IGNORED

Time to cash in?

Bs4Red

1 minute ago, bend it like brian said:

pint of what youve had please sir

I've not been drinking but perhaps others can digest the fact that LF has never scored at AG and has no assists from open play this season. Talk about a creative player :grr: Bobby Reid is the better option right now and anyone disagreeing has to be ignoring Luke Freeman's constant lack of impact upon games. He has 0 end product and ruins attacks countless times. I don't understand how people can't understand why Reid should be starting instead of him. 

1 minute ago, smokey live said:

This is gonna end up a Reid or Freeman thread again. Pathetic. Freeman hasn't been that great this season, but neither have a lot of our players. Lets just moan about everyone shall we. I think people expected to much from him this season. 

The aim of my OP was a question of would it make sense to sell him for 2mil or so when he's still seen as a very good player when next season he would probably decrease in value... 

12 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

I unfortunately missed today but a number of people who went said he was very poor and wasteful again. I agree that going down he would be a better player but that would just begin a viscous circle. Plenty of players out there we could sign right now and swap for Freeman who is someone extremely highly thought of by a lot of clubs. 

You don't like freeman, you keep telling everyone. So even if 100 people said freeman had a good game and 1 person said he was poor you would believe the 1 person. Where are all these players we could sign?

1 minute ago, Bs4Red said:

But my point is. If Freeman right now is worth say £2million to some clubs "theoretically" then why wouldn't you cash in on him seeing as he isn't good enough for championship football anyway? So at the end of the season if relegated he would go for 750K or a Million therefore a million pound loss. My point was would it be that bad to cash in when everyone still looks at him like a messiah 

Accept what you're saying BS4

Not sure it works like that tbh 

If a club valued LF at 2 million now why would his value then become 1 million / 750k at the end of the season ?

and for the purpose of the discussion - if we work on those figures - why would we sell him for 750k / 1 million in summer if that's the case

IMHO cant see relegation has any / much bearing , especially if we arnt in a rush to sell him

What might have more relevance is , am I right his contract runs out at the end of ? Next season ? 

2 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I've not been drinking but perhaps others can digest the fact that LF has never scored at AG and has no assists from open play this season. Talk about a creative player :grr: Bobby Reid is the better option right now and anyone disagreeing has to be ignoring Luke Freeman's constant lack of impact upon games. He has 0 end product and ruins attacks countless times. I don't understand how people can't understand why Reid should be starting instead of him. 

may be not but freeman over reid.....seriously 

2 minutes ago, smokey live said:

You don't like freeman, you keep telling everyone. So even if 100 people said freeman had a good game and 1 person said he was poor you would believe the 1 person. Where are all these players we could sign?

This is the thing, I really like him, he just hasn't lived up to what everyone has said about him. He had the same problems in L1 as he has this year. 

We are a championship club. There are plenty of players out there, Morsy, Roofe, Gilbey ect. We have to go and get these players.

Haven't we only just changed formation and Freeman is now playing in his preferred position, maybe give him a reasonable go there? Also although I didn't go today I did hear on the radio the corners he delivered were good. 

1 minute ago, bend it like brian said:

may be not but freeman over reid.....seriously 

Why should Freeman be starting? What has he done?

4 minutes ago, Port Pete said:

I've read some guff on this forum lately but that's definitely up there. 

Your basing that on a decent loan spell in the basement league where the gas play and some substitute appearances against tiring opposition for us?? 

Cracker. 

I'm basing it off this season clearly, Freeman with no assists from open play no goals. The guy has zero end product? At least Reid can pass the ball when it's the right time. Why does everyone want Freeman to start so much? Explain to me why he should be in the first 11 every week? Cause I honestly don't understand. 

1 minute ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

Last season was awesome but quite frankly irrelevant now, its this season that counts and we are in the mire

Totally agree, but selling one of the better midfield players in a thread bare squad is not going to help.

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Accept what you're saying BS4

Not sure it works like that tbh 

If a club valued LF at 2 million now why would his value then become 1 million / 750k at the end of the season ?

and for the purpose of the discussion - if we work on those figures - why would we sell him for 750k / 1 million in summer if that's the case

IMHO cant see relegation has any / much bearing , especially if we arnt in a rush to sell him

What might have more relevance is , am I right his contract runs out at the end of ? Next season ? 

I'm not sure when his contract runs out, however Freeman feels he is a championship player and I don't think he'd be happy to play in L1 again next year, alongside this wages in L1 would have to be decreased again therefore potentially meaning we might like Freeman to move on as much as he want therefore decreasing his value in that way. I may be wrong but it was a general question. I've said all along I like freeman and want him to succeed but in 18 months he hasn't improved at all in open play unfortunately.

So, this is the Freeman who created our best chances today which should have resulted in him gaining at least 1, maybe even 3 assists. 

I agree he's been poor this year, but playing the advanced midfield role, in my opinion, doesn't play to his strengths and he's looked out of depth. Hopefully now he's switched back to his natural wide left berth, we might see a different Freeman. 

Your critique today is a tad harsh, considering he created enough chances for his team mates to have won the game comfortably. 

7 minutes ago, Port Pete said:

I've read some guff on this forum lately but that's definitely up there. 

Your basing that on a decent loan spell in the basement league where the gas play and some substitute appearances against tiring opposition for us?? 

Cracker. 

Don't argue mate.........he's already told you it's fact :whistle:

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I'm not a vulture but I'd keep LF over MP every day of every week

Setting aside perceived current form IMHO LF is twice the player MP is

I know who I'd rather plan a L1 campaign next year on , out the two !!!!!

That's an interesting comment.  I've been quite praiseworthy of Marlon this season, he's grown into it, but I've always said if you could find a better player to bring in, do it, because he's your 6/10 man.  Sometimes you need the odd 8/10, 9/10.  Marlon will only give you a 7/10, but you just rely on him to keep getting you 6/10.  No harm in that.

I've also said that whilst he performs that shield in front of the back 3 / centre backs, there is a part of me that think tactically that you kept your centre backs win those balls, especially when at least one of the three can drop off.

I've also thought that he gave us that defensive balance to our attacking outlook, certainly early in the season.

What I hadn't really though of until now is what would we like under the new new 433 / 4231 or even 442, if you played Smith with Freeman, or Gladwin, i.e. Players who can take okay a bit more.  Don't worry I accept Freeman might not be the answer, just using it as an example.

I'm no Pack boo boy, but maybe he needs a rest to see what someone else in there might do.  Sometimes it's not obvious, but I think despite what you think of his performances, most of us have just assumed if fit, it's Smith and Pack in the middle.

We need to do whatever it takes to change the position we are in.

21 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Two things 

Would like to hear from one of the hardy 600 or so who went today to see how LF played - on the brief highlights he appeared involved in most of our chances ?

Secondly if we were to go down wouldn't we in theory want one of our better players last year to help us try and get back up (Bearing in mind we'd be vulnerable to losing KS and JK in the summer if we drop)

Been working in Hull the last couple of days and I stayed up here last night as I managed to get hold of a ticket last minute so with lots of hope we might get something from the game I left mid morning to drive the short trip across the M62.

The highlights are pretty spot on, lots of possession and I'm sure if I was bored enough tonight I would read the stats in more depth however like always this season stats don't win us matches. 

Now I like Luke Freeman, last season was excellent. But as we all know it hasn't gone right at all for him this time around. 

Today he was wasteful and frustrating, pretty much like the performance at the end of the day. Just over complicating the simple things .

I for one will be glad to get home shortly as the drive + the game has made me proper depressed!

Freeman is well liked in the media and maybe better bigger clubs than us would want to take him. It might actually be good business to do this during the window as this this season he hasn't been great, stats back it up, I do believe if we go down he will stay in the championship. His fee and wages might well add up to helping us get in a championship class playmaker. 

18 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

The aim of my OP was a question of would it make sense to sell him for 2mil or so when he's still seen as a very good player when next season he would probably decrease in value... 

I think we should keep hold of him, see how he does in the new formation and even if we bring in better players id still keep him as a squad player

5 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Why should Freeman be starting? What has he done?

I'm basing it off this season clearly, Freeman with no assists from open play no goals. The guy has zero end product? At least Reid can pass the ball when it's the right time. Why does everyone want Freeman to start so much? Explain to me why he should be in the first 11 every week? Cause I honestly don't understand. 

Freeman has no god given right to start and I agree the bloke has been under performing. Unfortunately we don't have an adequate alternative. To suggest Reid is a competent replacement is astounding. Reid isn't the answer, far from it. 

Reid has yet to prove himself in league one let alone the Championship. 

This is where the summers transfer activity has let us down, so has January. 

A goalscoring, creative midfielder to take the pressure off of Freeman who's become a scapegoat in the space of 6 months. 

1 minute ago, Port Pete said:

Freeman has no god given right to start and I agree the bloke has been under performing. Unfortunately we don't have an adequate alternative. To suggest Reid is a competent replacement is astounding. Reid isn't the answer, far from it. 

Reid has yet to prove himself in league one let alone the Championship. 

This is where the summers transfer activity has let us down, so has January. 

A goalscoring, creative midfielder to take the pressure off of Freeman who's become a scapegoat in the space of 6 months. 

But when Reid played both games vs Boro because Freeman was out we won? Reid has more assists from open play than Freeman THIS SEASON surely that makes him a competent replacement for Freeman. Whether he's "the answer to our problems I doubt it but he's certainly closer to it than LF. Whether he or Freeman are good enough at this level remains to be seen of course but surely Reid is the better choice if you're looking for someone to play behind Kodjia. 

24 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

All opinions Shtanley and I've only stomached watching the highlights once but didn't LF put in the cross for Flints sitter late on ?

(And Jks header ? First half ?)

Flints is the better example - what more can LF do (setting myself up for a cringe if it wasn't LF !! :laugh: )  than he did 

Various players have fluffed chances that have been created this season !

If Flint butts it as he should it's a cracking assist

Stats can be so misleading especially 'assists'

Wtf constitutes an 'assist' - shouldn't you get an assist if the CF misses an absolute sitter ?!!!!!!! ;)

To be fair to you - His goal return is a stat that is measure able and pretty poor in LFs case

47 minutes ago, bcfcmike said:

Not a chance!!

That's why one of the most successful managers we have had in recent years, publicly stated that if the squad had more depth BR would definitely be out on loan.

Your forgetting, SC isn't a hero anymore so his opinion (despite seeing these players day in day out) is wrong

Archived