IGNORED

Agard

Bristol Rob

Even if we bring another striker in I don't think we should let him go. If reports are to believed we're looking at a target man. It's no good getting rid of Agard and replacing him with a different type of striker. Nope, let's get that target man, then an improvement on Agard and flog him in the summer.

10 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Interest from Celtic, Fulham and Wigan in signing him, according to The Post.

Get shot and hope an alternative becomes available or keep him?

The trouble is he never gets a chance , he needs 10 games in a row , cotts and now pembo cant fancy him . 

23 minutes ago, RedM said:

Well the mention of Fulham will have people shouting for swop deal.

Fulham would have to sell first, and can then only buy at 75% of the sold player.  So a City could do a deal to get Smith at a right price for buying and selling £s to meet criteria.  Agard would be a useful pawn in this deal.  He is only cover at the mo'.  Burns could be the cover for two up top, plus maybe less pressure to get a proven replacement in.

Keep agard a bit longer and start him, our first division team need the confidence lifting, should be him starting and kodja on bench, at least he is likely to net a few more sitters! 

Dont start williams and Bryan together, williams not a team player, takes every opportunity to make Bryan look bad, only passing to him when the ball is near impossible to play!

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Fulham would have to sell first, and can then only buy at 75% of the sold player.  So a City could do a deal to get Smith at a right price for buying and selling £s to meet criteria.  Agard would be a useful pawn in this deal.  He is only cover at the mo'.  Burns could be the cover for two up top, plus maybe less pressure to get a proven replacement in.

I don't think they can spend 75% of any incoming fees, but may well be wrong. 

My reading is there is an absolute ban on paying any fees at all, and then on the player's employment costs (which I would assume to be wages and also maybe pensions, NI etc) they can offer at most 75% of the outgoing players employment costs up to a maximum of £600k.

This could have legs, liked Smith from before a battler and could finish; he`s been before and not getting much game time a Fulham. We may know in an hour, is there not a press con at 5 ?

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, that's what I mean, say Agard £1m, Smith £4, just buy Smith for £3m, say Agard was free and use 75% of Smith's wages (or less) on Agard....or something like that!

But in that case I think they still fall foul.

They are not allowed to pay a fee or compensation for any player. Im not sure that they could argue the discount on Smith is anything but compensation for Agard. If it isn't, what it is? If we artificially value him at £nil, I would guess there'd be non-footballing reasons preventing that. 

Not sure who this "Dan Newman" is that has suddenly started writing for the Post but he seems no better.

Like some of the rubbish he wrote last week, this is clearly just speculation, but surely if Fulham were interested then a swap deal would be possible even if they are under an embargo?

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, that's what I mean, say Agard £1m, Smith £4, just buy Smith for £3m, say Agard was free and use 75% of Smith's wages (or less) on Agard....or something like that!

Smith cost Fulham £800k and can't get in their side, Agard cost us £750k and can't get in ours.

In all seriousness I'd be suggesting a straight swap.

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Smith cost Fulham £800k and can't get in their side, Agard cost us £750k and can't get in ours.

Absolutely sensible. I'd take that. Although we'd still need a striker. 

Hetting rid of players is something we don't really want to be doing. 

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Their £800k striker failing to shift their £11m striker. Good luck, Kieran

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I still struggle with how that could comply with the rules. The trouble I have is the rules ban paying compensation or any fee for a transfer.

If you're swapping a player, even if no money has changed hands and of equal value, there is a value attributable to each transfer and one must in my simple mind be compensation for the other.

Archived