IGNORED

Pack, well done sir...

cityexile

Marlon is a 'marmite' player for sure and seems to have taken Skuse's mantle.

There are people sitting around me in The Dolman who groan every time he receives the ball (which is a lot of groaning over 90 minutes) and never ever applaud or even quietly acknowledge the mostly positive contribution he makes.

Obviously, we're all just expressing our opinions here but I do think that, overall, he's one of our better players who performs his allotted role fairly consistently well.

I've not seen many opposing players take Pack's role better than him, he's improving all the time and he could well end up as a really valuable asset, either to the team or in the transfer market.

It's just an opinion mind (but tin hat now firmly on)!

In the first half he was particularly superb. He always seemed to be in the right place to make a challenge or to receive the ball and he used it well. Managed to restrict himself to only a couple of long diagonal passes and found his man most of the time.

BT Sport displayed some statistics that showed he had the most touches and completed the most passes of any player on the pitch. Against Premiership opposition, even a Pulis side, that's notable.

4 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Even so, he's been average or below most of the season, showing he's not championship standard. He needs replacing for us to move up the Championship next season (if we are still in it).

If you want city near the top of the league, he is not the answer, come on chaps.

I'd say that if we want City near the top then very very few of the existing players are the answer! 

General question. How many of ours would get into a top 5 team on a regular basis? Realistically. Without red tinted glasses on.

We are where we are due to 2 reasons. Players not good enough to be (much) higher atm and poor management. Not really a criticism, just what I believe to be the truth. 

As a 'to date' non Pack fan thought he had a decent game last night overall - the swing away from 5-3-2 helps hide his obvious lack of pace as others have commented on 

Still don't see him as a regular if this side is to progress at this level IMO particulately down to his lack of pace and mobility for this level - which he can't change massively unfortunately

But Well done MP

He had a decent game. If I had one criticism, he misjudged a couple of headers. One of them was in the first phase that lead up to their goal. I don't think he was under any pressure, indeed. may have had time to bring it down on his chest, unfortunately he just misjudged it and missed it completely. 

Flint did the same a few seconds later and that was that, so not all Marlon's fault!

2 hours ago, Sir Leigh of Somerset said:

Marlon is a 'marmite' player for sure and seems to have taken Skuse's mantle.

There are people sitting around me in The Dolman who groan every time he receives the ball (which is a lot of groaning over 90 minutes) and never ever applaud or even quietly acknowledge the mostly positive contribution he makes.

Obviously, we're all just expressing our opinions here but I do think that, overall, he's one of our better players who performs his allotted role fairly consistently well.

I've not seen many opposing players take Pack's role better than him, he's improving all the time and he could well end up as a really valuable asset, either to the team or in the transfer market.

It's just an opinion mind (but tin hat now firmly on)!

I was in the dolman and witnessed the same thing. In the first half he played a cross field ball towards Little which was cut out, followed by groans and boos. 5 mins later Bobby Reid does exactly the same thing, same outcome and there was applause.

14 hours ago, Harry said:

Pack was very comfortable against Prem opposition. Certainly showed Bobby how to do it, who was rather weak. 

I agree he was certainly the pick of a poor midfield and didn't look out of place, if only he could cut out the 3 or 4 occasions during a game where he seems to  nonchalantly give away a simple ball away and usually at an inopportune moment.

But we do need a midfielder who offers goals, hopefully Gladwin might be that soldier.

14 hours ago, Thatwasclose said:

is this thread a joke? 

No, you must have been watching another game. If you like watching football with a football brain may I recommend doing your coaching badges, I've done almost all of mine now, 2 more to go - been helping coach a local non-league side to help along the way and I promise you you'll look at football in a different way afterwards. You have to take into account just how awful Bobby Reid was last night to realise how well Pack did to make sure we weren't overrun in that midfield. He kept control of the ball well under pressure and played several passes that opened play up, even if they weren't the final ball.

Archived