IGNORED

Another positive from today's performance....

spudski

....is that any potential new manager would have read SC's continued mantra, that he couldn't get anymore from these players.

How wrong could those words be.

Pembo and Wade, showed what these players are capable of.

By being cunning, and changing to a formation that was more solid.

Using players to their strengths....and resting tired players. Trusting in the abilities of those that have been on the fringes and of which SC said he couldn't rely on.

This isn't a go at SC...but acknowledging that Wade and Pembo worked with these players as much as SC did....and decided we needed to change.

We could have easily kept to the same formation as SC did...as we also won at 'boro with it.

Now.... any potential new manager can actually see we have the nucleus of players to compete...and that they are good enough. A few experienced heads and shrewd acquisitions and there is no reason why we can't kick on now.

2 minutes ago, 29AR said:

To be fair Spud, he got 1-0 against Boro too ;) 

And what a fine win that was...but it was back to the walls stuff.

Today, we were brilliant and more solid. Everyone I've spoken too agrees it was not just about passion, but how well organised and solid we were.

Plus we had fresh legs playing.

It showed we have the players here...how great for those players on the fringes to be recognised and believed in...how great is it for their and the rest of the teams confidence.

The 'Boro press are praising us and we win the league performance of the day....just by changing.

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

And what a fine win that was...but it was back to the walls stuff.

Today, we were brilliant and more solid. Everyone I've spoken too agrees it was not just about passion, but how well organised and solid we were.

Plus we had fresh legs playing.

It showed we have the players here...how great for those players on the fringes to be recognised and believed in...how great is it for their and the rest of the teams confidence.

The 'Boro press are praising us and we win the league performance of the day....just by changing.

Quite right, and you did acknowledge that result (our away win) in your OP so harsh of me to be belligerent - but that's just what I am haha :) 

1 hour ago, spudski said:

....is that any potential new manager would have read SC's continued mantra, that he couldn't get anymore from these players.

How wrong could those words be.

Pembo and Wade, showed what these players are capable of.

By being cunning, and changing to a formation that was more solid.

Using players to their strengths....and resting tired players. Trusting in the abilities of those that have been on the fringes and of which SC said he couldn't rely on.

This isn't a go at SC...but acknowledging that Wade and Pembo worked with these players as much as SC did....and decided we needed to change.

We could have easily kept to the same formation as SC did...as we also won at 'boro with it.

Now.... any potential new manager can actually see we have the nucleus of players to compete...and that they are good enough. A few experienced heads and shrewd acquisitions and there is no reason why we can't kick on now.

Surely then we already have the management duo we need.

4 minutes ago, rednotblue said:

Surely then we already have the management duo we need.

Well it is a coach we are looking for...not a 'manager'.

That will be down to Ashton and Burt maybe to 'manage'.

We are looking for a Coach that will work with what we already have and galvanise the gap between the development players and first team.

I don't think the board have really clarified what 'control' they are looking for in their new Coach.

Will he be the one to say what type of players we need...or will it be the present director of football and Mr Ashton to decide, and then tell the coach to include them in the team.

Everyone calling for different managers...but do we really know what route we are going down and who will have the say on recruitment?

55 minutes ago, spudski said:

Well it is a coach we are looking for...not a 'manager'.

That will be down to Ashton and Burt maybe to 'manage'.

We are looking for a Coach that will work with what we already have and galvanise the gap between the development players and first team.

I don't think the board have really clarified what 'control' they are looking for in their new Coach.

Will he be the one to say what type of players we need...or will it be the present director of football and Mr Ashton to decide, and then tell the coach to include them in the team.

Everyone calling for different managers...but do we really know what route we are going down and who will have the say on recruitment?

One thing for sure if BCFC is going down the LFC committee route it will certainly put some of the better managers off (i'm still going to call them managers, because just like the linesmen, the name change never improved the quality and coach to me implies that he might NOT have full say over team selection and that IMO would never work).

39 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

One thing for sure if BCFC is going down the LFC committee route it will certainly put some of the better managers off (i'm still going to call them managers, because just like the linesmen, the name change never improved the quality and coach to me implies that he might have full say over team selection and that IMO would never work).

So you don't want the new manager/coach to have full say over the team selection EMB?

Isn't that what SC had, which you fully approved of?

Correct me if i'm wrong fella?

For me personally...I don't agree with one man having all the say in football matters.

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

So you don't want the new manager/coach to have full say over the team selection EMB?

Isn't that what SC had, which you fully approved of?

Correct me if i'm wrong fella?

For me personally...I don't agree with one man having all the say in football matters.

Sorry I missed the word not, now corrected.

I agree as long as the manager/coach has an input in everything to do with football matters.

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

It was a great win. And this is OTIB, so I don't know why I should suspect anything less, but people seem to be over reacting to a single win. A great win yes, but talk of giving the job to Pembo & Wade... Not just yet eh?

Quite right.

in the same way eulogising about the players after a few changes both personnel and formation is a tad premature 

Archived