IGNORED

Agard

Bristol Rob

Bearing in mind that Agard is gainfully employed as a professional footballer, I think he's only actually any good when he hasn't got the ball. Chasing, harrying, running into the channels or spaces - that's where he's OK. When he's actually GOT the ball he's rubbish. Most of his goals are deflected or miskicks. 

A swap deal for Mathieu would be a work of genius. 

I would happily sell him for a reasonable price. Rather have a young player like Garita or MCCoulsky on the bench. Don't rate Agard. Sell him and find another striker, if we can't find one it wouldn't be that much of a big deal imo as I wouldn't miss Agard. 

27 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I still struggle with how that could comply with the rules. The trouble I have is the rules ban paying compensation or any fee for a transfer.

If you're swapping a player, even if no money has changed hands and of equal value, there is a value attributable to each transfer and one must in my simple mind be compensation for the other.

But if the deal reduced their wage bill and there was no fee involved would that be acceptable under an embargo?

58 minutes ago, dave36 said:

Keep agard a bit longer and start him, our first division team need the confidence lifting, should be him starting and kodja on bench, at least he is likely to net a few more sitters! 

Dont start williams and Bryan together, williams not a team player, takes every opportunity to make Bryan look bad, only passing to him when the ball is near impossible to play!

What a strange comment. Bryan often makes himself look bad when, instead of making himself available on the line, hides in the middle with no intention to make himself an option.

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

But if the deal reduced their wage bill and there was no fee involved would that be acceptable under an embargo?

I personally don't think so, although I'm not certain I am correct either :) 

I think that there would always be a fee involved, even in a straight swap. The fee in effect always being the other player. If us gaining Smith is not compensation for us selling Agard I don't see what else it can be. If it is that to my mind amounts to us being paid compo for Agard (just not in cash terms) which Fulham are banned from doing, I think that would be irrespective of it being an equal deal. 

I think the way it's worded as paying transfer fee or compensation is designed to catch this sort of deal. 

I expect that Fulham would not want to sell MS to us unless the fee was absolutely ridiculous. We are in a relegation battle with them, and if the wages for MS are already committed for this year, why take the chance of selling him to us to possibly help out our lack of scoring. Fulham are also probably noticing that we have had several players reject us, so the more we struggle to get players, the better for them. Wouldn't surprise me if they agreed to sell him to us at the end of the season no matter what division we are in.

1 hour ago, old_eastender said:

It should be remembered that Agard's best position is playing on the right of a front 3, something that was never an option under Cotts but now is. Personally I'd like to see him start in that role against Brum (presuming Mr. Ashton doesn't start earning his corn and actually brings in some new signings that is).

That is a fair shout.  Would mean Wes missing out, but think Agard should get a chance.

He's pacey, scored some good goals last season, including the opener against Swindon, also impressive in last game against Walsall. We clearly don't have an embarrassment of riches so it's a bit of puzzle as to why he's not had a chance. Lots of players develop given good coaching!

Seems there were lots of posters agitating to get Wes Burns into the team. However very little noise around the lack of chances for KA.

We are desperate for more goals. He did well for Rotherham out wide and while I know that was L1 I can't see why we don't try him wide right in a front 3.

We seem to have jumped straight to WB in the role without trying him there. I agree Wes has done ok since he came in but KA has a track record of scoring from that position. Really think we should try starting him there and using WB as an impact sub in the last half hour.

Archived