IGNORED

Return of the Jedi

shelts

It felt so different yesterday at the Gate it has given me great optimism that the club is re grouping and gonna start heading in the right direction.  A word of caution I know the first game after Cotts but it looked better on the pitch and felt better in the stand. 

Together we can achieve. 

COYR

I think the reason we looked so good was that Boro were expecting the same tactics and formation as we have ben playing all season and were not prepared for something different.

It remains to be seen how the future pans out and whether we can escape relegation.

For the record, I was a little sceptical about Cott's appointment.  He had some previous successes but also some failures, but I was very quickly proved wrong - he turned out to be a tremendous manager taking the club from virtual relegation to Div 2 up into the Championship without spending a fortune either.  Sorry he had to go in the end, though I think something was going on behind the scenes that prompted his exit.  We should be grateful for what he has achieved though.

2 hours ago, Jp91 said:

Just a shame it's not a league match.. Could of done with Preston being this Tuesday!

Well if Preston was this Tuesday, we wouldnt have played them last Tuesday in the match where Cotts was ultimately sacked, so Cotts would still be in charge which would mean we wouldnt be looking forward to Tuesday at all really. But I get what you mean.

12 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I think the reason we looked so good was that Boro were expecting the same tactics and formation as we have ben playing all season and were not prepared for something different.

It remains to be seen how the future pans out and whether we can escape relegation.

For the record, I was a little sceptical about Cott's appointment.  He had some previous successes but also some failures, but I was very quickly proved wrong - he turned out to be a tremendous manager taking the club from virtual relegation to Div 2 up into the Championship without spending a fortune either.  Sorry he had to go in the end, though I think something was going on behind the scenes that prompted his exit.  We should be grateful for what he has achieved though.

Come on, let's not make shite up....Every manager in league one knew (just ask Karl Robinson) that no-one had the resources or budget to compete with us last year.  NO-ONE!  WE BOUGHT THAT LEAGUE, DAMN YOU!!!!!

(or so you'd think!)

Archived