IGNORED

3 or 4 new signings

Lucybcfc

8 minutes ago, Lucybcfc said:

Bids are in for 3 or 4 new players with a striker, left-back and a holding midfielder to be the priorities......(source Stockhausen - twitter)

Matt Smith

Rhoys Wiggins

?????

So we're after a keeper, a right back, an attacking midfielder and a winger then....

I know we haven't been relegated yet, and we have a fantastic fan base, stadium redevelopment etc, but who would want to sign for a club in the relegation zone with no manager, who may appoint a manager that doesn't want/like a newly signed player? If you're going to sack a manager in the January transfer window when the squad is struggling due to size and the club is struggling to secure players signatures, have another manager lined up at least! Why take weeks searching for a manager now? Unless the powers that be have lost hope and firmly believe we will be relegated, and therefore are planning for next season by looking for a manager to get us back up next year, and so they don't want to sign big names on big wages that may not keep us in this league. I would not be surprised if the new manager was unveiled after the window closes, so they can use it in their favour to avoid making ambitious signings this window - you heard it here first!

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

"Holding midfielder" surprises me.  Korey Smith has that role nailed and Pack can cover it in his absence.  Surely the priority is competition for Pack (in his usual role) and/or Freeman, neither of whom I would describe as holding midfielders.

I think Korey can easily play further forward.

12 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

People keep saying we don't have a manager.

I'm pretty sure these players are signing in the full knowledge that Pembo is our current manager. 

Right now he's our caretaker manager, and anyone signing for us now would have no idea whether the full-time successor would want them in their team or not.  Neither would they be able to decide whether it's someone they want to play under.  It's a grey area that makes it harder for us to make permanent signings - I don't see how you could argue with that.

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Sorry, you are trying to tell me it's obvious that Pemberton isn't our interim and therefore current boss?

Arena/Stadium: Ashton Gate Stadium

League: Football League Championship

Training ground: BCFC Training Ground

Owners: Stephen Lansdown

Managers: Wade Elliott, John Pemberton :facepalm::facepalm:

38 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

Just a pity we couldn't get 2/3 in during the summer,with the squad we had and confidence sky high we could of coped in this league quite easily.

Or an alternative spin on it could be that if we'd have signed 3 or 4 in the summer then the squad might have been annoyed that Cotts hadn't faith in them to do it. At least now the they know they've had the chance amd weren't quite good enough so will understand reinforcements coming in. 

3 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Arena/Stadium: Ashton Gate Stadium

League: Football League Championship

Training ground: BCFC Training Ground

Owners: Stephen Lansdown

Managers: Wade Elliott, John Pemberton :facepalm::facepalm:

Is that from wikipedia...?

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Right now he's our caretaker manager, and anyone signing for us now would have no idea whether the full-time successor would want them in their team or not.  Neither would they be able to decide whether it's someone they want to play under.  It's a grey area that makes it harder for us to make permanent signings - I don't see how you could argue with that.

Oh I can argue with that alright. At least you've actually accepted he is our current manager, well done for that.

Second point, I refer you to two loan signings made this week and other impending permanent transfers. We can reassess at the end of Jan if you like but it appears we are going to have signed more players in 2 weeks than we did with a permanent manager in charge for the whole of last summer and the previous January transfer window for good measure.

People were saying last week we wouldn't be able to make signings and I'm afraid that is nonsense. We seem to be making it look quite easy all of a sudden...

Archived