IGNORED

Pack, well done sir...

cityexile

Always down after a defeat, but I suspect a bit like a Preston fan getting blown out of the FA Cup after resting players...its all good.

Often gets very faint praise, but a shout out to Pack tonight. Championship level no doubt at all. On occasions I thought was keeping a very new and weak midfield in the game all on his own.

Well played sir.

4 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Nope. We all see the game differently I accept, and the way I saw it, and watching him live on Saturday, with him and Smith I am very confident. 

fair enough, he did well but didn't think it was an outstanding show from any of the players, if anything it showed how much Corey dictates our play and he was missed.

Was the best City player on the pitch tonight imo, barely put a foot wrong, tackled well and also moved the ball forward well when he had the option. No complaints about him continuing to retain his place in the side. Pack and Smith playing with Gladwin infront of them could be a good setup.

I thought he had a shocker, specifically watched him as admittedly I am a critic.

He made next to no tackles the entire game, players breezed past him constantly.

He won about 10% of the headers.

His passing in the air was abysmal, 0% possibly?

His passing along the floor wasn't much better.

He passed backwards a lot, Williams to Pack, Pack to Williams.

Amazing how views can be so vastly different about the same player. I thought Pack played well tonight especially in the first half. It's quite difficult to look good in a defensive midfield role but I thought he took the ball well, moved it about and found a red shirt on the end of a pass more often than not.

There were a lot of balls being lumped forward tonight (Little) with no chance of anyone getting on the end of it or, a lot of running around (Freeman and Reid) taking players on but not finding the space and losing the ball to a stumble or simple block tackle. Wagstaff had to keeping coming into the middle of the pitch because he could have stood on the left all night and even after West Brom were boarding the team bus he wouldn't have got a decent ball to his feat.

7 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Amazing how views can be so vastly different about the same player. I thought Pack played well tonight especially in the first half. It's quite difficult to look good in a defensive midfield role but I thought he took the ball well, moved it about and found a red shirt on the end of a pass more often than not.

There were a lot of balls being lumped forward tonight (Little) with no chance of anyone getting on the end of it or, a lot of running around (Freeman and Reid) taking players on but not finding the space and losing the ball to a stumble or simple block tackle. Wagstaff had to keeping coming into the middle of the pitch because he could have stood on the left all night and even after West Brom were boarding the team bus he wouldn't have got a decent ball to his feat.

On Wagstaff he looked comfortable enough on the ball and carrying it tonight, definitely an option as cover/sub in the middle still for me.

I think some just have their agenda on Pack. Again he was quality against a prem team. Don't know what game some were watching but he made many tackles as Reid and Freeman lost the ball quite a bit. Pack always brings it aerially. Did he win every header tonight? No but he was also up against two of the biggest strikers you'll see in Anichibe and Rondon. He tried the cross field pass twice though that didn't come off but other than that he had a very good game. 

Marlon will be playing championship football next season whether we stay up or not. I get people feel we can do better and we can upgrade on him but they'd be an expensive buy. 

My MOM tonight, always available and wanting the ball, doesnt try and many wonder balls as he used do, much more controlled now. Done well the last 3/4 games for me. The competition for places will help improve him i think, and came into his own 2nd half of last season, lets hope its the start of a decent run now...

7 hours ago, Griffin said:

I thought he had a shocker, specifically watched him as admittedly I am a critic.

He made next to no tackles the entire game, players breezed past him constantly.

He won about 10% of the headers.

His passing in the air was abysmal, 0% possibly?

His passing along the floor wasn't much better.

He passed backwards a lot, Williams to Pack, Pack to Williams.

This post is just incredible. Just proves that those with the knives out for Pack are just basing it on their preconceptions and not watching the game. 

Pack's 'problem' for me is his lack of pace. The new formation means he doesn't have as much ground to cover because your wide men aren't going the length of the pitch and he gets a little more space to do his thing. Still not 100% convinced we couldn't do better at Championship level, but I say 'bravo Marlon'

He's had a solid season so far in general, he carried on from Saturday and was great again last night .  He usually makes a coupe of mistakes early on but soon gets into the game.  He will look even better with BG alongside him and Corey for sure.  I think it's compulsory in the dolman to blame him for everything that doesn't go our way.

Archived