IGNORED

Mark Robins

'Orns

11 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

I believe he is only in Woodsy's frame which, unless i am mistaken and with all due respect to him, thankfully counts for nout.

I think he actually likes the idea but i may have misread what he has said. :dunno:

Just to be clear on this Havana - I think it's a ******* terrible idea, but SL has been quoted as being a fan of Robins when we have been in this situation before

Just putting it out there. Made a change from reading about Appleton

2 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Just to be clear on this Havana - I think it's a ******* terrible idea, but SL has been quoted as being a fan of Robins when we have been in this situation before

Just putting it out there. Made a change from reading about Appleton

'Aint that the truth. Glad you cleared that up for me Woodsy; for a moment there i was worried, for you, that maybe you had completely lost your marbles. :)

3 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

'Aint that the truth. Glad you cleared that up for me Woodsy; for a moment there i was worried, for you, that maybe you had completely lost your marbles. :)

That happened a long time ago, me old mucker. 29 years of watching City will do that to you!

14 minutes ago, hodge said:

Sacked for not doing well enough in the division below, hardly a sign of being able to cop in the division above.

Because a manager has been sacked at another club doesn't mean he wouldn't be successful here. Likewise a manager with a good track record doesn't guarantee him success here.

We need a manager who can work to the resources we can provide i.e. building a squad on a limited budget both transfer and wages, with an unfancied team. I'm not saying Robins should be considered nor at the other extreme should Moyes necessarily be seen as the answer. 

I have to say I'm glad I don't have to hire the new man. I just hope those that do give it thorough consideration.

6 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

That happened a long time ago, me old mucker. 29 years of watching City will do that to you!

Oh tis true indeed but not sufficiently to be espousing the, lost on most of us, virtues of the likes of Robins, Appleton, Tisdale, Monk, and whatever other bizarre options have been peddled out these past few fascinating days.

22 minutes ago, numbeast said:

Because a manager has been sacked at another club doesn't mean he wouldn't be successful here. Likewise a manager with a good track record doesn't guarantee him success here.

We need a manager who can work to the resources we can provide i.e. building a squad on a limited budget both transfer and wages, with an unfancied team. I'm not saying Robins should be considered nor at the other extreme should Moyes necessarily be seen as the answer. 

I have to say I'm glad I don't have to hire the new man. I just hope those that do give it thorough consideration.

The board created this situation themselves so no sympathy whatsoever for the task before them now..

They indeed had better give it due consideration and get it right, or risk the non renewal of thousands amongst the fanbase who were backing the manager and remain thoroughly pissed off by their actions.

Archived