IGNORED

Radio Bristol Callers

Big Red Rich

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

They will call you, if you are on there list of people. 

As one of the callers referred to by the OP, I can tell you that's not true.

If you don't like what I have to say, you're free to phone in and have every chance of speaking to Geoff Twentyman.

if more fans called in then you'd get a greater range of opinion too.

Just think through what you're going to say beforehand and speak confidently and passionately.

Go for it.

Mark Tovey

About time City had their own Radio Bristol phone in after matches. Had to sit in my car for three quarters of an hour listening to tedious interviews with Yeovil, Bristol Manor Farm, Bath And Rovers managers, all of whom I couldn't give too hoots about. RB should have phone in's for each (perhaps not BMF) + Why have we always got to wait until over an hour after every Saturday game for someone from City to come on the radio. 

Would've loke an interview with the ref too.

3 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

If you don't like what I have to say, you're free to phone in and have every chance of speaking to Geoff Twentyman.

Just think through what you're going to say beforehand and speak confidently and passionately.

Go for it.

Mark Tovey

I called in to 5live loads of times and managed to get on and waffle away. 

Still not managed to get on Radio Bristol's blockbuster that is the Matchday Phone-In. 

Must be blacklisted!

3 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Go for it.

Mark Tovey

Agree there Mark.

I quite like to hear you and Ian give an honest account of how you see the games, if more people would phone in they would get to have their say as well, Twentyman would like nothing more to have 5 or 6 callers to his program so it mixes it up a bit, unfortunately like me, they can't be bothered to call in. At least I don't moan about it though.

44 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Go for it.

Mark Tovey

Easy Buddy...I don't now who you are and what you said and have absolutely no idea why you are letting off on me?

However let me tell you. They call me to give my opinion and it was arranged that they call today at 5:15 today but the game ran late and the put the Rugby on.

They called me three weeks ago and there are a few now laughing that I have had to write this!

35 minutes ago, Lord Northski said:

About time City had their own Radio Bristol phone in after matches. Had to sit in my car for three quarters of an hour listening to tedious interviews with Yeovil, Bristol Manor Farm, Bath And Rovers managers, all of whom I couldn't give too hoots about. RB should have phone in's for each (perhaps not BMF) + Why have we always got to wait until over an hour after every Saturday game for someone from City to come on the radio. 

It takes me  15 mins to get back to the car after a game so I for one are glad City are not on too early. I also like to give some credit to other local teams who have done well, such as Bristol Manor Farm. Would you phone in if we had a hour? We  do get an hour on RB on a Monday 6-7 perhaps you would like to phone in then 

53 minutes ago, Lord Northski said:

No, let's do call in to talk about Bristol Manor Farm. I like the thought of this. 

15 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Easy Buddy...I don't now who you are and what you said and have absolutely no idea why you are letting off on me?

However let me tell you. They call me to give my opinion and it was arranged that they call today at 5:15 today but the game ran late and the put the Rugby on.

They called me three weeks ago and there are a few now laughing that I have had to write this!

In that case I'm sorry. I didn't realise that you were referring to yourself when you said that Radio Bristol called people if they're on their list. That isn't the case for me, or the other regular callers, as far as I'm aware.

15 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

In that case I'm sorry. I didn't realise that you were referring to yourself when you said that Radio Bristol called people if they're on their list. That isn't the case for me, or the other regular callers, as far as I'm aware.

No problem!

I cant speak for others. But they have my number and I get mentioned on air most weeks, if not spoken to.

My assumption is that one of the reasons we hear the same people is they have those numbers as well and I get called to change it up slightly or there is a lack of callers and they can rely on me for a comment on air as I am always available after the game. 

Home games seem to be sightly more difficult for Radio Brizz as people are coming away from the game where as away games there are thousands sitting around with a phone handy.

I am now on first name terms with one of the guys over there (nice bloke) who will ask about my availability on a match day if required.

Hope that helps, I do feel special now though. 

I would add it is very obvious that Sags dont 'call on mass, where as City fans do, with the odd YTFC fan thrown in. Keep the calls coming it keeps em off the air! :laugh: 

1 hour ago, Curr Avon said:

Go for it.

Mark Tovey

Are you not just like a big brother contestant,looking for attention,why is yours and anybody's first thought to ring up rb,most people just talk to their friends 

2 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

Go for it.

Mark Tovey

Great stuff. Your points are very well made and frequently include observations I wish I'd made myself. 

Most of the rest though.... 

2 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

Go for it.

Mark Tovey

Fair play to you! I know I couldn't do it. I pitch myself more as a rambling footballer who can't string three words together, so I won't phone in. I'm so relieved I'm not a footballer so I don't have to do media stuff…

20 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Fair play to you! I know I couldn't do it. I pitch myself more as a rambling footballer who can't string three words together, so I won't phone in. I'm so relieved I'm not a footballer so I don't have to do media stuff…

Don't let that put you off, some of my favourite callers haven't even been to the game, have nothing to say, and couldn't string a sentence together even if they did. The Rovers v Mansfield post-match calls were a particular highlight. 

For balance though, both Mark and Ian are excellent IMO and speak insitefully and intelligently on the phone in. 

37 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Why such a sarcastic and childish personal post / dig ?

Unnecessary  , (as was your earlier comment)  IMO 

Turned down for a job at RB or something ?

Most of his posts are like that 

As for RB phone in, if I miss a game I just listen to Ian's call and assume the opposite is true

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Are you not just like a big brother contestant,looking for attention,why is yours and anybody's first thought to ring up rb,most people just talk to their friends 

And most people's first thought isn't to deliberately try and bait someone they've probably never met before on an Internet forum. 

Ever heard the phrase 'if you've got nothing nice to say, then don't say it at all'? This is a cracking example of that, there was just no need. 

2 hours ago, E.G.Red said:

It takes me  15 mins to get back to the car after a game so I for one are glad City are not on too early. I also like to give some credit to other local teams who have done well, such as Bristol Manor Farm. Would you phone in if we had a hour? 

I for one City fan have absolutely no interest in non league football whatsoever. I find reports from BMF, Bath FC and W-S-M  tedious in the extreme. 

Each to his own I guess.

Archived