IGNORED

Darren Bent (MERGED)

Ashtonwurzel

6 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Darren Bent deal not complete, due to complications regarding salary issues. @bcfctweets still trying to get deal completed before 11pm

just take a risk city ffs and break your stupid wage cap

Says who?

14 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Darren Bent deal not complete, due to complications regarding salary issues. @bcfctweets still trying to get deal completed before 11pm

just take a risk city ffs and break your stupid wage cap

That Tweet comes from some BS Twitter account. Also claimed we had signed him earlier.

EDIT: In this context BS does not mean Bristol Sport!

1 minute ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Derby require £20,000 of Darren Bent's £30,000 a week salary to be paid for him to go out on loan. Initially offered at £12,000.

This is all coming from the crappy, never funny, previous Steve Cotterill parody account. It's total bollocks.

3 minutes ago, Alex#40 said:

This is all coming from the crappy, never funny, previous Steve Cotterill parody account. It's total bollocks.

If I ever meet the person behind that account.....I bet it's someone on here. 

They epitomise everything that is bad about twitter.

Lets assume he's the player we all hope he would be if we signed him? Why would he in that case choose to come to us and why would Derby let him go, if he could help fire them to the premier league, none of their current squad have the same strike rate as his loan period last season.

So you have to assume that there is more to the eye than this, if we did get him he's not the player we would want and is damaged goods in some way.

5 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Just out of interest, is there anyone who's actually reliable saying that we have or are linked with Darren Bent or is this all just bullshit courtesy of various attention seeking morons on Twitter?

Surely the latter. 

47 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Derby require £20,000 of Darren Bent's £30,000 a week salary to be paid for him to go out on loan. Initially offered at £12,000.

Taunton can you please stop stating rumour and guesswork as facts. You did this the other day regarding Zach Clough and there was no evidence of your claims whatsoever.

It's unhelpful.

40 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Taunton can you please stop stating rumour and guesswork as facts. You did this the other day regarding Zach Clough and there was no evidence of your claims whatsoever.

It's unhelpful.

Well said chief, I've heard at least five premier league managers say in interviews up that they haven't a clue how much their players earn as it's none of their business, it's between the players and the owners/chairmen.

So, if managers at these club don't know how much the players are on it always astonishes me to see how many people on here have seen players' payslips....

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, signing Wilbraham from a premier league club was a disaster, he did nothing for us as we romped to the League One title....

(Aaron, if you are reading this, I'm being sardonic!)

But he was hardly a prolific prem player.

All depends on wether they come for a bit of retirement money or want to achieve something.

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I just replied to a post saying 'it never works signing prem players'....

No mention of prolific, retirement or desire to achieve...

I'm just saying we have had some bad experiences with this. Probably why landsdown has gone for a more youthful team. 

Just hope we get a good striker before 11!

Archived