IGNORED

Liverpool vs United

Fordy62

16 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

It's been an intense few day. As intense as I've known. So I've created a thread about this afternoons game. 

I'm going to be watching, no doubt @Super is going to be watching. 

I think this game represents a welcome break from all things BCFC. I'm tired...

Interesting they mentioned on commentary that Carrick and Jones in the away end. Never known any of our injured players do that ?

2 minutes ago, daored said:

Interesting they mentioned on commentary that Carrick and Jones in the away end. Never known any of our injured players do that ?

I've seen our players in the away end with fans on numerous occasions.

5 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

credit where credit's due the Man u fans there ain't day trippers, their away support is world class

Their team though is another matter; they look utterly terrible.

Liverpool are at least attempting to play football; Manchester United are garbage.

1 hour ago, Taxi for Rennie said:

Tricky one this.

In an ideal world, they would both lose 3-0.

Real tricky.

:tumbleweed:

Uncle Moyes

The only game iv ever been to where I genuinely wanted both teams to loose was the gash v man u  in 74 I think on good Friday.

good result 0/0  only downer we got beat 1/0 at home to Norwich the next day to f... up our promotion charge!!!

12 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

The lack of quality from two of the most expensively assembled teams in premier league history is unbelievable. 

Alan Smith "Liverpool need to come up with a way of scoring goals." I've got an idea..  Play a striker.

Anyone think that Firminho is adapting to the Prem League well.  Far better 'back to goal' than earlier in the season.  I do believe if (big if) we can get Sturridge fit, then they would be excellent foil for each other.  Add it Coutinho as the other man in the mix, and that front three has something going for it.

Benteke - if you ain't gone whip crosses in you might as well sell him.  Never seen such a beast fail to win a flick on, although attacks a cross well.  A modern version and more expensive than Trevor Morgan!  (Anyone recall his header v Chester)

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Anyone think that Firminho is adapting to the Prem League well.  Far better 'back to goal' than earlier in the season.  I do believe if (big if) we can get Sturridge fit, then they would be excellent foil for each other.  Add it Coutinho as the other man in the mix, and that front three has something going for it.

Benteke - if you ain't gone whip crosses in you might as well sell him.  Never seen such a beast fail to win a flick on, although attacks a cross well.  A modern version and more expensive than Trevor Morgan!  (Anyone recall his header v Chester)

Anfield has been the graveyard of 'target men' since the wonderful John Toshack.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Have to be honest, the amount of grief aimed firminhos way early on in the season (with people claiming he wasn't good enough) was ridiculous.  Anyone who watches any German football knows what a good player he is and that he needs time to adjust.

Truth be told Liverpool would have won today if Sturridge was playing. But the guy is eternally crocked and benteke (as much as I like him) just doesn't fit klopps system.

United are probably going to bore their way into the top 4. But I guess at the end of the day its results that ultimately matter.

36 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

That was utter shit. 

I had £6.10 on Rooney to score first though. 

Gone with Koscielny this time up as an outside bet. 

I had 2 bets, Rooney first goal scorer and Rooney first scorer and Man united to win 1-0!!

only a tenner on but £195 back!!

this game I've gone Giroud first scorer and Arsenal 2-0. 25s

2 hours ago, daored said:

I remember going to Luton away one Tuesday night and Shaun Taylor and Brian Tinnion stood with us in the away end.

I also remember Martin Kuhl sitting with City fans in the Atyeo after being subbed.

Martin Samuel:

"Manchester United still resemble one of those arthouse films where nothing much happens for an hour, then there is a bit of action, the credits roll and everyone leaves none the wiser.... 

.....United have had four shots on target in two games against Liverpool, and scored from them all.  It is hard to see how a title challenge can be maintained with such slender margins. All that can be said of Manchester United is that they are considerably further ahead in their rebuilding project than Klopp and Liverpool. 
The revolution, for both clubs, is slow in coming. Unfortunately, for the neutrals watching at home, it is always televised."

Archived