IGNORED

Lansdown on Warnock

Marina's Rolls Royce

At the end of last season, I posted a thread about SC and some ( not all) of his comments about Swindon. I stated that I would be shocked if BCFC bought any of the STFC players- source: SC. We never did buy any of their team but did give them Adam El-Abd. Nuff said.

A few years back I was at a evening function at Bristol Zoo and was sitting with SL & Maggie. We had a brief chat about Warnock who had once called BCFC a cheating club and SL (somewhat surprisingly and perhaps in an off guarded moment) made it quite clear that Warnock was most definitely not a character he 'admired' ( yes, I'm paraphrasing here).

So, I think it's most likely that talk of this odious man coming to BS3 is more wide of the mark than Baz Savage and in this matter, at least, I am truly thankful.

That is all.

IMO, if SL wanted Warnock he would have appointed him last week. He's unemployed, as a manager, and a short-term contract till the end of the season would have been easy to negotiate. No appointment means difficult negotiations are taking place with somebody else, or City are trying to persuade somebody who hasn't applied to come, or Pembo will be here for some time. 

59 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

At the end of last season, I posted a thread about SC and some ( not all) of his comments about Swindon. I stated that I would be shocked if BCFC bought any of the STFC players- source: SC. We never did buy any of their team but did give them Adam El-Abd. Nuff said.

A few years back I was at a evening function at Bristol Zoo and was sitting with SL & Maggie. We had a brief chat about Warnock who had once called BCFC a cheating club and SL (somewhat surprisingly and perhaps in an off guarded moment) made it quite clear that Warnock was most definitely not a character he 'admired' ( yes, I'm paraphrasing here).

So, I think it's most likely that talk of this odious man coming to BS3 is more wide of the mark than Baz Savage and in this matter, at least, I am truly thankful.

That is all.

Yeh but Warnock called Blackburn's El Hadji Diouf a 'sewer rat' and 'despicable human being' when he was QPR manager and then signed him a year later for Leeds.

Opinions change very quickly in football and appointments/signings are made with current circumstances in mind rather than personal feelings...

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Just talk to Joey Barton about Burnely !

People can and do change their minds in different circumstances

Joey Barton is a loud-mouth moron who needed a club, though. Not quite the mirror of SL.

2 hours ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

Perhaps SL should not let personal grievances get in the way of what is best for the football club 

You mean picking a manager he can work with? Not that he'll have to worry, since Colin wouldn't be best for the football club anyway!

5 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yeh but Warnock called Blackburn's El Hadji Diouf a 'sewer rat' and 'despicable human being' when he was QPR manager and then signed him a year later for Leeds.

Opinions change very quickly in football and appointments/signings are made with current circumstances in mind rather than personal feelings...

Yep but I guess Lansdown has integrity and moral fibre whereas Colin doesn't.

4 hours ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

Perhaps SL should not let personal grievances get in the way of what is best for the football club 

You're not catching me on this one - you naughty boy.

On 22 January 2016 at 17:17, BS4 on Tour... said:

How do you know Neil doesn't have integrity or moral fibre? Have you met him? Do you know him personally? Or are you going by his public persona as portrayed by the media?

judging by your own quote from Colin- I think you may have answered your own question.

On ‎22‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 15:39, Robin1988 said:

Because there are better managers we could attract who would hang around longer and be less abrasive.

Since when has hanging around a long time been a requirement to be a Bristol City manager.

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

judging by your own quote from Colin- I think you may have answered your own question.

You mean the one about 'despicable human being'? Well Diouf abused Jamie Mackie who was laid out with a broken leg on the pitch...so I agree with Neil's assessment of him...

None of that suggests Neil has no moral fibre etc...

35 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You mean the one about 'despicable human being'? Well Diouf abused Jamie Mackie who was laid out with a broken leg on the pitch...so I agree with Neil's assessment of him...

Yeah but the fact he signed him not long afterwards raises questions...

That not withstanding I think he could do a job for us on a short term basis but I worry about his age/hunger etc.

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yeah but the fact he signed him not long afterwards raises questions...

That not withstanding I think he could do a job for us on a short term basis but I worry about his age/hunger etc.

You're correct Sir, but what I was trying to say was that the public persona Warnock extends is essentially an act, as I said he is renowned for protecting his players by being deliberately outrageous with the media to keep their attention on him and not his players. 

He is a winner and will do anything to get results for his club, even if it means signing a 'sewer rat' who is a 'despicable human being.'

I was just questioning the personal abuse people were giving him on here, away from the game, people who have met him suggest he is a really nice, decent guy. So I was questioning how people who haven't met him can claim he has 'no integrity' etc.

But, all that aside, Lansdown should call him up and just get him in to keep us up, short term deal with a big bonus when he succeeds. He would stop us conceding goals in a heartbeat and would get everyone fighting hard for the cause and the ultimate aim....

Warnock has no moral fibre, not when it comes to football anyway. Forget his disgraceful comments after the goal that never was, the behaviour of him, his staff and his team in the games against us is enough to not want him anywhere near my club.

lets not forget Puncheons allegations either: http://www.90min.com/posts/611095-jason-puncheon-launches-scathing-twitter-rant-against-neil-warnock

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I really must suggest that if someone calls a player and  "sewer rat" "despicable human being" then signs said player is lacking in moral fibre- whether I've met them or not but (for the record) I haven't and thankfully I can't see any imminent danger of that situation deteriorating.

Archived