IGNORED

Frederico Machaeda, Keemar Roofe, Peter Whittingh and John Lundstram,Alex Pearce,

Fordy62

Hi all,

Just passing on a little Intel. The above were players that we were interested in. We still might be. I'm not sure which of the went with Cotts' demise, but my suspicion is that we've maintained interest if Pemberton is talking of imminent signings.

Roofe - midfield - Oxford

Lundstram - midfield - Oxford

Pearce - defender - Derby

machaeda - striker - Cardiff

whittingham - midfielder - Cardiff

i hear that Cotts was told "no" to some of the above, but wouldn't be surprised to see the goalposts change now he's gone.

Mods - feel free to merge with transfer rumours at some point, but figured it deserved its own thread for the moment.

Source: I know someone who knows stuff. 

PS bolloxed the thread title up nicely didn't I?

2 minutes ago, BCFC_Dan said:

The only one of those I'd be massively bothered about is Whittingham, who'd be an excellent signing.

Is he realistic though? Started their last game and a high wage earner. I'd take all of them to be fair but I'd make Roofe a priority as he scores goals out of nothing and is on shit hot form. Would also fit nicely into our new formation. 18 goals in 31 games from midfield. A no-brainer.

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Is he realistic though? Started their last game and a high wage earner. I'd take all of them to be fair but I'd make Roofe a priority as he scores goals out of nothing and is on shit hot form. Would also fit nicely into our new formation. 18 goals in 31 games from midfield. A no-brainer.

No idea, but none of the others are midfielders with good Championship experience, which is what we need above all else.

12 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Hi all,

Just passing on a little Intel. The above were players that we were interested in. We still might be. I'm not sure which of the went with Cotts' demise, but my suspicion is that we've maintained interest if Pemberton is talking of imminent signings.

Roofe - midfield - Oxford

Lundstram - midfield - Oxford

Pearce - defender - Derby

machaeda - striker - Cardiff

whittingham - midfielder - Cardiff

i hear that Cotts was told "no" to some of the above, but wouldn't be surprised to see the goalposts change now he's gone.

Mods - feel free to merge with transfer rumours at some point, but figured it deserved its own thread for the moment.

Source: I know someone who knows stuff. 

PS bolloxed the thread title up nicely didn't I?

Thanks for sharing Fordy !!

12 minutes ago, BCFC_Dan said:

The only one of those I'd be massively bothered about is Whittingham, who'd be an excellent signing.

Strangley he's one of 2 I wouldn't be bothered about along with Pearce. Where would Whittingham play? Got less pace than Pack and certainly can't do anywhere near as much defensively.

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I've heard (don't know how reliable, so will be interesting to see) that before SC left, Macheada and Whittingham were done deals and now just need re-finalising. 

Macheda has been widely reported as being 1 of 2 signings who were due to go through last week before SC was sacked. I know someone that knows Whits so will maybe give him a shout!

Durden as said we're signing someone who still has ambitions of playing in the Euros - Alex Pearce at Derby would fit that bill - for the Republic.

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Macheda has been widely reported as being 1 of 2 signings who were due to go through last week before SC was sacked. I know someone that knows Whits so will maybe give him a shout!

Durden as said we're signing someone who still has ambitions of playing in the Euros - Alex Pearce at Derby would fit that bill - for the Republic.

So would ? Whittingham ?  I guess

Still say its Lafferty ;)

7 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Is Whittingham out of favour at Cardiff?

Very surprised they'd let him go.

How would he fit into our team though? No defensive ability and certainly no legs. 

5 minutes ago, BCFC Jordan said:

In order of preference;

Roofe, Whittingham, Lundstram, Pearce, Macheda.

Roofe, Lundstram, Pearce, Whittingam Macheda.

15 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Strangley he's one of 2 I wouldn't be bothered about along with Pearce. Where would Whittingham play? Got less pace than Pack and certainly can't do anywhere near as much defensively.

He's got experience and quality. He wouldn't need to move about much, just make himself available for passes, move the ball sensibly and let Korey Smith hare about the pitch chasing people.

Did you complain that Paul Hartley had no pace when he signed?

6 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Lots of people screen shotting that twitter comment - he's not a journo, not sure of the relevance

I bloody hope he's right though!

Was also linked somewhere deep in the press yesterday that we were in for him

Thought he was a more obvious one with Cotts here but we still have the WE connection and he'd get game time here

My vibe is its him - whether he red comes here ?

Im going for a confident he'll be in the squad Saturday ;)

COYR

3 minutes ago, BCFC_Dan said:

He's got experience and quality. He wouldn't need to move about much, just make himself available for passes, move the ball sensibly and let Korey Smith hare about the pitch chasing people.

Did you complain that Paul Hartley had no pace when he signed?

I knew nothing about the guy when he signed. Whittingham does love a nice goal but I'm just wondering whether he'll be that much better than Pack, considering he looked an outstanding player in our new system. If he comes in for Reid then we've got a very immobile 2 central midfielders and our striker could be very isolated. I think if we were to sign him he'd be an equivalent to Wade Elliot last season but right now I think I'd rather have a mobile central midfielder or a tough physical presence as opposed to a technical player like PW

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Was also linked somewhere deep in the press yesterday that we were in for him

Thought he was a more obvious one with Cotts here but we still have the WE connection and he'd get game time here

My vibe is its him - whether he red comes here ?

Im going for a confident he'll be in the squad Saturday ;)

COYR

He's someone I'd love to see in a City shirt - hope you're right, Bob

Archived