IGNORED

3 or 4 new signings

Lucybcfc

8 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Your trying to be clever, we all know Pemberton is looking after the team until a new manager is named. Dear oh dear. 'Interim' 'Caretaker' - Manager, not the new manager.

Yep, that's what managers do and that is exactly what Pemberton (and Wade) is doing now. No cleverness, it's incredibly simple.

Players are signing for Bristol City FC not a manager.

I understand a manager is a big part of the deal but these days how many players play under only one manager during their 3, 4 or 5 year contracts!?

It's up to Ashton, Burt and whoever else to sell the club and the vision for the future...including a new manager.

12 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

Or an alternative spin on it could be that if we'd have signed 3 or 4 in the summer then the squad might have been annoyed that Cotts hadn't faith in them to do it. At least now the they know they've had the chance amd weren't quite good enough so will understand reinforcements coming in. 

I know what you're saying,but they would only of been replacing those that were leaving and 2/3 new players wouldn't have rocked the boat too much.

6 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Trying to be clever again, he's not 'the manager'. We all know this including yourself. The manager will be named sometime soon (hopefully). We all know this including yourself.

He is 'the manager' (with Wade) until we find a new one. He is performing the role and duties of 'the manager'. The new manager could be named soon or not. That is all we know at this stage.

3 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

last one.....he's the interim manager, not the manager - http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/steve-cotterill-relieved-of-his-duties-2902393.aspx

Odd to quote a source that doesn't back up a single thing you've said?

Before you go if you could outline the differences in the duties and role that Pemberton/Wade are carrying out versus the one that SC was then that'd be most helpful. Seems to me they're doing the same job but hey ho!

22 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Your trying to be clever, we all know Pemberton is looking after the team until a new manager is named. Dear oh dear. 'Interim' 'Caretaker' - Manager, not the new manager.

Pemberton's obviously not the manager and there's only a miniscule chance he will be in future. Let's bloody well hope that's the case anyway.

Prospective players and their agents will know this full well, and very likely assume City will be getting in a far more proven one for the lengths of their contracts.They might even have been assured of such, if not given a name. Loan signings won't care much if they've little intention of ever signing permanently.

All the players now being signed will have been on the list already assembled by Burt, Cotts. and others. It's not like Pemberton's suddenly magicked them up out of thin air due to superior knowledge, persuasiveness, or any other incredible qualities.

The difference now, and why we're apparently seeing players more willing to sign is these are much less sought after players, with less options, less wages, it's later in the window, it's often a short term loan, and we've already worked our way through the list of players we really wanted.

Plus, probably, options  B and C when option A didn't come off.

Much less sought after players, much less in wages, far easier to sign, permanent manager or not.

6 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Pemberton's obviously not the manager and there's only a miniscule chance he will be in future. Let's bloody well hope that's the case anyway.

Prospective players and their agents will know this full well, and very likely assume City will be getting in a far more proven one for the lengths of their contracts.They might even have been assured of such, if not given a name. Loan signings won't care much if they've little intention of ever signing permanently.

All the players now being signed will have been on the list already assembled by Burt, Cotts. and others. It's not like Pemberton's suddenly magicked them up out of thin air due to superior knowledge, persuasiveness, or any other incredible qualities.

The difference now, and why we're apparently seeing players more willing to sign is these are much less sought after players, with less options, less wages, it's later in the window, it's often a short term loan, and we've already worked our way through the list of players we really wanted.

Much less sought after players, much less in wages, far easier to sign, permanent manager or not.

The tables are starting to turn ...

35 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I actually think the club have probably told so,e if not all ofmthe prospective signings who the new manager could be.

There are multiple reasons why a player might sign for a club with no manager. The main one being ££££!

Players of championship level have as good a chance as anyone of playing in France this summer with the home nations (except the Scots of course :clapping:) and Ireland being there, expect every player who isn't playing regularly to move somewhere they believe they will. ......They are more likely to walk into a team at the bottom than a team at the top.

Also did I mention ££££££.

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Oh I can argue with that alright. At least you've actually accepted he is our current manager, well done for that.

Second point, I refer you to two loan signings made this week and other impending permanent transfers. We can reassess at the end of Jan if you like but it appears we are going to have signed more players in 2 weeks than we did with a permanent manager in charge for the whole of last summer and the previous January transfer window for good measure.

People were saying last week we wouldn't be able to make signings and I'm afraid that is nonsense. We seem to be making it look quite easy all of a sudden...

Any need for the patronising tone?

We've made two loan signings.  Cotterill made plenty of loan signings himself; Baker, Moore, Bennett, Robinson, Hamer.  You talk as if Pemberton has rebuilt the side.

Quite why you are refusing to acknowledge that Pemberton is our caretaker manager, as opposed to our permanent manager, I don't understand.  Just saying "he's the manager" doesn't recognise the undeniable fact that he is not appointed to the position permanently, which could very well have an influence on whether a player wants to come here.

15 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Any need for the patronising tone?

We've made two loan signings.  Cotterill made plenty of loan signings himself; Baker, Moore, Bennett, Robinson, Hamer.  You talk as if Pemberton has rebuilt the side.

Quite why you are refusing to acknowledge that Pemberton is our caretaker manager, as opposed to our permanent manager, I don't understand.  Just saying "he's the manager" doesn't recognise the undeniable fact that he is not appointed to the position permanently, which could very well have an influence on whether a player wants to come here.

Wasn't supposed to be patronising. I am not refusing to acknowledge Pemberton is our caretaker manager - that is exactly what I'm saying he is. Hence he is still a MANAGER, is he not? The task and role he is undertaking is as manager. I'm just bemused that I keep reading we don't have one, permanent or not, when we do - that's all.

Probably being pedantic but it ain't difficult to simply say "I think we will struggle to sign any players because we don't have a permanent manager in post".

4 hours ago, Thatch35 said:

Indeed, I guess they must be telling them which manager will be in place too? Seems funny for anyone to sign for a club at the bottom with no manager. But hey, good luck to guys at City doing the transfer business, hope it's successful.

We're not getting a new manger.  The COO who the head coach will report to is already in place.  Doesn't seem funny in the slightest to me.  Very simple.  

Archived