IGNORED

What's next

Eastred

What's next is back to back wins against Birmingham and Charlton. Kodjia scoring 5 and Pembo signing Messi on loan because he got banned from playing Spanish football for tax avoidance. We stay up and then Pembo is knighted the next year after winning the treble. Fa cup league cup and Championship. 

I'm sorry but this talk of SL selling up & moving on is utter twoddle. Words fail me.

What he has done for BCFC cannot be underestimated. Year after year he underwrites our debts, whilst continually striving  for a business model that is sustainable & affordable.

Yes of course he's made mistakes - but he is a businessman & my guess is his business interests occupy a lot of his time.

This season has gone badly no doubt but SC could not attract the players & thought last years squad could keep us up.

The day SL moves on our club will undoubtedly be losing a man whose heart & soul is devoted to Bristol sport (ok BCFC & the rugby team). 

2 hours ago, Lympsham Red said:

If we stay up this season, then we will push on and be in the Premier League in a couple of seasons. Guaranteed.

I agree with most of your post, but the line above is brave.....

Promotion in a couple of seasons if we stay up?? Guaranteed??!

Is it really 'guaranteed'? How would you know that or come to that conclusion based on our previous recent forays into the championship when we stayed up?

8 hours ago, Lympsham Red said:

This season's failures have been almost purely down to Steve Cotterill's lack of ability to sell the club to our targets, and also down to his inability to recognise young talent in the lower leagues. Steve Lansdown was willing to fork out close to £9m on just ONE player. If that's not investment, I don't know what is. Personally, I feel we failed to make any good signings due to Steve Cotterill's poor reputation as a bit of a cry-baby and a turncoat, combined with a 3-5-2 formation that I don't think many players are that keen on. If we stay up this season, then we will push on and be in the Premier League in a couple of seasons. Guaranteed. Steve Lansdown is not naiive, evil, or whatever else you may think. He loves Bristol City Football Club. He doesn't like the rugby club more than us. It's the other way around. That's why the seats in the South Stand are red, not blue. He doesn't think that relegation is a better option than staying up, because that makes no sense at all. In the Championship, there's more ticket revenue and more TV revenue than in League One. So why would he want to be relegated? It just doesn't hold up to scrutiny. What we need to do is get behind the team, and stop accusing the board of being a bunch of evil villains plotting the club's downfall. Hopefully, we'll get a more competent manager that knows how to build a decent squad at this level.

Do you know this? I was under the belief that we were bottom of this divisions wage structure, and that the players wages were the major factor in top players not wanting to come here that is down to the board and SL not SC.

More bad news is a decent manager costs decent pay.....hence why we are employing the guys already on the pay roll; this is why relegation is a real likelihood and we have just kicked out one of the best managers to get us out of the 1st div.

Talking of failures do you really believe that the middle of a transfer window is the best time to sack a manager? our current position is firmly laid at the boards door no one elses.

Archived