IGNORED

what is actually going on?!

The Humble Realist

Does anyone feel the same as me in feeling...

When will we get a new manager ?

why have we heard nothing from the board ?

It feels like we have no plan ? 

On the plus the side we are making signings...but seems strange to wait til after the window to appoint a new manager unless we go for JP in which case why not appoint him nw ! 

I am sure there will be an announcement when anything significant happens. The Board will never respond publicly to every rumour or any speculation. And neither should they.

Behind the scenes lots will be happening. We haven't got a right to know everything that is going on. I've said this before, what do fans expect, a weekly press conference with the Board to discuss every rumour on Twitter?!

Not gonna happen. When a manager is appointed we will be told...

45 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

On the plus the side we are making signings...but seems strange to wait til after the window to appoint a new manager unless we go for JP in which case why not appoint him nw ! 

Looks like you have a case of impatience....

Pemberton is involved in the loan deals and my guess is that he and Wade Elliot will hold the keys to managers office until further notice.

i don't have a problem with that.

In the position we are in, we need to give ourselves as much chance as possible to survive, if someone like pearson was available and we end up sticking with pemberton for the rest of the season and it doesnt work out, and we cant attract a decent signing or 2 by the end of january, then god help the board at the end of this season.

1 minute ago, simon uk said:

In the position we are in, we need to give ourselves as much chance as possible to survive, if someone like pearson was available and we end up sticking with pemberton for the rest of the season and it doesnt work out, and we cant attract a decent signing or 2 by the end of january, then god help the board at the end of this season.

Always was going to be a risk whatever. Have we not had a good signing or two? Given ourselves a chance now. Too late? Maybe, and time will tell, but most of those alround the bottom would have been happy with the business we have already done this window.

58 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

4 minutes ago, simon uk said:

No:ph34r:

4 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Always was going to be a risk whatever. Have we not had a good signing or two? Given ourselves a chance now. Too late? Maybe, and time will tell, but most of those alround the bottom would have been happy with the business we have already done this window.

Hey golbourne is a decent championship lb, and tomlin is a very good championship number 10 but we have had 2 central midfielders all season, and our best player has come in from france and played nearly every game in a tough league in a weak team. Jk needs to be taken out of the firing line, but there is no alternative, so someone on the same level as tomlin would be great.

Our january transfer window activity, as it stands is probably insufficient, mainly due to how poor our summer and subsequent loans have been, and firing the manager and not having a replacement lined up was outrageous if we do go down.

19 minutes ago, simon uk said:

I think if Pearson was available, and willing, it would have happened by now. Unless there was a proviso that we stay up, in any case I think Pembo has it for until the end of the season. No need to look elsewhere now, a new man wouldn't effect incoming players and could cause a little upheaval . 

We have done pretty well in the window so far, what could seal it is 2 more signings. Smith doubtful and Walsall unwilling to lose a player this late stage, all down to brinkmanship now and our desperation Vs our budget limitations Vs valuations .

Just the continuation of a shambolic season, I get the impression that SC's departure was not planned much in advance, hence the lack of preparedness. JP has inherited a total mess and is doing his best. With so many issues and limitations, I doubt anyone else could do much more, and in many ways he is in a no win situation. Hope now is that nothing else goes wrong, and we can finish above 3 teams!

It has to be pembo.  The new man would of wanted the window to try and bring his players in.  Thats gone.  They will keep what they have.  He is a landsdown yes man.  He will tow the line.  Good old city, same old, over and over again.  Result is always the same. Nothing changes no matter how you try and dress it up.  Would love to be eating a massive slice of humble pie this week. i fear not thou.  

Archived