IGNORED

Scott Golbourne - signing now confirmed

WayOutWest

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Pretty sure he went for £250k and think that he's out of contract this summer so worth nothing to Wolves next week if he doesn't move on or re-sign for them.

Ah, I stand corrected.

Still a bargain to me though; has always felt like a 'one that got away' in terms of home-grown talent, so would be pleased to see him return.

18 minutes ago, ten minutes of rough said:

That's nothing, I sold a cooker to Keith Fear's mum, and Keith was there too (SWEB on the Centre)

Top that smart ass :yawn: 

15 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

i failed brian tinnions missus vw on mot 3 or 4 years ago

Thats nothin'...I met the whole team in a bar called Chaplains on Fairfax Street. ;)... Tommy Hutchinson, Keith Curle and Rob Newman were particularly boisterous.

Always saw him as having high potential when he was here previously but has since played most of his football at league one level. Having been around a Reading squad in the prem must have had some effect but since then hasn't played above lower half of the Championship. Not sure I would quite class him as established Championship quality but hope he can be with us.

I think I will sit on the fence with my expectations but I hope he becomes a world beater with us.

2 minutes ago, shelts said:

More players in can only mean Pembo has the job till the end of the season. 

I wish people would stop saying that. It may mean that but equally it may not mean that. It might simply be that they want to be playing or even possibly that they have been told who the new man is/will be and want to join.

5 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Always saw him as having high potential when he was here previously but has since played most of his football at league one level. Having been around a Reading squad in the prem must have had some effect but since then hasn't played above lower half of the Championship. Not sure I would quite class him as established Championship quality but hope he can be with us.

I think I will sit on the fence with my expectations but I hope he becomes a world beater with us.

Think that's a fair comment, since leaving us ten years ago he has played 2 seasons of Championship football with Barnsley and 2 with Wolves, the rest (2 appearances for Reading aside) was at a lower level.

At 27 he should be at his peak and so like you I'll give this move a cautious welcome.

It does make me wonder what it means for Derrick Williams, though, not even on the bench at Leeds last Saturday, with Joe Bryan also on our books he looks surplus to requirements.

47 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Keep Williams as a centreback that is his original position, gotta be better than El Abd who has no future here.

I accept that.

The other issue of course is Baker & Pearce are only with us on loan and may not stay, Williams is only 23 & I still think he has a future with us.

1 hour ago, havanatopia said:

Thats nothin'...I met the whole team in a bar called Chaplains on Fairfax Street. ;)... Tommy Hutchinson, Keith Curle and Rob Newman were particularly boisterous.

That's nothing. I had a sing song with the 1970s promotion team at Platform One after an away win and I sat next to Alan Dicks in the barbers a year ago. 

Archived