IGNORED

Player Sponsorship

Badger

If you bought a Well Red programme this weekend you will notice that all the players are now sponsored. This would be a great time to consider sponsoring one of the women's team - They would love your support!

You can have your name in every home programme until the end of the season for just £65 +vat ( good advertising opportunity )

Tel commercial dept on 0117 9630600

Go on - cheer up a woman!

The Incider sponsored Lee Miller's away shirt this season, and it was about £470, I think.

It varies, depending on the player, but if you contact Helen Taylor at the club, she will let you know who's available over the summer, as current sponsors get first option on renewing their sponsorship for the following year.

You can have your name in every home programme until the end of the season for just £65 +vat ( good advertising opportunity )

Tel commercial dept on 0117 9630600

Go on - cheer up a woman!

At roughly a quarter of the price of the cheapest 1st teamer and by getting your name in every programme the womens sponsorship is probably the best advertising value offered by the club.

On top of that you are supporting the most successful team that are representing the club at present.

Its such good value that my wife has told me to buy two in her name! :)

Why would you want to sponser the womens team? You don't sponser the downs league do you?

No, but then the Downs League doesn't represent our club, and sponoring them doesn't bring revenue to Ashton Gate.

Of course, if you'd rather the women who play for Bristol City weren't allowed to, purely because of their gender, then that is up to you.

Personally, I think the women are doing the club proud and shouldn't be penalised purely because they were born female and can't play in the first team.

Perhaps nobody should support the Academy or the reserves either as, after all, they aren't the actual team we support, are they?

Or is purely the fact that they're women doing their best, in the only capacity they can, to bring success to the football club we all support, that annoys you?

Why would you want to sponser the womens team?

Because a significant proportion of the local population are female, including the mothers who devote so much time and energy to bringing through the next generation of City fans.

Running a women's team conveys a message of inclusivity and the more successful it is the better it is for BCFC.

If the club can't afford a shirt for the players then they shouldn't pay them so much

A strange comment - as it's just a way of allowing fans or companies to contribute.

I'd also like to point out , that my original post concerned the women players who are not paid anything!

I'd like to add my voice to that of England's.

What is the club thinking of, exploring various avenues in an attempt to bring in much needed revenue to the BCFC coffers?

Before we know it, Bristol City will have a company logo on the front of their shirts, be having the name of a brewery on one of their stands and be setting up some sort of scheme for non-season ticket holders to contribute regularly, which they could probably call City2000 or something, all in the name of 'raising funds'.

If the club continues to come up with money-making initiatives like this, then I can see a day when we'll be reducing our debts and buying players for sums of £250-300 thousand pounds during the summer. This is clearly something that none of us want to see, so please can the board stop it now and get back to throwing their own cash at the club instead of expecting us to do it for them.

Thanks.

What is the club thinking of, exploring various avenues in an attempt to bring in much needed revenue to the BCFC coffers?

Before we know it, Bristol City will have a company logo on the front of their shirts, be having the name of a brewery on one of their stands and be setting up some sort of scheme for non-season ticket holders to contribute regularly, which they could probably call City2000 or something, all in the name of 'raising funds'.

If the club continues to come up with money-making initiatives like this, then I can see a day when we'll be reducing our debts and buying players for sums of £250-300 thousand pounds during the summer. This is clearly something that none of us want to see, so please can the board stop it now and get back to throwing their own cash at the club instead of expecting us to do it for them.

Thanks.

Back of the net!

Welcome back my little love bug.

Thanks.

Read this one with a smile on my face!

Sometimes, when you have that first chocolate button it's hard not to keep going eh Edson? :clap:

wecome back!

Thanks.

:clap: One rarely get's to witness such carefully prepared sarcasm. :clap:

Archived