IGNORED

Great City freekick takers

Slack Bladder

1 hour ago, Fodbarmyarmy said:

I think that's all of em .....except maybe Biff....He could hit a FK when he wanted......oh and old bites yer legs of course....

Great night in Swansea with Super Bob taking the plaudits for a hatrick, Biff getting a well worked free kick goal !

19 minutes ago, Big C said:

Jimmy Mann! I know it wasn't a free kick but my fondest goal is him blasting it past Shiltom from close to 40 yards 

He could strike a ball mind, hated playing Forest rarely beat them at that time however well we played.

For me no one comes close to Walshy , didn't he get two crackers  on a Boxing day Vs Plymuff ??

7 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Great night in Swansea with Super Bob taking the plaudits for a hatrick, Biff getting a well worked free kick goal !

He could strike a ball mind, hated playing Forest rarely beat them at that time however well we played.

For me no one comes close to Walshy , didn't he get two crackers  on a Boxing day Vs Plymuff ??

Always a buzz when Walshy stood over the ball. 

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Boxing Day versus Millwall. Not sure of the year though. Think we might have drawn 2-2. 

Lets do some research to see how good my memory is...

I can remember a boxing day 4-0 (I think) win against Millwall.  Somebody had a bugle and played the Last Post when the fourth went in.  Can't remember scorers though!

4 minutes ago, Nibor said:

I can remember a boxing day 4-0 (I think) win against Millwall.  Somebody had a bugle and played the Last Post when the fourth went in.  Can't remember scorers though!

4-1

cramb, Edwards, tinnion & Taylor

was definitely a tinnion free kick in front of the atyeo, slightly right of centre to the top right. 

24 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Tinnion took lots of free kicks but did he actually score any?

Bell was excellent, remember him getting two in one match against Plymouth from nearly the same place on the pitch.

Barnard and Walsh also stick in the memory.

Not many, that one against Cambridge thou...

31 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Bell was excellent, remember him getting two in one match against Plymouth from nearly the same place on the pitch.

Barnard and Walsh also stick in the memory.

Tinman scored quite a famous one v Charlton in Fa cup, the year we beat liverpool

26 minutes ago, Show Me The Money! said:

Anyone remember Iain Ferguson?

Yes, only mentioned him to @Clevedon_Red today.  Remember him, Super Bob, Gavin and Smith tearing Fulham apart on a Easter Monday (I think)....5-1?  Classy striker on loan from Scotland.

3 minutes ago, Show Me The Money! said:

Anyone remember Iain Ferguson?

No, never heard of him :P

37 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Bell was excellent, remember him getting two in one match against Plymouth from nearly the same place on the pitch

Tins hit a cracker in the cup v Charlton...... 5th round I think

Remember a beauty from Bell away at Colchester when came back from 3_1 to win ....

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, only mentioned him to @Clevedon_Red today.  Remember him, Super Bob, Gavin and Smith tearing Fulham apart on a Easter Monday (I think)....5-1?  Classy striker on loan from Scotland.

No, never heard of him :P

Phew, knew his surname was Ferguson but wasn't sure of his first name. Think he was on loan from Dundee Utd. Sure I can remember seeing him score a bullet free kick one time

Not quite a free kick but a corner taken by Irish international Dermot Curtis which he curled straight into,the net at The East End.

He scored a hat trick that day and most of us were gutted as we knew England scouts were there watching Atyeo

Curtis went on to play for Ipswich

The ones that stand out in my mind:

Walsh at home v Blackpool at the open end - keeper didn't even move.

Newman at the same end (v Chester I think) in gale-force winds. From what I remember there were only about 14 away fans stood on the open end in horrible conditions.

Bell's double v Plymouth and Tinman v Cambridge have already been mentioned.

Archived