IGNORED

Mark Lawrenson's attitude

Lack of Action Man

Just watching Chelsea vs Mk Dons, admittedly an excellent finish by Oscar for Chelsea's second but was there any need for his sarcastically toned comment "you won't see any of that in the Championship".  Usual media nonsense top flight bias, just like Dele Ali's goal - a carbon copy of Nicky Maynard's. Yet which one will be talked about for years to come?

Rubbish.

2 minutes ago, rwilliams90 said:

I agree he comes across as condescending but he actually said 'you don't see MANY of those in the Championship'. Which is possibly a fair comment.

Think you misheard it or changed it to fit your argument.

Without the ability to rewind I can't check this. Nevertheless his tone was completely wrong in my view, and demeaning towards the championship.

2 minutes ago, Robbie_Turner said:

That's him all over, sarky little **** , he thinks he's so smart with his little quips.

Yeah I agree with that.

Fair play to Cotts for having a pop at him in one of his last interviews with us.

3 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Without the ability to rewind I can't check this. Nevertheless his tone was completely wrong in my view, and demeaning towards the championship.

Yeah I agree completely. He has said a lot of things about the Championship and MK Dons but I seriously doubt he actually watches Championship football. Well, you can tell he doesn't.

To be fair, MK Dons defending is a joke.

He tries so hard to 'tell it how it is' that he does come across as very sarcastic and says some idiotic things. You could say at least he doesn't try and say everything is brilliant but he's too far the other way.

Regardless of the commentators, and the fact they are playing Chelsea (who cruising in 3rd gear), MK Dons' look defensively awful.

Yes; it is a premier league side, but it's not their quality alone that is beating MK, it is a complete lack of pressure anywhere on the field, and a plethora of unforced mistakes.

Some brave last ditch tackles and saves, but lord all mighty; cannot wait for us to play them.  Nice big pitch, and no pressure on our team, and I'd give us a decent chance.

Thought the exact same funnily enough. Patronising little *****, who played in the most dour team to consecutively win League titles in England being Liverpool.
Then again on Chelsea's 3rd goal, complained solely about the defending, what about the great finish?!

Obviously these Prem clubs are just on another level, obviously.

2 minutes ago, BA14 RED said:

Thought the exact same funnily enough. Patronising little *****, who played in the most dour team to consecutively win League titles in England being Liverpool.
Then again on Chelsea's 3rd goal, complained solely about the defending, what about the great finish?!

Obviously these Prem clubs are just on another level, obviously.

Exactly how I saw it too. He's a cock, plain and simple.

MK Dons just look like the occasion has got to them. They won't be like this against us.

3 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Exactly how I saw it too. He's a cock, plain and simple.

MK Dons just look like the occasion has got to them. They won't be like this against us.

I just feel they're playing with nothing to lose. Does he really think they see this as a game they care about as much as the league?! 
Doubt they will defend like that every week in the league,

12 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

MK Dons are just going for it. Not interested in a draw or faffing about. Only interested in the League and giving their fans a good open game to watch. Good to see.

Don't look very much like they are going for it to me; just look crap.

The lack of pressure, and their inability to string a pass together just looks unprofessional.

They look terrible.

7 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

We will have no problem finishing above them then eh ?

No idea.

But if they press and pass like they have today, then based on what I've seen from us sine SC left, then I'm certainly not worried about us giving them a game.

Can you honesty say they've not been their own worst enemy today?  No pressure, no marking, no energy; compared to the way we went at WBA, they look like they can't be arsed.  If I was an MK Dons fan I'd be livid; not at the scoreline, but at the complete lack of effort they've put in. Doesn't matter the skill of the opposition if you defend like that; Chelsea should have double figures here.

Like I said; MK look terrible.

35 minutes ago, samo II said:

No idea.

But if they press and pass like they have today, then based on what I've seen from us sine SC left, then I'm certainly not worried about us giving them a game.

Can you honesty say they've not been their own worst enemy today?  No pressure, no marking, no energy; compared to the way we went at WBA, they look like they can't be arsed.  If I was an MK Dons fan I'd be livid; not at the scoreline, but at the complete lack of effort they've put in. Doesn't matter the skill of the opposition if you defend like that; Chelsea should have double figures here.

Like I said; MK look terrible.

No injuries and no extra games to hinder their fight for survival, fans got to see a good open game. 

1 hour ago, OddBallJim said:

Just watching Chelsea vs Mk Dons, admittedly an excellent finish by Oscar for Chelsea's second but was there any need for his sarcastically toned comment "you won't see any of that in the Championship".  

1 hour ago, rwilliams90 said:

Yeah I agree completely. He has said a lot of things about the Championship and MK Dons but I seriously doubt he actually watches Championship football. Well, you can tell he doesn't.

He's from Preston. His father played for Preston. He's a Preston fan. He probably watches Preston more than anyone in the Championship. And you won't see many goals like that watching Preston in the Championship (probably)

Archived