IGNORED

Sign if you DO want Appleton

Big Red Rich

2 hours ago, Chappers said:

Because they are not football managers, of course. I just like Tisdale, he's done a great job at Exeter, comes across well, slightly eccentric and such wonderful dress sense. Those outfits have done a good apprenticeship at lower levels, maybe time to see if they can step up and grace Championship touchlines.

yes he's done a bloody great job!! How many years has he been there and their still in league 2, 14 in fact, what a wonderful job the mans doing...

i would rather have Darell bloody Clarke

33 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

yes he's done a bloody great job!! How many years has he been there and their still in league 2, 14 in fact, what a wonderful job the mans doing...

i would rather have Darell bloody Clarke

They are still in existence, still on League two, solvent, good youth policy, play good football and occasional FA Cup fame. League One was a major struggle when they went up, so to stay where they are is fine. For clubs like that, knowing your limits and staying solvent are key. 

Personally i dont think he would come here hes doing great at Oxford and with a chance of promotion and a wembley final 90mins away he needs that on his cv. Speaking to an Oxford player he doesnt think map will leave and defo not for us . The player would be dissapiinted if he left as map was the reason he signed for Oxford.0

5 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Sell him to me?

You got in ahead of my edit! Much as I like the guy, not sure he's quite right for us, and not sure he'd leave Exeter anyway. Whetjer or not you want him here, the guy deserves a lot of respect, and the Exeter fans I know really admire him. And his dress sense is Class, that's the real selling point.

You seem to be suggesting City should base their criteria for recruitment on who supporters would deem a poor choice.  

I fully understand the observation you've made but can not for the life of me fathom what relevance previous fan reaction has on the chances of the next manager's success.

There is no causal correlation, imo.  It is pure coincidence.

Archived