IGNORED

I'd be delighted with Lee Johnson...

EmersonsRed

1) he gets his team to play proper football. 

2) the players at Barnsley pretty much demanded he was kept in charge after things went a bit dodgy this season, taking all the flack themselves and now they're one loss in twelve 

3) he always played with passion for us, even when he wasn't the best & got slated left right and centre. I remember a 2-2 draw at home to West Brom. He led that team that day. He was immense 

young manager, intelligent, speaks well

come on you reds

9 minutes ago, bristol south end said:

I will walk away for good.  Never step foot in Aston Gate again.  Nor care ever again.   Those jokers are going to do it, they cannot help it. 

Brilliant!!! :thumbsup:

Over react much?!? 

See you later, I'm sure you'll come running back if it turns out to be a successful appointment! 

8 minutes ago, bristol south end said:

I will walk away for good.  Never step foot in Aston Gate again.  Nor care ever again.   Those jokers are going to do it, they cannot help it. 

See you then....either a supporter or not.....these comments make me so mad 

He'd be my choice to honest Pearson and moyes never coming here until we at least  establish ourselves, 

monk has only had one job and inherited a good Swansea side in doing that, 

sherwood hasn't got that much of a record either 

at least little Lee has got a record of actually winning games!

17 minutes ago, bristol south end said:

2 minutes ago, CiderCraig said:

Come back when you're not on your period.

Great response....still chuckling!

23 minutes ago, bristol south end said:

You can't be a true City fan if you just walk away. Why don't you spend the rest of your life supporting the blue side of the town. Then you could have a proper moan!

This appointment,if it comes about would give out totaly the wrong message. Cotts won Division One at a canter and the paint pot trophy. We played some lovely stuff as we amassed 99 pts. Johnson has done Nothing to suggest he is better than Cotts,because that is what this is about. You dont sack a manager and replace him with some one who is not better than him. Mark Ashton said he was looking for a manager with the right experience at this level and Lansdown says he wants the Prem. Not with Lee Johnson we won't. He's third rate at the moment.

To be honest I'm a little surprised if they appoint LJ, I just thought they would have shown more intent. 

But all young managers have to start somewhere and he has shown a decent start to his career as a manager, so I for one will back LJ if he is appointed. Who knows he could well be the next David Moyes, who was after all only another half tidy player that played for us. Does it ring any bells!

10 minutes ago, fatchers said:

This appointment,if it comes about would give out totaly the wrong message. Cotts won Division One at a canter and the paint pot trophy. We played some lovely stuff as we amassed 99 pts. Johnson has done Nothing to suggest he is better than Cotts,because that is what this is about. You dont sack a manager and replace him with some one who is not better than him. Mark Ashton said he was looking for a manager with the right experience at this level and Lansdown says he wants the Prem. Not with Lee Johnson we won't. He's third rate at the moment.

Some good points, but maybe experienced champ managers have turned us down so we've gone for an up and coming head coach. It seems as if it may have been between him and Monk. There are doubts about both unfortunatly

21 minutes ago, I am the mole said:

He'd be my choice to honest Pearson and moyes never coming here until we at least  establish ourselves, 

monk has only had one job and inherited a good Swansea side in doing that, 

sherwood hasn't got that much of a record either 

at least little Lee has got a record of actually winning games!

LLJ has a record of winning games ( ish) in League 1, as we have all seen from very recent experience that is a million miles away from the Championship.

IMHO this a massive gamble and my suspicion, and it's only a suspicion as I very much NOT ITK is that the board are prepared to accept relegation.

i think sticking with SC would have been wrong as clearly things were not working either on the pitch or off it , but LLJ is a "downgrade" No Championship experience, in fact very little experience at all. This has disaster written all over it. I genuinely hope I am proved completely wrong, I want us to stay up and then move forward but I suspect this appointment will put us back from where we came. Very disappointed.

12 minutes ago, fatchers said:

Give the wrong message to who?  Look at how Bournemouth are doing with a young developing manager.  It doesn't give the wrong message to me.

i'm afraid last season is old news.  You've skipped from the 99points to Cotts dismissal without mentioning what happened between.  The failure to sign players.  The failure to change tactics.  The failure to alter our shape.  The failure to use young players.  The failure even to name a full bench on occasions.  How many reasons do you need for Cotterill going?  We have taken our time with this appointment and look as though we're recruiting a young, promising, modern manager who will have a chance to take us forward.  It sends all the right signals to me and I wish him all the best.

Who does Bristol South End think we are ?  On a par with premier league teams ?  No we are a struggling Championship side with a history of yo-yoing  between Championship and the third tier. 

The infrastructure is being put in place to sustain a higher level.  He could well be an outstanding appointment but only time will tell, but I want to hear Ashton booming with

'Johnson says bounce around the ground, bounce around the ground'   What will be will be !  

1 hour ago, bristol south end said:

What an odd thing to say fella.

Who is to say that the board haven't tried getting Moyes, Rodgers, Monk, Pearson, Mourinho (ok that was tongue in cheek) and the only thing were left with is Lee Johnson... Let's be realistic as opposed to optimistic... It's where we are...

lee johnson will have full support from me... Good luck to the lad, if he gets it... I personally don't think it'll be him though.

In between last season and Cotts departing,I thought we played well in most games,but lacked a finisher. The formation was wrong for the Championship. We still need a striker who can put the ball in the net at This level. Just because Lee has had mid table success at Division one level he has shown nothing to suggest he could say us from returning to the third tier .As we have found out its a whole new ball game at this level. I was never a Lee Johnson moaner when he was playing,in fact I feel if he had'nt been injured at the end of our Championship play off season we could possibly gone up to the Prem. But that do'es not make him a good manager especially at this level.

15 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

LLJ has a record of winning games ( ish) in League 1, as we have all seen from very recent experience that is a million miles away from the Championship.

IMHO this a massive gamble and my suspicion, and it's only a suspicion as I very much NOT ITK is that the board are prepared to accept relegation.

i think sticking with SC would have been wrong as clearly things were not working either on the pitch or off it , but LLJ is a "downgrade" No Championship experience, in fact very little experience at all. This has disaster written all over it. I genuinely hope I am proved completely wrong, I want us to stay up and then move forward but I suspect this appointment will put us back from where we came. Very disappointed.

You can't compare what cotts did last season to what little lee did!!

cotts had the biggest budget and the best team in the division and LL didn't I would much prefer Pearson or Moyes but bring realistic LL is the best of the rest! 

Archived