IGNORED

Pack

CITYAREREDANDWHITE

32 minutes ago, Burt_ said:

I must be seeing a different player. As far as I can see he consistently bottles every 50-50 challenge, rarely tackles, offers very little offensively - taking the pace and impetus out of attack after attack and doesn't add much defensively.

What has he ever done (one stunning shot aside) that has looked even remotely classy?

IMO he is a Div 1 squad player at best. 

:robbored:

35 minutes ago, Burt_ said:

I must be seeing a different player. As far as I can see he consistently bottles every 50-50 challenge, rarely tackles, offers very little offensively - taking the pace and impetus out of attack after attack and doesn't add much defensively.

What has he ever done (one stunning shot aside) that has looked even remotely classy?

Today He did everything you stated he didn't do.

if you couldn't see that today then you clearly have an agenda against him

33 minutes ago, Burt_ said:

It's all about opinions and thankyou for yours

But...............

Thats complete and utter bollocks, In my opinion

I think he was class today, remember he's still very young and will only get better

You Reds!

4 minutes ago, wheatus59 said:

I think you need to watch a different sport then , Pack was outstanding today , and however he plays he never stops trying , always wants the ball , wins most headers and never lets his head drop , id pick him every week without fail .

His positioning without the ball is terrifying tho,but he has shown this season he is half decent 

24 minutes ago, Donkeeebles said:

Today He did everything you stated he didn't do.

if you couldn't see that today then you clearly have an agenda against him

Or.....

....he was 'watching' on the radio. :P

'Maybe we have secretly signed Dack, and that was him out there today.  

That was a very good box to box midfield display today.  Had either the first minute shot, or the one late on that he half-dragged wide gone in....then it would have really put the icing on the cake.  Keep it up Marlon.

1 hour ago, smokey live said:

Thought Pack has played well for awhile now and that surging run down the left hand side today. Well done Marlon, keep it going

I thought he was going to run in to the stand! Great display by Marlon today, he looked like he'd been let off his leash!

1 hour ago, Burt_ said:

What exactly did he do today aside from one run and looking full of energy?

I just cannot see what he contributes.  It isn't goals, isn't assists, isn't crunching tackles, he doesn't dictate play, isn't particularly creative.

I just can't see what he brings to the party at all. 

You, my friend are having a giraffe 

I think hes been quality all season and is getting better and better with each game. I think the people who slag him off, don't see what he does off the ball, let alone on it. I would love to see the stats of how many times he touches the ball in the game, for the amount of times he is on the ball , he is bound to give it away now and then.Today, in the first 10 minutes, he made 10 passes, then his next pass was wayward. the bloke behind me slagged him right off for a bad pass, " What about the 10 passes before?" I said. "Didn't see them, hes shit anyway" was the reply!" I despair!

I've never had a problem with what he brings to the team, but allowing him to roam forward really suits him. It's almost as though he has been wasted holding back. I guess Ayling does tend to carry the ball forward from the back and someone has to stay back and mop up. Pack does a lot of that work that goes unnoticed. 

Lovely bloke off the field as I've said before, great character in the dressing room I would think. Hope he's here for a long time, I wouldn't  like to play against him

4 hours ago, Burt_ said:

What exactly did he do today aside from one run and looking full of energy?

I just cannot see what he contributes.  It isn't goals, isn't assists, isn't crunching tackles, he doesn't dictate play, isn't particularly creative.

I just can't see what he brings to the party at all. 

You just gotta love this. 

Just off the top of my head, a fantastic cross early in the game from the right corner which a striker should've been on the end of, an inch perfect pass to burns through on goal who either got fouled or fell over his own feet, a cracking shot early on and a near miss at the end and an all-round commanding performance. Could easily have ended with 2 goals or 2 assists today. But that's ok, he misplaced a couple of passes so he's clearly shit. 

I also love all the comments on here recently. Many start with "I'm not a fan of Pack, but..."  Must be doing something right to get many many positive comments from those who aren't 'fans' of his. 

For me, our most consistent performer ALL season. 

And to the person who wondered about his touches/stats. In all but 2 games this season Pack has had more touches and passes than the rest of the team. And on a couple of occasions he's had nearly DOUBLE the touches than the next City player. Hugely under appreciated by a significant number of our fanbase. 

The man always gives 100% and is full of running, I just do not think he's a particularly good player.

Off the top of my head I've listed a few City midfielders from the past few years. How many of these players would you genuinely take Pack over? 

Steve McCLaren, Paul Mardon, Gary Shelton, David Rennie, Rob Edwards, Tommy Doherty, Martin Kuhl, Gary Owers, Marvin Elliot, Cole Skuse, Alex Russell.

Does that put his apparent class into perspective?

By the way, it is so desperately sad that you can't express an opinion contrary to that of the outraged, super fan, OTIB Mafioso, without - rather than any debate - being told that you couldn't possibly be a real supporter, and obviously don't actually go to games, etc. etc.

8 hours ago, St Aldhelms Red said:

I think hes been quality all season and is getting better and better with each game. I think the people who slag him off, don't see what he does off the ball, let alone on it. I would love to see the stats of how many times he touches the ball in the game, for the amount of times he is on the ball

Might be able to deduce something from these. The second link has info on passing.

http://www.statbunker.com/players/getPlayerStats?player_id=31857

http://www.futhead.com/16/players/7877/marlon-pack/

9 hours ago, RedM said:

I've never had a problem with what he brings to the team, but allowing him to roam forward really suits him. It's almost as though he has been wasted holding back. I guess Ayling does tend to carry the ball forward from the back and someone has to stay back and mop up. Pack does a lot of that work that goes unnoticed. 

Lovely bloke off the field as I've said before, great character in the dressing room I would think. Hope he's here for a long time, I wouldn't  like to play against him

I think the switch to a back 4 has helped him in this respect. He doesn't have to cover the wing backs or shield the back 3 as much. This gives him licence to go forward and showed yesterday that he can link up well with Tomlin.

9 hours ago, Harry said:

You just gotta love this. 

Just off the top of my head, a fantastic cross early in the game from the right corner which a striker should've been on the end of, an inch perfect pass to burns through on goal who either got fouled or fell over his own feet, a cracking shot early on and a near miss at the end and an all-round commanding performance. Could easily have ended with 2 goals or 2 assists today. But that's ok, he misplaced a couple of passes so he's clearly shit. 

I also love all the comments on here recently. Many start with "I'm not a fan of Pack, but..."  Must be doing something right to get many many positive comments from those who aren't 'fans' of his. 

For me, our most consistent performer ALL season. 

And to the person who wondered about his touches/stats. In all but 2 games this season Pack has had more touches and passes than the rest of the team. And on a couple of occasions he's had nearly DOUBLE the touches than the next City player. Hugely under appreciated by a significant number of our fanbase. 

Spot on. 

Pack does a similar job as Cole Skuse did for City and now does at the Tractor Boys. Skuse was seriously underrated by loads of City fans who clearly don't appreciate how crucial it is to protect the defence.

i thought he had a decent game yesterday as he does most of the time. 

Pack had a few poor games this season - Birmingham away, Rotherham and Derby. Otherwise he's played consistently ok or well. Looks liberated from having to try to cover the centre backs in a 3-5-2 a very difficult job in this division as last year teams ended to go high and direct which suited his style. This season he faced quick accurate passing through the   Middle which has made him look culpable hence the accusations of not good enough at this level. For most of the time he did this thankless job quite well, but since the move to 4-3-3 he has gone up a level and was the best player on the pitch yesterday, so is certainly good enough at this level!

Archived