IGNORED

Moyes have been approached.

bs3

7 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Not totally correct(I Think!)

I think you will find it was before he was appointed PNE manager. He came back early from a holiday to find Tiny Penis had been appointed. Subsequent to this he went to Preston I believe

David Moyes became Preston manager in 1998

Pulis joined city in 1999

It was a while ago, I know, but I'm pretty sure I am right? but then.................

33 minutes ago, arpaul said:

David Moyes became Preston manager in 1998

Pulis joined city in 1999

It was a while ago, I know, but I'm pretty sure I am right? but then.................

Fair do's happy to be proved wrong just shows my memory aint what it used to be!

3 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

I think you are confusing SL's generosity and willingness to put money into the club (fantastic!) with his ability to make the right football business decisions (not so fantastic!)

At this rate, "Jack Dawe", we are going to need a new dart board because you are wearing out the bullseye. Good arrows, squire!

9 minutes ago, Mark Jenkinson said:

Can state with 100 per cent  certainty that Moyes has not been approached with a view to taking the post

His salary alone makes it a non starter

You can't state anything with "100 per cent certainty" unless you know it as a fact that he hasn't. Do you know that as a fact?

14 minutes ago, Mark Jenkinson said:

Can state with 100 per cent  certainty that Moyes has not been approached with a view to taking the post

Without being rude, you don't know shit. 99.999999% on here don't know shit and its getting bloody annoying

I imagine they would speak to Moyes as a matter of course if only for his advice and take on possible candidates, especially as he is around and about watching games on doing TV and wotnot.

Bristol Sport (rugby) appointed the former England and Scotland coach Andy Robinson a while back . . . not a cheap option. 

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Lansdown wasn't the main decision maker when Moyes was overlooked for Pulis. No reason why there'd be ill feeling between them.

John laycock brought pulis in, Scott Davidson wanted either moyes or Peter Taylor but was outvoted at the board meeting. Scott Davidson told me that himself, he was gutted. 

5 hours ago, bcfcRobbo said:

Bullshit. Everyone in the game rates SL as an owner. The only people that cant see he's a fantastic chairman are a sad minority of our fans.

City do have long-running internal problems but SL is at most on the periphery of that. Incompetent personnel within the club itself have been the downfall.

11 hours ago, Mark Jenkinson said:

Is the managers wage included in the FPP sum? If not then surely SL can pay the new guy whatever he wants??

1 minute ago, Woodsy said:

Is the managers wage included in the FPP sum? If not then surely SL can pay the new guy whatever he wants??

Don't have the same issues with paying X player double our current highest earner either in terms of squad harmony. May be wrong, but didn't Fergie insist on matching all highest earners at United? 

9 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Don't have the same issues with paying X player double our current highest earner either in terms of squad harmony. May be wrong, but didn't Fergie insist on matching all highest earners at United? 

There certainly was a time when SAF demanded that, quite rightly in my eyes

11 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

You can't state anything with "100 per cent certainty" unless you know it as a fact that he hasn't. Do you know that as a fact?

I can state with 100% certainty that you cannot state anything with 100% certainty - well not on OTIB you can't,

On 21 January 2016 at 19:54, arpaul said:

David Moyes was interviewed before Pulis was appointed. He was PNE manager at the time, and when City approached him he delayed a flight to America just to speak with City.

By all accounts, he was prepared to leave Preston because of his affection for Bristol City. 

When the board reconvened to discuss Pulis/Mr Moyes the board was split. In the interests of a united board, the then Chairman had the deciding vote and went with Pulis.

Mr Moyes went to Everton, and the rest, as they say, is history.

Maybe this could be the reason why Mr Moyes has an issue?

Just to point out before more blame goes to lansdown

the above story is correct 100% and the chairman at the time did opt for pulis and that chairman was john laycock not Steve lansdown who was just a board member at that time

22 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Just to point out before more blame goes to lansdown

the above story is correct 100% and the chairman at the time did opt for pulis and that chairman was john laycock not Steve lansdown who was just a board member at that time

Incorrect.

Scott Davidson was Chairman.

He, Bob Neill and John Clapp were Pro Moyes While Steve Lansdown, Laycock and Archie Gooch (I believe) were pro Pulis

Scott Davidson relented to keep a happy board!

1 hour ago, arpaul said:

Incorrect.

Scott Davidson was Chairman.

He, Bob Neill and John Clapp were Pro Moyes While Steve Lansdown, Laycock and Archie Gooch (I believe) were pro Pulis

Scott Davidson relented to keep a happy board!

Correct.

Also seem to remember PNE refused permission for us to talk to Moyes?

I've never heard so much crap in all me life.

It's common knowledge that 'Dave' came second to Little Lee in the final round of interviews for the Head Coach position at BCFC.

He's absolutely gutted to have been unsuccessful, and has vowed to become a better person, so he stands a better chance to attain 'his dream job' one day in the future.

As such, he is too upset to take another job, and needs time out.

Leave the lad alone.

:bruce_h4h:

Uncle TFR

Archived