IGNORED

how was today...

The Humble Realist

Cotts would have said we were the better team. Which we were.

We went at them from the off and Kodjia could/should have scored in the1st minute. We made numerous other good chances but the ball wouldn't go in.

Brum had one shot on target iirc, O'Donnell making a fine save.

Birmingham cheated A LOT.

Tomlin and Golbourne made sound debuts. Tomlin was booked for diving, when he didn't.

Burns was out of sorts when he came on, a day when nothing went right for him.

Freeman and Pack had great games, either would be a worthy MOTM.

The ref was truly awful, would have deservedly got all stands singing, 'the referee's a w*****, in unison in more vociferous days gone by. The melodic 's*** referee' seemed to have no effect on him.

The bloke behind me was moaning at me for standing at exciting moments, which pissed me off.

Another bloke and his son nearby left on 30 minutes because the lad said he was too cold. :colder:

7 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Cotts would have said we were the better team. Which we were.

We went at them from the off and Kodjia could/should have scored in the1st minute. We made numerous other good chances but the ball wouldn't go in.

Brum had one shot on target iirc, O'Donnell making a fine save.

Birmingham cheated A LOT.

Tomlin and Golbourne made sound debuts. Tomlin was booked for diving, when he didn't.

Burns was out of sorts when he came on, a day when nothing went right for him.

Freeman and Pack had great games, either would be a worthy MOTM.

The ref was truly awful, would have deservedly got all stands singing, 'the referee's a w*****, in unison in more vociferous days gone by. The melodic 's*** referee' seemed to have no effect on him.

The bloke behind me was moaning at me for standing at exciting moments, which pissed me off.

Another bloke and his son nearby left on 30 minutes because the lad said he was too cold. :colder:

been thinking or a while, the former of those chants seems to be done less and less in favour of the latter. any reason behind this (I'm sure there is a way to blame Bristol Sport) or am I imagining it?

ROD-didn't have much to do but one great save and distribution was solid

Golbourne-looked very solid and comfortable on the ball. Very promising

Baker-one rash challenge aside looked very dominant and won most of the headers he went for

flint-solid performance

little-was the weak link at the back, positionally poor and they seemed to target him

smith-mom again, most consistent performer this season. Not much gets passed him and rarely loses the ball

pack-great game, has looked like a new signing since cotts left and the new formation suits him

reid-decent enough but lacked the final ball/finish

tomlin-flashes of real class, looked a stonewall pen. When he's got his vision and ability on the ball will keep us up

freeman-best game for a while, looked more confident and was heavily involved

kodjia-didn't hold the ball up and doesn't make intelligent runs. Looks tired so needs a rest.

overall we deserved to win, we now look a lot more solid with the new formation and are a striker away from turning these sorts of games into three points 

3 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Baker-one rash challenge aside looked very dominant and won most of the headers he went for

flint-solid performance

little-was the weak link at the back, positionally poor and they seemed to target him

smith-mom again, most consistent performer this season. Not much gets passed him and rarely loses the ball

pack-great game, has looked like a new signing since cotts left and the new formation suits him

tomlin-flashes of real class, looked a stonewall pen. When he's got his vision and ability on the ball will keep us up

kodjia-didn't hold the ball up and doesn't make intelligent runs. Looks tired so needs a rest.

overall we deserved to win, we now look a lot more solid with the new formation and are a striker away from turning these sorts of games into three points

Sums it up well. I am beginning to believe that we will now survive. Bolton are doomed, and would be happier if MK Dons and Charlton could stop scoring as many goals as they are doing at the moment! However since we play both teams in the next few weeks, I have confidence in our own defence although worried that Baker is surely going to get a red card soon for the kind of tackles that are currently only getting him yellows.

We probably deserved to win it more than them but the longer the 2nd half went on, the more they came in to it. Draw not a ridiculous result as we didn't have enough clear cut chances really.

Tomlin (MOTM) and Golbourne class. Little had a shocker! Also Burns put in some terrible crosses after coming on. Pack had a better game than usual...

Impressed with the keeper , Baker's best game for me, Golbourne looks a fantstic buy at the price, Flint and Little solid ,Pack MoM , Smith looks total quality, Freeman's best game in ages, Tomlin flashes of real promise, Bobby pretty good too , JK better than lately and will get better with Tomlin behind him.  I have to say with all the shit Refs we've had over the years, I think it's the first time I've heard one condemned by just about every post/tweet/caller/texter . Absolutely shocking performance .

49 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

flint-solid performance

O'Donnell - great save?  Bleedin' amazing save....was wobbling all of the place.  Can't say it would've beaten Frank, but he does get beaten by those.  I'd sign him permanently tonight, he's been that good for the few saves he's had to make. Decisive and good kicker.

Golbourne - solid, solid, solid.

Baker - went into his shell after the booking for the middle section if the fame, but came back strong in final 20.  Donaldson a tough opponent, backs in well.

Flint - very solid today.  Surprised to say that he looked comfy in a back 4.

Little - game of 3 thirds.  First 2/3, good, certainly first 45, got to by-line and stood up some decent crosses.  Last 30, looked knackered (understandably), and not really helped by Wes.  Looked very comfy with Freeman in front of him.

Smith - usual Smith, but won a good percentage in air too.  Almost MOM.

Pack - played slightly further forward and with licence to get forward.  Excellent game - I suggested pre-game might be worth leaving him out to suit the positions of other players.  My MOM today....well played.

Reid - surprised he started.  Positive display though, buzzed around.  

Freeman - really decent performance, full of industry on both flanks, very creative.  Close to my MOM.

Tomlin - demo pen for me, lovely touches, can spot a pass.  Will be an asset.  Just behind Freeman and Smith in his debut today.

Kodjia - not as involved today, but didn't think he was that bad.  Does make intelligent runs, and we now have a player who might be able to spot them.  Happy to Kay it off today, because he thought he's get it back.  Not his best, but by no means poor.

Wes - mmmm

Agard - missed a good headed chance

Wilbs - did his usual stuff well.

58 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

O'Donnell - great save?  Bleedin' amazing save....was wobbling all of the place.  Can't say it would've beaten Frank, but he does get beaten by those.  I'd sign him permanently tonight, he's been that good for the few saves he's had to make. Decisive and good kicker.

Golbourne - solid, solid, solid.

Baker - went into his shell after the booking for the middle section if the fame, but came back strong in final 20.  Donaldson a tough opponent, backs in well.

Flint - very solid today.  Surprised to say that he looked comfy in a back 4.

Little - game of 3 thirds.  First 2/3, good, certainly first 45, got to by-line and stood up some decent crosses.  Last 30, looked knackered (understandably), and not really helped by Wes.  Looked very comfy with Freeman in front of him.

Smith - usual Smith, but won a good percentage in air too.  Almost MOM.

Pack - played slightly further forward and with licence to get forward.  Excellent game - I suggested pre-game might be worth leaving him out to suit the positions of other players.  My MOM today....well played.

Reid - surprised he started.  Positive display though, buzzed around.  

Freeman - really decent performance, full of industry on both flanks, very creative.  Close to my MOM.

Tomlin - demo pen for me, lovely touches, can spot a pass.  Will be an asset.  Just behind Freeman and Smith in his debut today.

Kodjia - not as involved today, but didn't think he was that bad.  Does make intelligent runs, and we now have a player who might be able to spot them.  Happy to Kay it off today, because he thought he's get it back.  Not his best, but by no means poor.

Wes - mmmm

Agard - missed a good headed chance

Wilbs - did his usual stuff well.

was going ok until you got to the forwards

Archived