IGNORED

O'Donnell

man in the middle

Cotterill made a comment to the effect that he isn't a Billy Big Time who would be demanding massive wages (I think that was a dig at Zach Clough who, at 19 with barely 20 league games under his belt, was expecting us to pay him "head turning" money) so surely it's a no brainer to sit him down and get him to sign.

10 minutes ago, hay dens party said:

Has to keep his place when Frank is fit again. He comes out to gather crosses, comes off his line at the correct times to cover our defence and made a cracking save today. Lets get him permanently!

I have to say that's a very good last point.

We need 2 senior keepers, he's clearly good enough and a permanent deal would mean we could bring in another loan outside of the transfer window.

I thought he was just the type of keeper we should've got in the summer (also Foderingham) to push Frankie.  Was really surprised he went to Wigan in League One as I thought the reason he'd let his contract run down at Walsall was because bigger fish (Champ teams) were in for him.

You would like to think the ball is in our court.  If we intend to do a deal with him in the summer, why not now?  [the only thing is a new manager]

Just now, Davefevs said:

I thought he was just the type of keeper we should've got in the summer (also Foderingham) to push Frankie.  Was really surprised he went to Wigan in League One as I thought the reason he'd let his contract run down at Walsall was because bigger fish (Champ teams) were in for him.

You would like to think the ball is in our court.  If we intend to do a deal with him in the summer, why not now?  [the only thing is a new manager]

precisely get him on a permanent now he's a cracking keeper and looks to be enjoying himself at the moment. I'm sure he won't cost too much and his wages aren't going to be massive.

27 minutes ago, hay dens party said:

Has to keep his place when Frank is fit again. He comes out to gather crosses, comes off his line at the correct times to cover our defence and made a cracking save today. Lets get him permanently!

Totally agree . He claps the players when they play well . Shouts when needed . Comes for crosses. Demands his box . Buy him now . 

I liked the look of him from the first game, we have had to wait until now to see what he's like as a shot stopper. Today was probably the first shot he's had to deal with. Distribution is good, he comes for crosses, and he shouts ...... sign him up, soon !

I think he's enjoying it here because he's playing, first up; and because we are defending well; but also, because he is here, in the Championship, and not at Walsall, in L1. Or Stockport on loan. Or Chesterfield. Or Macclesfield on loan. Or Alfreton or Grimsby on loan. Or any of the other lower and non-league places he has been loaned out to. 

Do we need to ask why he has spent all this time at a lower level?

Just now, 1960maaan said:

I liked the look of him from the first game, we have had to wait until now to see what he's like as a shot stopper. Today was probably the first shot he's had to deal with. Distribution is good, he comes for crosses, and he shouts ...... sign him up, soon !

yes he's not had a shot to save till today and that can also be a sign of a top keeper, a good keeper gets in good positions in his box to limit the opposition to shoot.

28 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

I think he's enjoying it here because he's playing, first up; and because we are defending well; but also, because he is here, in the Championship, and not at Walsall, in L1. Or Stockport on loan. Or Chesterfield. Or Macclesfield on loan. Or Alfreton or Grimsby on loan. Or any of the other lower and non-league places he has been loaned out to. 

Do we need to ask why he has spent all this time at a lower level?

Tbf I think the GK Coach at Walsall, Neil Cutler, has had a huge impact on him. A very good GK coach who I'm surprised hasn't been snapped up by a higher league club.

You wouldn't want him to get caught having to make critical clearance with his right foot though!

However, that's a small point - sign him up!

I really liked the way that during one of the many stoppages in the second half he was right up to the half way line talking to the team. Don't see that very often.

Archived