IGNORED

Red Trousers is Tweeting again...

Charliesboots

1 hour ago, Rich said:

This comment from George is yet another example of him either having no idea at all of the local surroundings, which he rules over, which just happen to have been there for over a hundred years, (with the same name), or, a little dig at BCFC, it's owner and it's supporters, who he once claimed to be one of. The same man who claimed to support the local shops and then rents out retail space to their competitors. He has taken money from the local traditional boozers, (on match days in particular).  I don't think any of our supporters should give him their money, no matter if he sells a good pint, for what he did and tried to do to our club. I'M FOR A BOYCOTT OF THE TOBACCO FACTORY. I already have personally. 

He also have ties with the water shed

5 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

He also have ties with the water shed

He has fingers in numerous pies. He once argued against a proposal to site the new arena at AV. Arguing that all places of entertainment should be in town centres, that didn't stop him opening the tobacco factory theatre in Ashton. Oh by the way, at the time of his opposition to this proposed sighting of the arena at AV, he was part of a consortium to build an arena at Temple Meads. For the record I agree with the TM site for the arena, I just don't like his hypocrisy.

4 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Only odds I've seen were ladbrokes from about 4-5 months ago. 

Until there is polling or similar, I can't imagine any major changes. That said, it looks like a two horse race between labour (Marvin Rees) and George Ferguson. I believe there is some form of transferrable vote system used, hopefully many will vote tactically in the second round if they want to see Ferguson out. 

2 hours ago, Rich said:

This comment from George is yet another example of him either having no idea at all of the local surroundings, which he rules over, which just happen to have been there for over a hundred years, (with the same name), or, a little dig at BCFC, it's owner and it's supporters, who he once claimed to be one of. The same man who claimed to support the local shops and then rents out retail space to their competitors. He has taken money from the local traditional boozers, (on match days in particular).  I don't think any of our supporters should give him their money, no matter if he sells a good pint, for what he did and tried to do to our club. I'M FOR A BOYCOTT OF THE TOBACCO FACTORY. I already have personally. 

The beer he sells is far below average. Most of it has quite an unpleasant after taste. Bit like home brew. 

On ‎31‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 23:28, CotswoldRed said:

The beer he sells is far below average. Most of it has quite an unpleasant after taste. Bit like home brew. 

Fergusson leaves an unpleasant taste in my mouth. I only referred to the beer because a few past posters mentioned they were good, but they were also very supportive of the man in general anyway.

I don't live in Bristol, but was borne and went to school there, but I think I know a waste of space when I see one, this guy is so anti BCFC it's untrue, calling Ashton Gate a new landmark, how the ****ing hell dare he, he doesn't give a toss about the tradition that is Bristol City, the ghosts of players past and the fans too, just a self serving creep in the same mould of that one over the Pond that is Trump Tosser.

Get him out before Bristol becomes the biggest laughing stock. 

• Admin
On 1/31/2016 at 16:53, Tomarse said:

Scott Davidson once said to me you keep your friends close, your enemies even closer.

which was taken from Michael Corleone in The second Godfather film, who famously said "My father taught me many things . . . .. . keep your friends close but your enemies closer"

• Admin
On 1/31/2016 at 22:22, Rich said:

. . . he was part of a consortium to build an arena at Temple Meads. For the record I agree with the TM site for the arena, I just don't like his hypocrisy.

which is interesting as someone was telling me that he owned the currently closed Cattle Market Tavern next to the Bristol Wood Recycling Project - amazingly right across the soon to be built arena

33 minutes ago, phantom said:

which was taken from Michael Corleone in The second Godfather film, who famously said "My father taught me many things . . . .. . keep your friends close but your enemies closer"

This was a quote made by Sun-tzu (~400 BC) who was a Chinese general & military strategist. 

6 hours ago, phantom said:

I think GF would do well to be mindful of the other similar saying 'My ememy's ememy is my friend'. Other Mayoral candidates will benefit from his unpopularity.

19 hours ago, phantom said:

which is interesting as someone was telling me that he owned the currently closed Cattle Market Tavern next to the Bristol Wood Recycling Project - amazingly right across the soon to be built arena

I'm sure someone can find out through land registry who owns it. Very interesting if he does.

The Cattle Market Tavern is owned by the City council. It bought the pub and the wood project site behind it, when compulsory purchasing the old Royal mail sorting office. There are plans for flats, shops and restaurants for the Royal Mail site but, no decision has been made on the pub or wood project site, though the council are trying to find a new site for the wood project. Probably somewhere out of the way and un-intrusive to visitors, how about college green? We had a wood project there a few years back which seemed to be welcomed by councillors.

Perhaps an independent brewer of fine ales could take a lease on the pub and sell non profit making cheap beer to all Arena visitors.

Archived