IGNORED

David Moyes

boadle

Interestingly...

David Moyes:- Aged 52; Height 6' 1"; Playing Position - Defender; married with 2 children

Nigel Pearson:- Aged 52; Height 6' 1"; Playing Position - Defender; married with 2 children

The two favourites for the job.

And contrary to what some have previously stated about OTIB not being representational of the core fan base consider that the Poll i did on OTIB has these two in the above order on very similar percentages to the poll done on the Bristol Post web site. Fascinating!

You're all just messing with my emotions:sad26:

Anyway Moysie if you are reading this its safe to go to the Gate and sign as I'm in London all day today!  Something is bound to happen when I'm deep underground on a tube!

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

You're all just messing with my emotions:sad26:

Anyway Moysie if you are reading this its safe to go to the Gate and sign as I'm in London all day today!  Something is bound to happen when I'm deep underground on a tube!

IF Moysie ever did come here, we're gonna have to get a steward permanently assigned to sit on you at games to stop you running across the pitch and throwing yourself at him all the time! :D 

2 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

IF Moysie ever did come here, we're gonna have to get a steward permanently assigned to sit on you at games to stop you running across the pitch and throwing yourself at him all the time! :D 

Well yeah, but I hope he doesn't find that out before he signs! :clapping:

9 hours ago, boadle said:

Watching MOTD. Did I mishear or did David Moyee just say 'Come and get me' to all clubs interested, and specifically mentioned City?

Down the doctors for a hearing test on Monday morning then!

1 hour ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Look guys, sorry but no chance!! I just can't see it

Then around the opticians for an eye test afterwards!

City would be the perfect job for Moyes, he'd get time here and have a chance to establish city in the champ.  Concern is he has a pretty high opinion of himself and could see him holding out for a prem job even though i dont think he has the credibility at that level anymore. He must be loaded also after Utd so money might not be his motivator.

2 minutes ago, Tim Bartlett said:

City would be the perfect job for Moyes, he'd get time here and have a chance to establish city in the champ.  Concern is he has a pretty high opinion of himself and could see him holding out for a prem job even though i dont think he has the credibility at that level anymore. He must be loaded also after Utd so money might not be his motivator.

I couldn't agree less. This would be the worst opportunity for Moyes. His stock has slightly fallen after short periods at 2 clubs. If he comes to Bristol City and fails, that is career suicide. 

Too many risks for him to come here. 

4 minutes ago, Jesus said:

I couldn't agree less. This would be the worst opportunity for Moyes. His stock has slightly fallen after short periods at 2 clubs. If he comes to Bristol City and fails, that is career suicide. 

Too many risks for him to come here. 

This, end of thread!

2 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Interestingly...

David Moyes:- Aged 52; Height 6' 1"; Playing Position - Defender; married with 2 children

Nigel Pearson:- Aged 52; Height 6' 1"; Playing Position - Defender; married with 2 children

The two favourites for the job.

And contrary to what some have previously stated about OTIB not being representational of the core fan base consider that the Poll i did on OTIB has these two in the above order on very similar percentages to the poll done on the Bristol Post web site. Fascinating!

And they played in the same Shrewsbury Town side in the late 1980's!

9 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I don't even know what this means....

Basically lots of people were talking about him. However it was all pretty much negative: crap manager, crap pundit, knows nothing about football, has no eyebrows, terrible shirt, spent too long under a tanning machine, was the gist of the comments.

As MOTD was finishing, Lineaker leaned forward, and wispered to our next manager - "FFS Moysee, I forgot to ask you about joining the shit-'eds", and then slap himself hard on the forehead - like this::doh:.

Play it back with the television volume on FULL, and you can clearly almost hear it.

Moyes then went: ;), and then :blush:.

It's a ****ing done deal.

Uncle Moyes

1 hour ago, Taxi for Rennie said:

As MOTD was finishing, Lineaker leaned forward, and wispered to our next manager - "FFS Moysee, I forgot to ask you about joining the shit-'eds", and then slap himself hard on the forehead - like this::doh:.

Play it back with the television volume on FULL, and you can clearly almost hear it.

Moyes then went: ;), and then :blush:.

It's a ****ing done deal.

Uncle Moyes

Who are the Shit-eds? It's not an adopted nickname like The Gas. 

Try 'City' . 

11 hours ago, ciderup said:

Are Moyes and Pearson gonna have a fight to see who takes over then? ;)

Now THAT is a match up that I'd pay to watch.  I'd put my money on Moyes, I've seen him play and I've seen him angry.

3 hours ago, Bullbag said:

moyes.jpg

"Moyesie, Moyesie give us a wave!"  remember when he was briefly our top scorer?!?!?!?!?!!?

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That's ok! The Dutch league is a weird one, three really famous teams and then teams hardly anyone knows! McClaren won the league with Twente and took them into the Champions League, some achievement that...

I knew it was something, something, something!!!!

i should have looked it up, but I'm lazy!!!

Anyone who thinks Moyes wouldn't get a premier league job is deluded IMHO. Proven at that level, albeit failed at Utd, but whoever had that job could only go down after Ferguson.

I think there is a slight possibility that he would come here, however knowing from the inside how he used to run things at Everton I can't see him fitting into our director or football (or whatever we call him) set up. He'd want full control of everything...

2 minutes ago, Murraysrightplum said:

Anyone who thinks Moyes wouldn't get a premier league job is deluded IMHO. Proven at that level, albeit failed at Utd, but whoever had that job could only go down after Ferguson.

I think there is a slight possibility that he would come here, however knowing from the inside how he used to run things at Everton I can't see him fitting into our director or football (or whatever we call him) set up. He'd want full control of everything...

But he hasn't and he wants to pick where he wants to go…why not Bristol City? At least he knows where the ground is…

2 minutes ago, kivsy said:

Club wants a yes man , work to a tight budget and have very little control.   Not many managers worth their salt would go for this job 

They didn't actually say that, they want someone who could work with a group of people, unlike the old Fergie type managers of old who did have complete control.

1 minute ago, exAtyeoMax said:

They didn't actually say that, they want someone who could work with a group of people, unlike the old Fergie type managers of old who did have complete control.

And to be fair unless they are a 'superstar' manager, what team would give full control of the club to one man?

Archived