IGNORED

Owner indicates Pembo to stay

iamsober

Steve lansdown has only like two tweets recent days and they are both about how pembo sold the club to Pearce and about his build up to Leeds game. To me this indicates the owner is happy to continue with him for the foreseeable under maybe the man he really wants is available in the summer 

No problem with that he's bringing in much needed new players has changed the formation we will see tomorrow if that will bring about a sustained change in results and the players know and seem to like him.

Much better than rushing in a new appointment before proper consideration in my opinion

22 minutes ago, iamsober said:

Steve lansdown has only like two tweets recent days and they are both about how pembo sold the club to Pearce and about his build up to Leeds game. To me this indicates the owner is happy to continue with him for the foreseeable under maybe the man he really wants is available in the summer 

I'm not sure I see that as indication of anything other than Lansdown's appreciation for Pemberton taking on the interim role but I certainly have no issue with Pemberton staying in role until the right person becomes available.  

25 minutes ago, iamsober said:

That's called stalking I think :thumbsup:

22 minutes ago, iamsober said:

Today at Senior Reds there was ( as you might expect) a lengthy discussion on our table about who the next manager will be.

Some thought that Pemberton might well stay until the end of season and depending on where City finish would be favororite should City stay up.

However some others agreed that now is the time for the board to show us fans how committed they are to SL's plan and appoint a manager with a proven track record. A "name" in other words and get away from appointing a number 2 as the manager.

All very interesting......

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Today at Senior Reds there was ( as you might expect) a lengthy discussion on our table about who the next manager will be.

Some thought that Pemberton might well stay until the end of season and depending on where City finish would be favororite should City stay up.

However some others agreed that now is the time for the board to show us fans how committed they are to SL's plan and appoint a manager with a proven track record. A "name" in other words and get away from appointing a number 2 as the manager.

Interesting indeed.  Without any of the facts, it does seem to me that if we do the latter we might just do it in time for said manager to miss the window altogether.  Unless we move quickly from here.

If they have a shortish shortlist, then surely they would be looking at appointing within the next few days.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

If we do appoint a "name" it would be exactly what we need,we need to raise the profile of the club,Moysey (how ever unlikely)for example would raise the profile ten fold.

I think that much will depend on results in the next two games....co-including with the end of the window.  We are either gonna look like we are on the up, in which case Pembo and Wade will continue to the end if the season (in theory), or we lose both and doubts creep in and therefore a new man will be brought in.

SL is trusting the 'management team' if Pembo, Wade, Burt and Ashton to bring in players to give us a squad to work with before the window closes.

This gives Pembo and Wade the tools, short term to get us out of trouble.  Should they fail, a new man will still have a better squad than Cotts had, and depending how soon / late they are brought in will have an option to use a Emergency Loans and their only option.

I think we have to hope that Pembo / Wade bring us points so that we don't leave their replacement needing a miracle.

I think we'll know how we fair after Brum next weekend.

Unless they are doing a deal behind the scenes.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think that much will depend on results in the next two games....co-including with the end of the window.  We are either gonna look like we are on the up, in which case Pembo and Wade will continue to the end if the season (in theory), or we lose both and doubts creep in and therefore a new man will be brought in.

SL is trusting the 'management team' if Pembo, Wade, Burt and Ashton to bring in players to give us a squad to work with before the window closes.

This gives Pembo and Wade the tools, short term to get us out of trouble.  Should they fail, a new man will still have a better squad than Cotts had, and depending how soon / late they are brought in will have an option to use a Emergency Loans and their only option.

I think we have to hope that Pembo / Wade bring us points so that we don't leave their replacement needing a miracle.

I think we'll know how we fair after Brum next weekend.

Unless they are doing a deal behind the scenes.

I do hope your wrong but have a feeling you're right,no manager worth their salt is going to walk in now and expect not to make their own signings 

7 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

perhaps they have sorted it already but giving it two weeks grace to appear to be following interview procedure (unlike previously) and out of respect for SC? 

I can't imagine that's the case at all. Sensitivity is not something we'd associate with the football world ( or any other cut throat business either) 

Something else that came up in discussion at Senior Reds today was the fact Pemberton mentioned in his pre match interviews that he'd selected 3 academy graduates. Question was - why did he mention that? Was it a jibe at SC or pointing out that he was complying with the owners wishes to develop our own players?

Btw - Amy Kingston from the Community Trust was the speaker. She was very inspirational and obviously well into her job.

1 hour ago, NOTBLUE said:

If we do appoint a "name" it would be exactly what we need,we need to raise the profile of the club,Moysey (how ever unlikely)for example would raise the profile ten fold.

What happened last time we appointed "a name", wasn't that supposed to be Steve Coppell?

I like Pembo & Wadey but if they are given the job until the end of the season it just shows a complete lack of ambition by the club. If Cotts time was up, which of course is open to debate, what sense does it make employing his assistant? For me, I loved Cotts & will be forever grateful for the best season I have witnessed as a City fan but I felt his time was up & he had to go. I would not have expected our double winning manager to then be sacked & replaced by his assistant though. Anyone can see we NEED a proven & experienced manager/head coach now.

50 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

What happened last time we appointed "a name", wasn't that supposed to be Steve Coppell?

He already had a previous history for walking away,at Man City,so not a good example IMO,

Archived