IGNORED

Police Patrol On Matchdays

Pickle Rick

I'll make sure I remember to car share in my Toyota Prius on Saturday, park somewhere near Nailsea and then the 4 of us can ride in on our recycled wood pulp fold away bikes then....

That should keep the "Red Trousers Stasi Parking Squad" happy perhaps?

Oh and not being pedantic but they've got the parking at a Junction distance incorrect, it's 10 meters not 15 - my god I need to get a life

Really is getting to be a bit of a joke now, we need the police and council supporting us not always against us. Parking already does my head in on match days how on earth are we going to cope if we are to get these 20k plus attendances . 

What exactly are the club doing to help the situation , we got a great big park and ride thats always at least half empty round the corner i am sure we could utilise it some how if someone from the club would go and do some negotiations. Also we have the park and ride up the end of the portway but no bus goes past the ground surely if we could get them to do a diversion on match days people would use it - well i know i would.

This is a great big joke now.  The stadium has been there for bloody ages - that hasn't changed.  The number of cars being used to ferry fans to the ground probably hasn't changed much either.  What has changed is that residents themselves probably now own twice as many vehicles as they used to.

Why don't they focus on solving the increase in parking and traffic from other causes.

12 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

This is a great big joke now.  The stadium has been there for bloody ages - that hasn't changed.  The number of cars being used to ferry fans to the ground probably hasn't changed much either.  What has changed is that residents themselves probably now own twice as many vehicles as they used to.

Why don't they focus on solving the increase in parking and traffic from other causes.

Because it's too easy!

10 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Parking restrictions (no parking on one side of each road) have been in existence since the 70's. They have pretty well adhered to until this season. Now there is a blatant disregard of this restriction to the extent that if needed (unlikely I know but it is one of the reasons the restriction is there) a fire engine could not negotiate most of the roads behind the SS - Raynes, Gerald, Banwell etc.

The club really do need to have a 10 year plan on this issue, whatever the council's plans are.  This will seriously hit the club in the pocket if 1000/2000/3000 can't be bothered to turn up because they simply cannot park and have no reasonable alternative.

7 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Parking restrictions (no parking on one side of each road) have been in existence since the 70's. They have pretty well adhered to until this season. Now there is a blatant disregard of this restriction to the extent that if needed (unlikely I know but it is one of the reasons the restriction is there) a fire engine could not negotiate most of the roads behind the SS - Raynes, Gerald, Banwell etc.

Valid points, but the root of this issue is that lily-livered councillors find it all too difficult to tackle the issue by providing facilities to address the problem.  Attacking the symptom is easier than dealing with the cause for any ineffectual councillor.

And part of the reason for that is because football fans are a lower species.

6 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Yet on the other hand, where there were previously double yellow lines to stop parking, so that emergency vehicles  could pass, for example : Little Paradise in Bedminster, They have blanked out the double yellow lines and installed parking bays with pay and display machines, resulting in restricted access.

Also as someone who delivers to shops on North Street on a daily basis, maybe the same said PCSO's could enforce the parking restrictions in loading bays and double yellow lines on non match days? Finding some where to stop there is right up there with finding Rocking Horse manure most of the time.

13 minutes ago, Nomad said:

No different than a Fire Engine trying to get through any number of streets on any given day in Easton, St Pauls, Totterdown, Windmill Hill, Cotham etc. etc.

Simple solution to fix it on Matchdays but it's an easy target and a money making exercise.

17 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

There's no excuse for parking like a ****, but you do feel that football fans are an easy target for the "new" residents of BS3. 

I suspect the next major target being the Natch Wall.

I don't think the "new" residents outnumber the "old" residents just yet. There are plenty still within easy walking distance of AG and quite a few more that most people probably realise in the streets directly outside AG.

3 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

How would they like it if people park cars over dropped kerbs as it legal to as long as your not stoping a car get off the drive it ok to stop them going on this would give us more parking and give the police an head ache 

Grow up.

16 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I don't think the "new" residents outnumber the "old" residents just yet. There are plenty still within easy walking distance of AG and quite a few more that most people probably realise in the streets directly outside AG.

Unfortunately I think they are well organised which makes up for numbers. 

8 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

Ok just using my freedom of free speech and sticking 2 fingers at red trousers for putting parking meters 20 mile zones etc 

Advocating parking over dropped kerbs to p*** off locals is hardly sticking 2 fingers up at Red Trousers. 20 mile an hour zones are a different ball game and not just related to BS3. As for parking zones..... RT has just shifted the problem from Southville to Ashton - go have a look at the junction of Duckmoor Rd and Raleigh Rd during the week. It's now full of city centre workers parking that little further out and walking into the office.

Archived