IGNORED

Obviously built for the Rugby

Between heaven and hell

Well we are obviously not prepared to pay the sort of wages to attract exciting goal scoring players that will improve our squad.

We are showing no ambition with the likely recruitment of Lee Johnson as our next manager.

So you have to assume that the ground development has been put In place for premiership rugby and not Bristol City FC.

None of the above will increase our season ticket sales going into a 27,000 capacity stadium.

Very poor decisions being made at the top IMO.

Gutted!

22 minutes ago, Between heaven and hell said:

Well we are obviously not prepared to pay the sort of wages to attract exciting goal scoring players that will improve our squad.

We are showing no ambition with the likely recruitment of Lee Johnson as our next manager.

So you have to assume that the ground development has been put In place for premiership rugby and not Bristol City FC.

None of the above will increase our season ticket sales going into a 27,000 capacity stadium.

Gutted!

Yes, damn us for signing the cheap option in Lee Tomlin!!! 

19 minutes ago, Between heaven and hell said:

Gutted!

My god there has been some rubbish on this forum over the years, but none more so than today!  Where to start with this post?  1. Failure to sign a striker has been nothing to do with wages.  2. Lee Johnson is regarded as one of the most promising young coaches in the country.  3.  The rugby will never bring as much as football will; Lansdown knows that.  4. I'd like to offer a bet to anyone that next season we will have more season ticket-holders than this.

Get a grip people.

44 minutes ago, Between heaven and hell said:

Gutted!

I was told weeks ago that Lansdown was favouring the rugby club and that is where the bulk of the money will be going. The ground is now owned by Bristol sport and the priority is the rugby --The sooner the City fans wake up to this the better.

2 minutes ago, Purple Paul said:

I was told weeks ago that Lansdown was favouring the rugby club and that is where the bulk of the money will be going. The ground is now owned by Bristol sport and the priority is the rugby --The sooner the City fans wake up to this the better.

Careful mate, you might upset some on here with comments like that :whistle:

23 minutes ago, Purple Paul said:

By whom?  Probably not SL.

And isn't FFP / budget control in place in Rugby too?  Don't know enough about it myself by I think there is at least a maximum team budget.

4 minutes ago, Purple Paul said:

What's that I smell?

13 minutes ago, Purple Paul said:

Well this is a lie. For starters I doubt there's anyone out there who would have a conversation with such an odd ball.

14 minutes ago, Purple Paul said:

That's total bollocks.

14 minutes ago, Purple Paul said:

That is simply not true. Ownership of the stadium HAS NOT changed since Bristol Sport was created. It remains in Ashton Gate Limited, a subsidiary of Bristol City Holdings.

Why should anyone wake up to a total lie?

15 minutes ago, Purple Paul said:

Oh, here he is...the Gashead who pretends to be a City fan.

When did you have this conversation then, and with who?

Probably Keith Chimp in 'da Vic' 

25 minutes ago, Purple Paul said:

So why are the seats red?

We could really do with the ability to allocate "Dislikes" as well as "Likes" to posts on this forum @Tomarse

I would have used up a whole bagful already today - a couple on this thread alone including to both the OP and the Purple Gashead.

The knee-jerk reactions of a lot of people on here today have been truly embarrassing. 

1 minute ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

We could really do with the ability to allocate "Dislikes" as well as "Likes" to posts on this forum @Tomarse

I would have used up a whole bagful already today - a couple on this thread alone including to both the OP and the Purple Gashead.

The knee-jerk reactions of a lot of people on here today have been truly embarrassing. 

I don't have it on because people used to childishly just down vote people who they didn't like..

1 minute ago, Tomarse said:

I don't have it on because people used to childishly just down vote people who they didn't like..

I'm sure that most of us would wear "Dislikes" as a "badge of honour" although I can understand your reasoning. It's just that too many of the posts made on here today have been outrageous in the extreme!

10 minutes ago, Selred said:

You said we aren't prepared to pay the wages, getting Tomlin (although on loan) shows we are prepared. 

It wasn't actually me that said it.

However, getting people in on loan is far cheaper (reduced wages, no fee) and all it shows me is that we are prepared to fill half the team with loan signings. Look at the centreback that we're useless without, someone else's player, look at the striker we were hoping for, looks like it'll be some else's player again (if we get one at all).   

Watching the team this season is a bit misleading as so many regulars have been on loan and will be saying goodbye come May.  

1 hour ago, Anglia Red said:

The fact that the new side on West stand is so huge and the South end relatively small -(ends are poor viewing for rugby) might support your theory somewhat.

I know it's been a while since we knocked them down but I don't remember the East end being bigger than the Williams!?

Although the Atyeo is twice as big as the Dolman so maybe you have a point! :grr:

48 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

By whom?  Probably not SL.

And isn't FFP / budget control in place in Rugby too?  Don't know enough about it myself by I think there is at least a maximum team budget.

Not sure how it works in rugby either but teams like Saracens are obviously getting round it.  They are said to be £45 million in dept but with a South African owner worth Six Billion they're not to bothered.

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

My god there has been some rubbish on this forum over the years, but none more so than today!  Where to start with this post?  1. Failure to sign a striker has been nothing to do with wages.  2. Lee Johnson is regarded as one of the most promising young coaches in the country.  3.  The rugby will never bring as much as football will; Lansdown knows that.  4. I'd like to offer a bet to anyone that next season we will have more season ticket-holders than this.

Get a grip people.

1. Failure to sign a top striker has everything to do with wages as we  are not  paying the money.

2. Top coaches in the country! What a load of crap that is.

3. It will with the Rugby in the Premiership and the City in league one and that's the way it's heading.

4. Only by offering dirt cheap tickets so people end up buying loads of kids seats that aren't used or only go now and again which is why there are so many empty seats around when our games are so say sell outs.

Get a grip and face reality.

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Get a grip people.

You said it mate!

Archived