IGNORED

Gilbey?

RightUpInCider

9 minutes ago, Just Brett said:

Gilbey is out of contract in the summer. They won't get him to sign another and they know that. That's why Keen has come out and said he is good enough for the prem in a few years. I'm with our club 100% on the money being offered. To pay anything more than 500k for him would be stupid. We can get him on the free in a few months, granted we'll have to pay tribunal but Colchester know that it won't be much. This will be a late deadline day signing. Along with a striker (hopefully) 

Hadn't realised that, and being the case; completely agree.

Not a fan of managers/chairman taking to the papers to bump the price of players in those situations; if they want to play hardball over their talent, at least be like the Peterborough chairman and put your money where your mouth is and put players on long contracts, otherwise you get what you get.

Wonder if Colchester may end up more receptive to bids now they've got dumped out the cup; no tasty 5th round tie mean no extra money, so may cash in on this lad.

43 minutes ago, Just Brett said:

Gilbey is out of contract in the summer. They won't get him to sign another and they know that. That's why Keen has come out and said he is good enough for the prem in a few years. I'm with our club 100% on the money being offered. To pay anything more than 500k for him would be stupid. We can get him on the free in a few months, granted we'll have to pay tribunal but Colchester know that it won't be much. This will be a late deadline day signing. Along with a striker (hopefully) 

Surely if he's that good, obtaining him in the summer won't be that straight forward? 

I think it was possibly a case of the lad wanting to play against Spurs so Colchester thought may as well posture. I'd be surprised if we don't land him this window. 

Taped the Spurs game as I can't say I've noticed much of Gilbey

Accepting that he was playing against a very good Spurs side I have to say he didn't look any better than his teammates 

He looked 'OK' to me nothing more

Unfair to judge on one performance against a Prem team, and still young but heard Keen on radio on Friday talking about him being the next Adele Ali :o

Cant see that !

Not sure I'd not rather have a punt in Sercombe at Oxford 

Anyone seen much of Gilbey and able  to give a more accurate report ?

56 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Accepting that he was playing against a very good Spurs side I have to say he didn't look any better than his teammates 

Unfair to judge on one performance against a Prem team, and still young but heard Keen on radio on Friday talking about him being the next Adele Ali :o

Cant see that !

Adele Ali - sings as he puts the ball in the net!

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Cant see that !

Someone like you should know better than to get his name wrong!

29 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I thought it was funnier that you 'taped' the match - Betamax?!

I still say that too, you can't beat the old video recorders! Size of a suitcase!

:D

now you've pointed that out made me laugh too

Should have accepted modern technology and stated 'recorded on the hard drive' (I still have an original sky box !! - so can't even say 'sky plussed it' !!! :D )

So 'taped it' not that far off !! ;)

Archived