IGNORED

Annual Accounts 2015 Released. (MERGED)

ashton_fan

City lost £10m last season which was roughly the same as the wage bill, on a turnover of £7.7m, a bit worrying since we were so successful and had such a small squad. Surely we will be in breach of FFP this time next year since only allowed to lose £6m this season and our costs have probably gone up if anything. I'm sure the Board must be aware of this, we will have to sign lots of players in the Summer window as we may be embargoed for next January and the following summer. From next season the rules change (easier) so hopefully won't be such a problem in the long term.

Loss of almost £10million, covered by Steve Lansdown once again. 

Wage costs fairly similar to previous years at just over £10million, interestingly the number of staff increased by a large amount but playing staff was the same at 51. 

The turnover is up by over 25% despite redevelopment (run to Wembley probably helped massively), but at £7.7 million is less than half the outgoings.

Profit of £1.4 million on players contracts (£1.1million in 2014) and surprised we only got £60k broadcast revenue. 

3 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

One item that caught my eye was the solidarity payment income (note 2, page 17):  any one have any clue as to what that is?

Think it is money paid from Premier League to the Football League clubs. 

5 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

The stuff at the end re: related party transactions is a bit of a complicated one with money going in all directions (including £400k in rent from Bristol Rugby to the Bristol City Holdings group)! 

Also interesting the RSG kit deal resulted in payment of £75k, a far cry from Man Utd's £50million deal!

4 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

One item that caught my eye was the solidarity payment income (note 2, page 17):  any one have any clue as to what that is?

I'm pretty sure it's from the Premier League.  Did any clubs bounce straight back up in that year? I understand the parachute payments are split between the clubs.  Could be wrong.

1 minute ago, Stoke_Gifford_Red said:

Also interesting the RSG kit deal resulted in payment of £75k, a far cry from Man Utd's £50million deal!

I clocked that, surely we provide enough exposure for a business other than that of a board member to stump up some pennies.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

We can;t have had a wage bill of £10m last year?? I am probably reading it wrong or missing some basic yet key part but basic skim read of account says:

Turnover:

£7,695,219

Wage bill £10,063,673

Is there something key I am missing in those figures?

That is what happened. The turnover (eg money coming in!) really was less than the wage bill! May explain the complete lack of signings since last season.

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

We can;t have had a wage bill of £10m last year?? I am probably reading it wrong or missing some basic yet key part but basic skim read of account says:

Turnover:

£7,695,219

Wage bill £10,063,673

Having not looked at the PDF yet, so could be totally wrong, but in the article it mentions incentive bonuses. Could be that the "regular" wages are a fair bit lower, but with the incentive bonuses for winning the league, it increased the amount paid.

3 minutes ago, Stoke_Gifford_Red said:

That is what happened. The turnover (eg money coming in!) really was less than the wage bill! May explain the complete lack of signings since last season.

That's a shame, I thought the club was on the right road with this...perhaps it's just a blip and things will surely improve moving forward. Concerning though.

Wage bill of £10 million?! Wow. Mr Cotterill certainly had the 'golden ticket' last season.

That is FIVE times the wage bill of Swindon. God knows how much bigger it is than some of the smaller teams in League One.

I referred to us several times last season as 'the Man City of L1', not sure that does it justice considering that figure??

Promotion/bonus incentives would of course made up some of that £10 million but surely not THAT much?

I thought we'd be around the £6-7 million mark to be honest.

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Turnover:

£7,695,219

Wage bill £10,063,673

I haven't read the accounts but the wage bill should be for everyone employed by City, not just playing staff. I'm not sure how this is affected by the Bristol Sport involvement, but some people must be employed by City. Perhaps Scott Murray earns more than we think. Then there are the directors if they take a salary

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That's a shame, I thought the club was on the right road with this...perhaps it's just a blip and things will surely improve moving forward. Concerning though.

It needn't be, not with Mr Lansdown in charge - see that our shortfall was covered by share issues :) 

Many businesses are loss making and that can be quite reasonable - speculate to accumulate and all that. The concern is how sustainable that is and what happens if your gamble fails.

With a billionaire and his boy behind us I don't feel concerned about it.

6 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Being a total thicko re. finance, is it better or worse than last year...in other words are we improving ?

Theoretically accounts ending May 2017 should show a significant increase in turnover as the stadium will be finished and corporate facilities maxed out plus bigger crowds...that's when we'll be able to budget for proper Championship wages and compete on much more of a level playing field in this division.

7 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Theoretically accounts ending May 2017 should show a significant increase in turnover as the stadium will be finished and corporate facilities maxed out plus bigger crowds...that's when we'll be able to budget for proper Championship wages and compete on much more of a level playing field in this division.

This^^ I fully expect, due to the rebuild thorough this season as well, that next years accounts like look very similar. Looks like we're just holding the fort on finances until the stadium is finished and we can gauge turnover.

2 minutes ago, RedBrizzleRobin said:

This^^ I fully expext, due to the rebuild thorough this season as well, that next years accounts like look very similar. Looks like we're just holding the fort on finances until the stadium is finished and we can gauge turnover.

1000 covers in hospitality paying £80 each = £80,000 extra per game

X 23 games = an extra £1.84 million a season, for example...

11 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Wage bill of £10 million?! Wow. Mr Cotterill certainly had the 'golden ticket' last season.

That is FIVE times the wage bill of Swindon. God knows how much bigger it is than some of the smaller teams in League One.

I referred to us several times last season as 'the Man City of L1', not sure that does it justice considering that figure??

Promotion/bonus incentives would of course made up some of that £10 million but surely not THAT much?

I thought we'd be around the £6-7 million mark to be honest.

Not sure how much of staff wages are on the non-playing side, but players only made up about a quarter of the total headcount. 

Even assuming the 150 non-playing staff got paid £10k each, that is £1.5 million. 

2 minutes ago, Stoke_Gifford_Red said:

Not sure how much of staff wages are on the non-playing side, but players only made up about a quarter of the total headcount. 

Even assuming the 150 non-playing staff got paid £10k each, that is £1.5 million. 

Ah, I hadn't realised it included non-playing staff - thought they may have come under Bristol Sport to be honest...

40 minutes ago, Stoke_Gifford_Red said:

I don't understand this, a box alone is 22k?

21 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Ah, I hadn't realised it included non-playing staff - thought they may have come under Bristol Sport to be honest...

I imagine all the stadium staff are paid for by Bristol Sport and we pay them to run the stadium / behind the scenes stuff (would make sense instead of both us and B Rugby doing the same thing). The academy, players, coaching staff and BCFCs board and directors though I would assume is on our own payroll. I have no idea how this breaks down, but signing fees, and players like Jet and Cunningham would have been on a older pay scale and probably not cheap. 

Archived