IGNORED

Forward!

REDOXO

Whoever this guy will be, provided we bring him in, then he'll more than likely save us this season.

For that reason, we need to spend big if required.  Time to get that cheque book out and spend 5 million plus on the player we need.

Give them a massive goal bonus, and promise them untold glory if they keep us in the league!

Be nice to get someone who has already scored goals at this level.

13 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

When we have kodjia who cannot score as our first choice striker and wilbs as his replacement, it makes me think we need 2 new strikers. I'm not saying I would drop kodjia, but he could be better playing behind someone, or even on the wing.

This.

In an ideal situation I would sign two strikers, one being on loan but due to restrictions we can't. Kodjia has played almost the same amount of games for us as he did Angers in the whole of last season. Clearly not at his sharpest at present but I'm not sure the alternatives are good enough to start instead of him. I would be surprised if Fulham sell Smith to us so for that reason I hope we are not wasting too much time on only him and have something lined up. Some on here think Smith is better than what he is and I think he may struggle to replicate last seasons impact at this level, but having said that I think we all agree he would be a very welcome addition.

I'd be inclined to take a gamble on Winnall. Understand Leeds chucked an offer of 150k in. Would guess an offer of 500k would be more suitable. 

Would take Bradshaw as well if possible. 

Both over Smith. Smith would be a good signing but not the type we urgently need. Adequate replacement for Wilbs though. 

Unsure over Lafferty also. Is he classed as an out and out striker? 

16 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Ok. We know that we are trying to get Smith, but with Fulham circling the same drain we are I would suggest that may be a difficult job and nothing short of miraculous if we can pull it off.

So who else fits the bill?

There must be somebody who could take a reasonable percentage of the chances created. The stats  in yesterday's fanzine (wonderful value at only £1.20) stated that City need to have approx 15 goal attempts to score a goal and 7 of each 10 attempts are off target!

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

There must be somebody who could take a reasonable percentage of the chances created. The stats  in yesterday's fanzine (wonderful value at only £1.20) stated that City need to have approx 15 goal attempts to score a goal and 7 of each 10 attempts are off target!

Glad you like the zine! How many shorties have actually played for us an the gas really have played at some 5hitholes? :laugh:!

I agree some of the ball in has been excellent, we are not as far off as some might think! 

Not sure we can rely on JK at the moment - not a criticism but he's not firing for whatever reason 

Not scored at AG since November and his goals have dried up

He may well start firing again , especially with some added attacking options but we'd be mad to rely on his goal return alone IMHO

R.e Sam Winnall:

Leeds apparently went in with £300k, not all upfront. Reports suggest they would want at least £1 million.

He is a hard working, strong forward, but tricky and good feet. Scores from all areas, head, both feet. Scored a couple of 30 yarders too. 

2 hours ago, Alessandro said:

R.e Sam Winnall:

Leeds apparently went in with £300k, not all upfront. Reports suggest they would want at least £1 million.

He is a hard working, strong forward, but tricky and good feet. Scores from all areas, head, both feet. Scored a couple of 30 yarders too. 

Good scoring record in recent years, 1 in 2 at Scunny, 1 in 3 at Barnsley... for me a better bet than Bradshaw.

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Not sure we can rely on JK at the moment - not a criticism but he's not firing for whatever reason 

Not scored at AG since November and his goals have dried up

He may well start firing again , especially with some added attacking options but we'd be mad to rely on his goal return alone IMHO

His ratio of shots to goals must be awful , he just cant finish , as much as I like the guy he isn't going to get the goals to save us .

20 minutes ago, wheatus59 said:

His ratio of shots to goals must be awful , he just cant finish , as much as I like the guy he isn't going to get the goals to save us .

his goals are the only the reason we are near to safety. 10 goals do you not realise where we'd be without him? Who's gonna come in and score more I don't know. JK misses chances agreed but he's got more goals than so many strikers out there in the division. 

9 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

his goals are the only the reason we are near to safety. 10 goals do you not realise where we'd be without him? Who's gonna come in and score more I don't know. JK misses chances agreed but he's got more goals than so many strikers out there in the division. 

I'm not stupid , I know his goals are valuable and I really like him , but he misses so many chances which are costing us valuable points .

1 minute ago, wheatus59 said:

I'm not stupid , I know his goals are valuable and I really like him , but he misses so many chances which are costing us valuable points .

Since Pembo has taken over I can't recall him missing many, scored yesterday but he was wrongly offside. He'll score enough to keep us up imo. I think many on here overstate his lack of killer finishing. But he brings a hell of a lot more than just that.

Archived