IGNORED

Nicky Maynard

Negan

No don't worry, this isn't a rumour that he's coming back to us!

As usual when your bored your mind wonders, mine got me thinking about when Nicky Maynard got injured during pre season, this was quite a while ago now so forgive me if I am wrong, but didn't he get injured whilst skiing? Really done some bad damage to his knee. I can remember at the time thinking, how can the club allow such a prize asset to be doing such a thing with a risk of injury. Since then I cant remember one of our players getting injured outside of football. When they do it's always in a game or training. So have we now clamped down on these sort of activities during the summer break. I know that these sort of things are rare but just wondering. From a players point of view though I'd imagine that, it would be quite annoying.

3 minutes ago, Just Brett said:

No don't worry, this isn't a rumour that he's coming back to us!

As usual when your bored your mind wonders, mine got me thinking about when Nicky Maynard got injured during pre season, this was quite a while ago now so forgive me if I am wrong, but didn't he get injured whilst skiing? Really done some bad damage to his knee. I can remember at the time thinking, how can the club allow such a prize asset to be doing such a thing with a risk of injury. Since then I cant remember one of our players getting injured outside of football. When they do it's always in a game or training. So have we now clamped down on these sort of activities during the summer break. I know that these sort of things are rare but just wondering. From a players point of view though I'd imagine that, it would be quite annoying.

Lee Peacock once fell off a bar stool and did his shoulder - apparently Wilson still wanted to play him.  I can't remember many others, I don't think we've clamped down really but would have thought all risky and unnecessary activities would be very frowned upon all along.

7 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Rio Ferdinand injured knee ligaments as a repetitive strain injury by resting his legs on his coffee table whilst watching TV.

Off topic but did you see Rio's epic tweet recently?! Something along the lines of: 

'For all you Chelsea fans who are wondering who this Ranieri chap is who is doing so well at Leicester, he was manager of your club before you started supporting them...'

3 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Perhaps it was the same gun that shot Bas Savage when through on goal!

Unfortunately that was all Baz's own work - he didn;t need outside help!

Archived