IGNORED

Richard O'Donnell

BigAl&Toby

Absolutely superb. Commanded the entire penalty area and for me didn't put a foot wrong. 

Came when he needed to come. Caught what he needed to catch. Encouraged (upto the half way line) when he needed to.

And celebrated with passion and gusto.

Sign him on and play him as first choice. Please.

I really liked the look of him. Some awkward moments caused by his total dominance and coming for balls Fielding never would have, which caught the defence off guard. Not a criticism though, very much a compliment   

1 minute ago, kiwicolin said:

He's with us to the end of the season.

Brilliant reaction when we scored . He's one of us now.

however if we were to sign him would his loan get wiped out allowing us to loan another? Depending on how much Wigan would want for him could be worth it to get the loan move back

Was really surprised that we didn't go after him in the summer and he went to Wigan.  I certainly mentioned him over the summer along with Foderingham who went to Rangers.  Both were out of contract.  But you never know whether we did, and whether plenty of other clubs also did.  He might've insisted on being first choice, and maybe Cotts said he'd have to battle with Frank over pre-season.  It's not always as simple as offering them the right money.  For a keeper it can be very frustrating sitting on the bench every week, especially when Frank played every game just season.

Didnt the club report, on loan with a view to permie signing.

As @hodge says if we do think he's a good fit and he wants to come, then do the business now and free up another loan option for the incoming manager or Pembo/Wade....they may get to stay on!

I would like to point out, and I agree with everything above, but in 2 games he hasn't had a shot of any note to save !  (*just seen above post) Catching looks good , vocal and commanding and distribution seems good. Wish we had a manager who could sign him up !

3 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Don't think he has had a lot to do shot stopping so far so interesting to see how he deals with that but in terms of commanding his area he is head and shoulders above Fielding

Didn't see game today, but good to hear. It does make such a difference to any defence to have a keeper who will come and claim crosses rather than stand on his line. FF is a very good short-range stopper, but not at all commanding and suspect from long range efforts.

Great judgment by Cotts to bring him in as he's very vocal, commanding and good on crosses.

Nice to see his passion too in such a short space of time at the Club as gave those in front of him huge confidence.

Frankie is a great keeper too and maybe suffered a bit when he had no stiff competition to push for his place.

Derby fans raved about him and still do...

Archived