2) Realistic

3) Willing to come

Not top of my list, but..

1 = Colin..

2 = Colin....

3 = Colin.......

giphy.gif

26 minutes ago, Dave said:

Since Monday we have heard no communication from our Club over the managerial situation. So this is leaving the fans confused and I am sure it does not help when trying to sign new players.

The transfer window closes in about 9 days, I think some clarity would help everyone. 

The last time we were relegated SL said that he was disappointed that we went down without a.fight, well this time his management team seems to be repeating that process. 

I wonder who will be put up for calls on the Twentyman radio show on Monday.

Nothing if you exclude another Mark Ashton interview on the "Bristol Sport TV" Youtube feature.

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

What I'm trying to point out is that although I would like to see us appoint ASAP it would be disastrous to make a poor appointment just because they are available and interested

IMHO most of the suggestions on here are completely unrealistic and won't come either because of our current status or because they will want full control

Like you, especially if I consider what they would see as the 'right fit' I'm struggling to make a decent suggestion which is why you won't see me demand an appointment this weekThe hideous mistake by our board (Again) was sacking SC without a replacement lined up

But then they'd got themselves in a corner by not being brave enough to change weeks / months earlier which was anothe massive mistake (IMO)

TBH I'm no longer convinced that Pearson if he was appointed Monday could get us firing without a few quality signings , which if I'm honest I just can't see now :(

Sighhhhhhhh

42 minutes ago, Redrobbin said:

And the solution … lets panic again three games after SC has moved on. 

And pull a credible Manager out of the hat ( don't forget a generous helping of fairy  of dust) who actually wants the job. 

Sc was moved on and he who moved him should have had someone lined up to come in, certainly by now; and to do this in the middle of a transfer window well WTF :grr:    MADNESS even for us

So surely some of the reasons that people wanted SC out was because they wanted the formation changed as it clearly wasn't working and substitutions to happen early enough to affect the game.

Well Pemberton has delivered both of these, beating top of the league last week and losing a game today we should have AT LEAST got a point out of.

No I don't think he is the man for the job in the long term but jeez how high are some of the expectations on here? Too high I fear.

17 minutes ago, desert said:

Steve Clarke is available and good manager at this level and with experience of the level above. In fact is widely considered a top coach.

No thanks.

For me its not the right time for a nice guy like Clarke.

We need a manager for the rest of this season that is going to roll his sleeves up and scream scratch pull hair and f------ fight.

Welcome Colin.

33 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

You think we'd average 9,000 in league 1? We haven't had an average attendance under 10,000 for 16 years. 

To be honest if it weren't for the counting of absent season ticket holders I reckon the true average over the last few months of SODs reign would have been sub 10,000. 

I think, just as then, there could be a fair bit of fan disillusionment and I don't think it's unthinkable. 

14 minutes ago, KingLear said:

So surely some of the reasons that people wanted SC out was because they wanted the formation changed as it clearly wasn't working and substitutions to happen early enough to affect the game.

Well Pemberton has delivered both of these, beating top of the league last week and losing a game today we should have AT LEAST got a point out of.

No I don't think he is the man for the job in the long term but jeez how high are some of the expectations on here? Too high I fear.

Maybe. But we should have got AT LEAST many more points under Cotts.(who also beat 'Boro, on their patch).

So not much changed really and no points for "should haves" unfortunately.

42 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Maybe. But we should have got AT LEAST many more points under Cotts.(who also beat 'Boro, on their patch).

So not much changed really and no points for "should haves" unfortunately.

This is true, we should have got so many more under SC as well.

Lets put a positive spin on it then, I'd rather us be saying 'we should have got this and that' than saying 'we didn't deserved anything from that'.

It shows we're competing and while we're doing that, we have a chance.

4 hours ago, JM91 said:

Think this is the issue, we had a great manager with a long term vision in line with the club's ambition and we sacked him in a short term panic.  Suddenly realising that the best available manager who would realistically come is Steve Cotterill.  

It started going wrong last summer. Not sure sacking him in January is short term.We at least I don't know what really happened in the great transfer disaster but carrying on doing the same thing every week and getting the same results was down to SC. In my opinion the mistake was not sacking SC but not  having a replacement to take over.

Archived