IGNORED

Luke Freeman

gordie

4 hours ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Very good first half cutting in on his left foot. Second half after changing sides he was back to being pretty poor again, slowing play down, losing the ball, over hitting it etc.. Overall an improvement though, I'd keep him on the right for Charlton.

He still managed to put in a good cross from the left which Agard should've scored from

8 hours ago, super slick said:

Well he created a good chance for kodjia in the first half who didn't even bother attempting to get into a dangerous position and just stood on the penalty spot, hidden behind a few Birmingham players whereas a natural goal scorer would have made a dart across the box for the simple tap in.

Also sent in a very good cross that Agard, inexplicably completely missed in the second half.

Throw back to last week where he put a very good ball in for Flint to head wide, unmarked from 6 yards. That's only in the last two games, not particularly looked out for it in the previous games.

Freeman is a good player at this level when utilised correctly. Anybody would struggle when every single bit of creative play has to go through them alone as it has for the last 20 odd games whilst playing 352.

I think Tomlin and a more attacking Pack (who I thought was excellent today) will take some of the pressure off of him and hopefully we will see the best of Luke Freeman.

Played very well today, not quite man of the match, but not far off it.

A good player who, if he were to leave, I have no doubt would excel at another club. 

Cracking post , with explanation

:clapping:

No one would argue LF has had an outstanding season ( Who has ? ) and as a new player to the Championship was expected to be our focal point / creator in a side / formation that has not worked at this level

Not too tough an ask then

It concerns me that the fans will see LF away from the Gate and we will all watch on as he becomes an established Championship player and one we wish was back with us.

We havnt had many LF creative type players in my many years at the Gate and fans were drooling about him last season,  and write him off or fail to show patience and we will regret it IMO

For me there are so many factors that may have / have contributed to his form and impact this year

The sending off / missing games early in the season

Last season the wing backs as individuals and the system was effective and provided a great 'creative' / attacking base

Lets be honest neither the systems or our wing backs have cut the mustard and given us any great threat this season

At this level, sides prepare to counter the wing back threat and IMO our wing backs have rarely if at all, won their personal battles

Thats left our creative ideas, as I've seen it , and putting it in most simple terms as 

Luke Freeman or JK doing something individual (I know that's a bit simplistic but it doesn't boil down to much more IMO)

Massive responsibility on LFs shoulders , in a key role at a level where opposition will be again prepared for, in an area of the pitch where room is at a premium

Hes clearly found it difficult against far better, quicker, stronger and astute players at this level but this would be less noticeable if others were creating (a la Tomlin yesterday)

No surprise for me that LF performed back towards his best at times yesterday with more threatening options around him and with a reduced burden of creativity, and more space to operate 

Please keep the faith with this lad - I really think he can be one of our biggest assets for a few years to come

He was very good, especially in the first half. Second half he went back to over dribbling again. If he'd just move it quickly more often than not he'd be even better as he's likely to get it back as he does get into some dangerous spots. He'd be my first choice on the right from now on. Tomlin I think was on the left as we didn't have anyone else to play out there with Joe out. Maybe could've used Agard there. 

Archived