IGNORED

Time to cash in?

Bs4Red

Seen enough of Freeman this year and personally think we should be looking to sell him. Way out of his depth and boring to see the same things every week. Plenty of cover now with Gladwin and Bobby. 

Give us 1.5 million and you can have him.

While I still believe we will stay up, the value of our players are slowly decreasing. I think we could afford to let him go and still have enough cover.

IMO

£1.5 million? From who?

No one has made a bid, so why on earth would you think someone would pay that much for him?

At present we have only two players that other Championship sides would want, Korey Smith and Kodjia.

And to those criticising Kodjia, just have a look at the number of goals the top scorers in the other sides in the bottom five have..

Two things 

Would like to hear from one of the hardy 600 or so who went today to see how LF played - on the brief highlights he appeared involved in most of our chances ?

Secondly if we were to go down wouldn't we in theory want one of our better players last year to help us try and get back up (Bearing in mind we'd be vulnerable to losing KS and JK in the summer if we drop)

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

£1.5 million? From who?

No one has made a bid, so why on earth would you think someone would pay that much for him?

At present we have only two players that other Championship sides would want, Korey Smith and Kodjia.

And to those criticising Kodjia, just have a look at the number of goals the top scorers in the other sides in the bottom five have..

I would never ever sell Kodjia unless it was 5 mil +!! 

Plenty of clubs have been rumoured around freeman but sometimes I think if you offered him out. Some clubs would jump at the chance... Champ or League one

4 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

Seen enough of Freeman this year and personally think we should be looking to sell him. Way out of his depth and boring to see the same things every week. Plenty of cover now with Gladwin and Bobby. 

Give us 1.5 million and you can have him.

While I still believe we will stay up, the value of our players are slowly decreasing. I think we could afford to let him go and still have enough cover.

IMO

I do agree it hasn't been his best season with us, and that he has struggled to an extent in the championship. But however his ball's into the box and corners today were far far superior to Bobby, so I don't see that we have cover for him. Not so easily muscled off the ball either as Bobby is.

2 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

I would never ever sell Kodjia unless it was 5 mil +!! 

Plenty of clubs have been rumoured around freeman but sometimes I think if you offered him out. Some clubs would jump at the chance... Champ or League one

You are deluded if you think we would get 5m + for Kodjia.

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Two things 

Would like to hear from one of the hardy 600 or so who went today to see how LF played - on the brief highlights he appeared involved in most of our chances ?

Secondly if we were to go down wouldn't we in theory want one of our better players last year to help us try and get back up (Bearing in mind we'd be vulnerable to losing KS and JK in the summer if we drop)

I unfortunately missed today but a number of people who went said he was very poor and wasteful again. I agree that going down he would be a better player but that would just begin a viscous circle. Plenty of players out there we could sign right now and swap for Freeman who is someone extremely highly thought of by a lot of clubs. 

3 minutes ago, JM91 said:

Basically, Packs form has upped so the vultures require a new scapegoat.  

over the next 10-15 years Luke Freeman is likelier to peak at a higher point than the club will. 

I've been saying it for the last season and a half. No end product and kills a lot of dangerous attacks with extra touches and wrong decisions. More people are beginning to see this. I would be absolutely shocked if Freeman ever plays Premiership football.

1 minute ago, Bs4Red said:

I unfortunately missed today but a number of people who went said he was very poor and wasteful again. I agree that going down he would be a better player but that would just begin a viscous circle. Plenty of players out there we could sign right now and swap for Freeman who is someone extremely highly thought of by a lot of clubs. 

Okay - not heard / read any comments about him today

On my second point is perhaps put it another way to some posters - IMHO Think you will find it a lot easier to find a buyer for LF than replace him for the money you'd get whatever that is

Even if we got 1.5m we allegedly can't attract Dack for example for that money now whilst we are in Champ !!!

1 minute ago, Shtanley said:

The fact that he's better than Freeman.

Not a chance!!

That's why one of the most successful managers we have had in recent years, publicly stated that if the squad had more depth BR would definitely be out on loan.

6 minutes ago, JM91 said:

Basically, Packs form has upped so the vultures require a new scapegoat.  

over the next 10-15 years Luke Freeman is likelier to peak at a higher point than the club will. 

I'm not a vulture but I'd keep LF over MP every day of every week

Setting aside perceived current form IMHO LF is twice the player MP is

I know who I'd rather plan a L1 campaign next year on , out the two !!!!!

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Okay - not heard / read any comments about him today

On my second point is perhaps put it another way to some posters - IMHO Think you will find it a lot easier to find a buyer for LF than replace him for the money you'd get whatever that is

Even if we got 1.5m we allegedly can't attract Dack for example for that money now whilst we are in Champ !!!

But my point is. If Freeman right now is worth say £2million to some clubs "theoretically" then why wouldn't you cash in on him seeing as he isn't good enough for championship football anyway? So at the end of the season if relegated he would go for 750K or a Million therefore a million pound loss. My point was would it be that bad to cash in when everyone still looks at him like a messiah 

2 minutes ago, bcfcmike said:

Not a chance!!

That's why one of the most successful managers we have had in recent years, publicly stated that if the squad had more depth BR would definitely be out on loan.

He also said "I'm a winner" the day he got sacked for only winning 4 in 28.

3 minutes ago, bcfcmike said:

Not a chance!!

Is that the one that just got sacked?

Archived