IGNORED

Seems like we're preparing for League 1

Major Isewater

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

With our reported interest in Dack ,Gilbey ,and other top league 1 players does anyone think that Lansdown is preparing for a promotion push from League 1 next season ?

It does n't look like ,unless there are stupifying appointments next week,  that our owner is looking to push on to the Prem .

I certainly believe now that our major moneybags ( same regt as you major ?) believes it is the Rugby premiership not Football

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

Sorry but the unicorn did n't want to relocate to Bristol but we do have some donkeys !

The unicorn was unsure whether it was in the clubs longterm plans due to having no manager or leadership. Didn't want to take the risk of being slaughtered for kebab meat at the end of the season

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

2nd Foot and Mouth ?

excellent regiment, fought at the battle of Eastville, fought to the last or at least when Big John rounded Harry Bamford to seal the attack. Was all mud and dubbin, still talked of in the mess ( or as we know it, the back of the Dolman !)

3 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

The unicorn was unsure whether it was in the clubs longterm plans due to having no manager or leadership. Didn't want to take the risk of being slaughtered for kebab meat at the end of the season

I know I'm taking the p**s a bit tonight with some of the hysterical over-reactions on here. I'm not sure that having a permanent manager will make that much difference, our league position is the bigger factor in my opinion. I just think that the biggest danger is making a rushed and wrong appointment.

Dont order the Unicorned beef hash!

6 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

excellent regiment, fought at the battle of Eastville, fought to the last or at least when Big John rounded Harry Bamford to seal the attack. Was all mud and dubbin, still talked of in the mess ( or as we know it, the back of the Dolman !)

Don't forget the seige of Cumberland Basin  , when we were surrounded by West Ham . They had us outnumbered , 10 to 1 but we did n't bottle .

We armed ourselves with soap from the toilets  and cleaned them out .

Messy business, lucky we had toilet paper to clean up the mess , what ?

29 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

With our reported interest in Dack ,Gilbey ,and other top league 1 players does anyone think that Lansdown is preparing for a promotion push from League 1 next season ?

It does n't look like ,unless there are stupifying appointments next week,  that our owner is looking to push on to the Prem .

What's the point of looking at league 1 players for a promotion push? Get into the championship again and do what? May as well just stick with what we've got or get in some average league oners. With the present regime, League 1 is all this club is capable of.

I think he's definitely preparing for if we go down we need to be in the strongest possible position to go back up. I think he's also hoping for the best with any potential signings that it just gets us to safety and we should in theory have saved a fortune in doing so. Then build properly over the summer with a completed stadium to hopefully get big crowds if we look like pushing up the table and in contention. 

We must have saved ourselves a fortune with the disastrous recruitment this season and how small our squad is over what will be the last 2 seasons. 

Watching back the Leeds highlights from Sky show this season off perfectly. We are not far off being a very good side in this division. 

13 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Sam Clucas, Yasser Kasim, Bradley Dack, Nathan Byrne, Luongo, Gladwin. Any of those being with us since the start of the season would've helped. Instead we went for people like Gayle. 

Indeed. Players of that ilk number 1 would have certainly improved our squad and number 2 and most importantly back in the summer would have all joined as there was a great buzz around the place. But no we go on some sort of mad rampage to sign players for 8 mill, and we now 7 months down the line have some knob calling himself 'operations manager' saying we need sustainability and to produce more home grown talent hahaha. **** right off.

Ive actually got to the point of not caring if we go down now tbh, who gives a fO0k!

1 hour ago, Chappers said:

We have been doing that since August! Still, if we appoint a new manager all will be rosy, we will make a late challenge for play offs and we can do a weekly draw to win a real unicorn

Can I ask how much the tickets are for the unicorn draw?

58 minutes ago, smokey live said:

Im starting to think for my own health and safety I might need rehab to gradually wean me off this club

Luckily I started the wean this season.

It just dawned on me how utterly directionless we are from the top down and with relegation nigh on certain i just couldnt be bothered.

id rather enjoy my weekends with my family then waste all my Saturdays on this steaming pile of ineptitude.

Cue the super fans.

4 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Luckily I started the wean this season.

It just dawned on me how utterly directionless we are from the top down and with relegation nigh on certain i just couldnt be bothered.

id rather enjoy my weekends with my family then waste all my Saturdays on this steaming pile of ineptitude.

Cue the super fans.

I know a few people who stopped going a couple of years ago. Last season I told them they were missing out and should try and get down the gate, but they just told me to enjoy it while it lasts because next season will be like the last time we were in that division. Now they keep telling me they were right

Archived