IGNORED

team for saturday

Healeyred96

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

After last Saturday I'd say 10 of the starting line up are certs.

Same keeper and back four (no way should we alter our CBs when we've finally stopped conceding goals and aren't playing two games a week).

In midfield Smith, Pack and Tomlin are nailed on whilst Freeman appears to be an automatic choice when available.

Not a fan of asking Kodjia to play the lone striker role but Wilbraham is not mobile enough to do so, so he will.

That leaves Reid, who in my opinion is too lightweight to play away from home, so I'd like to see Gladwin start, but it may well be Bryan instead.

Agree with you here Kodjia upfront by himself isn't ideal but hopefully the closer tomlin plays the more we will play it on the floor . 

Wouldn't be suprised to see a pattern of Reid playing at home and Gladwin away . I agree that Tomlin should play behind the striker however whilst regaining fitness  he maybe slightly less tightly marked  on the left and can rotate with gladwin/reid to make our passing more fluid and less predictable.

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

After last Saturday I'd say 10 of the starting line up are certs.

Same keeper and back four (no way should we alter our CBs when we've finally stopped conceding goals and aren't playing two games a week).

In midfield Smith, Pack and Tomlin are nailed on whilst Freeman appears to be an automatic choice when available.

Not a fan of asking Kodjia to play the lone striker role but Wilbraham is not mobile enough to do so, so he will.

That leaves Reid, who in my opinion is too lightweight to play away from home, so I'd like to see Gladwin start, but it may well be Bryan instead.

I think Kodjia can play as the lone striker, it's about getting players around him when we get into advanced positions.  When he has the ball in the penalty area someone has to bust a gut to get into the 6 yard box...he will invariably beat his man and slide a ball across.  I think people have forgotten that despite his sometimes greediness he does create a fair few transfers.

i do agree re Baker / Flint continuing but I do worry about the two yellow threat.  In fairness to Pembo, he has brought him off at half-time, so is completely aware.  We are looking far more solid ****il Littles tires - hopefully he is getting close to being 90 minute fit), and we did create chances, just didn't take one.

Cant see it being anything other than a nervy 90 v Charlton, and much as I'd love us to thrash them, I think any win with a clean sheet would show far we've come over the last few weeks.  Having said that any win is fine by me.

O'Donnell

Little Flint Baker Golbourne

Pack Smith

Kodjia Tomlin Freeman 

Wilbraham

Kodjia, Tomlin and Freeman rotating position during the match. Gladwin, Bryan and Agard to replace 3 of the front 4 when they tire (subject to injuries or Baker being booked!)

Archived