IGNORED

Scott Golbourne - signing now confirmed

WayOutWest

52 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

None of us have any idea how it will work out, but you certainly get the impression that this really is his club and he is genuinely pleased to be back.

In an era like today (when Adebayor says he has to google his new team, FFS) that is a huge thing.

Best of luck Scott.

Absolutely.

In Tomlin we've signed someone with a reputation for quality & fight too, & now a lad who you get the impression genuinely has the club at heart.

Really positive week on the transfer front.

5 hours ago, TRL said:

its like Roy Chubby Brown, not particularly funny at the time, less so when repeated once.  Mind numbingly painful watching people post in in every transfer thread.

I could only see her arm in the image so it seemed relevant. Sorry to cause such offence.

Might be the one signing who does not need a hotel, as it goes.

3 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Without sounding stupid, I don't remember anything of him back from 10 years ago and haven't really followed or heard of him since. This is a good signing then?

It' s a disaster  mate . we've just bought one of our  Academy products ! 

He can't have been any good or else we would have kept him .

What a question ? :disapointed2se:

Just seen his interview and he comes over really well. When he was here as a youngster he was very raw and obviously inexperienced and he was gone before he had the time to develop his game. I'm sure we'll see the best of him now especially as he wants to be here. 

5 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

It' s a disaster  mate . we've just bought one of our  Academy products ! 

He can't have been any good or else we would have kept him .

What a question ? :disapointed2se:

Ha, Del-Boy buying his merchandise back. Had a look on the Wolves forums, they are happy to get rid of him. Will have to see come Saturday!

19 minutes ago, HomerRed said:

I could only see her arm in the image so it seemed relevant. Sorry to cause such offence.

Might be the one signing who does not need a hotel, as it goes.

I take no offence at it.  But I liken it to hearing the why did the chicken cross the road joke on repeat for 4 or 5 years.

Just now, OddBallJim said:

Where has the time gone? Seems only yesterday he was here. Welcome back Scott. Happy memories from that era of watching City, even if perenially underachieving. Hoping for the good times to return.

That's because he was - signing his new contract....

57 minutes ago, BCFC Jordan said:

This is a signing that should have happened back in the summer when we made the baffling decision to let Greg leave.

Nice to have a lad that has a real affection for the club joining. Wish you well, Scott.

Why baffling? At the time, an average conventional 442 fullback in a 352 squad. 

Archived