IGNORED

Dear Mr. Ashton

old_eastender

Get your finger out and get a proper new manager installed ASAP, whilst there are still a few days left on the transfer window.

Pembo was never going to be the answer, he has been part of the problem this season as Cotts assistant unable to coach out schoolboy defensive errors and woeful finishing.

We are going down without URGENT action.

2 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Get your finger out and get a proper new manager installed ASAP, whilst there are still a few days left on the transfer window.

Pembo was never going to be the answer, he has been part of the problem this season as Cotts assistant unable to coach out schoolboy defensive errors and woeful finishing.

hear hear........sort it out sir steve

Think this is the issue, we had a great manager with a long term vision in line with the club's ambition and we sacked him in a short term panic.  Suddenly realising that the best available manager who would realistically come is Steve Cotterill.  

Ashton said he wanted Pemberton to "give him a headache" r.e the managerial appointment. Well your headache is here tonight and the hangover will continue tomorrow when you realise you cannot fob off the fans with an 'until end of the season' appointment of Pemberton.

Sort it out.

13 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

100% AGREE pay now or pay even more next season in a half empty ground.

And who is it exactly that is going to be this miracle maker manager that Mr Ashton needs to appoint asap?

Unfortunately the damage has been done by not strengthening the squad at the summer, in fact we weakened the squad.

A new manager is going to struggle to undo that mess in a January window where clubs won't sell there best players or even if they accept bids players will be reluctant come to us with us being in a relegation scrap.

3 minutes ago, Show Me The Money! said:

And who is it exactly that is going to be this miracle maker manager that Mr Ashton needs to appoint asap?

Unfortunately the damage has been done by not strengthening the squad at the summer, in fact we weakened the squad.

A new manager is going to struggle to undo that mess in a January window where clubs won't sell there best players or even if they accept bids players will be reluctant come to us with us being in a relegation scrap.

Spot on,as good as cotts was last season his summer recruiting was in all honesty a shambles,we are left in a horrible situation 

2 minutes ago, Show Me The Money! said:

Isnt that what hes paid sh1te loads for I`d have a list as long as my arm if I was in his position and a selection would be made within days....he`s had over a week and it seems the cheap option has been already selected and we are to run with it.

We seem to have an awful lot of people involved in all aspects of our Club, this seems to me to result in all decisions taking too long, or with regard to permanent signings nothing happening at all.

On Monday Mr Ashton said he would take his time, there is an expression "he who hesitates has lost", is this now our Club motto.

12 minutes ago, Chappers said:

Dear Mr Ashton, we have beaten the League leaders, lost narrowly in a tough away game, so please panic, as a "proper" manager would have won both games, will beat Brum and win every game this season.

Its the performance and manner of the defeat that matters just as much. 

3 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Already too late to get a new manager in. We have no chance of signing the goal scorer(s) we need to survive so whoever they bring in will struggle, whatever their reputation. It was a massive amateur mistake to wait until mid-January to sack the manager. Either do it in November or not at all. Clueless.

Yes not the best timing, but what state would we be in if they hadn't acted and Cotts had not brought any new signings?

6 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Isnt that what hes paid sh1te loads for I`d have a list as long as my arm if I was in his position and a selection would be made within days....he`s had over a week and it seems the cheap option has been already selected and we are to run with it.

I'm saying we should or we shouldn't get a new manager in. What I'm saying is that whoever takes the role on is going to have tough job keeping us up if we can't get the new players we need.

2 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Yes not the best timing, but what state would we be in if they hadn't acted and Cotts had not brought any new signings?

My point really is that they should have done it earlier. Having no manager at all however can't be helping us to sign players, Was Cotts really the reason people wouldn't sign and even if he was surely as a player you would rather know who you are signing for than have no clue whether a new man is about to arrive who won't play you.

9 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

I'm saying we should or we shouldn't get a new manager in. What I'm saying is that whoever takes the role on is going to have tough job keeping us up if we can't get the new players we need.

7 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Go on then Glos

Who would be top of your list

Need to tick

1) Available

2) Realistic

3) Willing to come

14 minutes ago, Show Me The Money! said:

They've already had over a bloody week, surely we have a plan by now?!

1 minute ago, robin_unreliant said:

My point really is that they should have done it earlier. Having no manager at all however can't be helping us to sign players, Was Cotts really the reason people wouldn't sign and even if he was surely as a player you would rather know who you are signing for than have no clue whether a new man is about to arrive who won't play you.

Yes, but I think that it wasn't just that the players didn't want to sign but that he was being too selective and dismissing other viable options, plus not paying the wages, which left us with nobody. It's a difficult time, I just hope they've got a new manager/coach by Monday/Tuesday

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Go on then Glos

Need to tick

1) Available

2) Realistic

3) Willing to come

How the hell should I know, I am not employed by the club, in fact they are probably employed by me as I pay them quite often......but not as often as I did.

7 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Is it just me or have we got 3 points from two league games? 1.5ppg.  

That's considerably more than we managed under Cotts this season. In fact I think if we maintained that we'd end up staying up!

But if we lose to an in-form Birmingham next week, which let's face it wouldn't be a surprise, it is 1.0 per game which is not too clever and unlikely to push us up the table.

3 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

How the hell should I know, I am not employed by the club, in fact they are probably employed by me as I pay them quite often......but not as often as I did.

What I'm trying to point out is that although I would like to see us appoint ASAP it would be disastrous to make a poor appointment just because they are available and interested

IMHO most of the suggestions on here are completely unrealistic and won't come either because of our current status or because they will want full control

Like you, especially if I consider what they would see as the 'right fit' I'm struggling to make a decent suggestion which is why you won't see me demand an appointment this weekThe hideous mistake by our board (Again) was sacking SC without a replacement lined up

But then they'd got themselves in a corner by not being brave enough to change weeks / months earlier which was anothe massive mistake (IMO)

TBH I'm no longer convinced that Pearson if he was appointed Monday could get us firing without a few quality signings , which if I'm honest I just can't see now :(

Sighhhhhhhh

Firstly, I was not there today and only get to games in the SE. However, a reality check is required.

If securing a high quality manager who is able to catapult us up the league in consecutive games is so easy I am sure we could all be Chief Execs. Do you not think that the Board understand the ramifications of relegation, do you think they are offered posts at the FC witn the expectation to fail??

The laughable comments/threats of playing in an half empty stadium!! Do you not think that eventuality is not already recognised by the Board? As for the comment regarding the fine work that was being carried out out by O'Driscoll leading to the appointment of Cotterill; were you complaining about winning the league and the JPT under the stewardship of SC??

the Club accounts were released last week demonstrating more losses that will be swallowed up by our much maligned owner. Further demonstrating his long term commitment to BCFC. However, some conspiracy theorists would have you believe it is through his poor decision making that we are not in the EPL. 

We are a FC that will continue to only gate 15-17k crowds in Championship, unless we are challenging for promotion. And that figure is generous. To attract good Young Engish players we need to demonstrate that we are not a yo-yo club, but that we are ambitious and well run; Reading are a good blue print to follow. That should allow the crowds to come and the income stream that allows will allow us to pay higher wages.

For me the priority is to stay in this league. Secondly, hold off appointing the new manager until the summer, providing a clear blueprint of financial clout and show young players we are a good place to develop and get game time.

That is all really, tough times at the Club, but the season is not over yet.

See you at Charlton.

6 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

But if we lose to an in-form Birmingham next week, which let's face it wouldn't be a surprise, it is 1.0 per game which is not too clever and unlikely to push us up the table.

Agreed, just don't think a knee jerk reaction to a 1-0 away defeat is going to solve anything. It's a tough league and we're short on confidence and quality regardless of who the manager is. 

Its like people expect us to be comfortably winning every game now we've changed manager, when we've been in a relegation fight all season. A draw today would have been an excellent result, a defeat is disappointing but we're the shoe on the other foot and club fortunes reversed, we'd have expected to win that game as the home side in better form. 

One goal conceded in 180 mins of league football is an improvement, and that from an unfortunate individual error, not because we were carved open time and time again as so often was the case under SC. 

Since Monday we have heard no communication from our Club over the managerial situation. So this is leaving the fans confused and I am sure it does not help when trying to sign new players.

The transfer window closes in about 9 days, I think some clarity would help everyone. 

The last time we were relegated SL said that he was disappointed that we went down without a.fight, well this time his management team seems to be repeating that process. 

I wonder who will be put up for calls on the Twentyman radio show on Monday.

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Go on then Glos

Need to tick

1) Available

2) Realistic

3) Willing to come

I can tick the first and last box. In City's circumstances, 2 out of 3 isn't bad. 

1 hour ago, old_eastender said:

1 hour ago, JM91 said:

Think this is the issue, we had a great manager with a long term vision in line with the club's ambition and we sacked him in a short term panic.  Suddenly realising that the best available manager who would realistically come is Steve Cotterill.  

And the solution … lets panic again three games after SC has moved on. 

And pull a credible Manager out of the hat ( don't forget a generous helping of fairy  of dust) who actually wants the job. 

Archived