IGNORED

Obviously built for the Rugby

Between heaven and hell

57 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

It wasn't actually me that said it.

However, getting people in on loan is far cheaper (reduced wages, no fee) and all it shows me is that we are prepared to fill half the team with loan signings. Look at the centreback that we're useless without, someone else's player, look at the striker we were hoping for, looks like it'll be some else's player again (if we get one at all).   

Watching the team this season is a bit misleading as so many regulars have been on loan and will be saying goodbye come May.  

no it isn't, man u paid 12 million to bring falco on  loan last season

10 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

Yes, and how many loans aren't like that and not involving one of the biggest clubs in the world?

If it wasn't cheaper, we wouldn't be doing it

90% of loans involve loan fees

almost all loans (youth loans included) involve a club paying ether a percentage or all of the players wages

Loans are not cheap,

I try to remain objective and see both sides of an argument whenever I post on here. But the notion that the stadium has been built for the rugby team - a team that has nowhere near the revenue-generating potential of a successful football team, even if it was in the top division - is the biggest load of bollocks I have ever read.

10 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

90% of loans involve loan fees

almost all loans (youth loans included) involve a club paying ether a percentage or all of the players wages

Loans are not cheap,

They aren't free of course, but even paying 100% of Tomlins wages until then of the season must cheaper than paying a fee and paying his wages for 3 years. If that isn't the case, I've got to ask, what are we doing?

My original point was a response to someone that said earlier, that if we sign people on loan, that shows we're prepared to pay. I'm saying all that shows me is we're prepared to sign people on loan.

2 hours ago, Purple Paul said:

I was told weeks ago that Lansdown was favouring the rugby club and that is where the bulk of the money will be going. The ground is now owned by Bristol sport and the priority is the rugby --The sooner the City fans wake up to this the better.

I have it on good authority that PP is taking the piss. The sooner otib wake up to this the better

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Bristol Rugby average attendances in their last four Premiership seasons:

9k, 10k, 9k, 7k.

Yep, definitely built for rugby.

Even if Bristol get promoted and I hope they do I can't see them adding 2/3k to bring them up to 12/13k whereas a successful BCFC 20 odd k week in week out. Still People must be right the ground is for the rugby.

I get people are disappointed and I'm not going to list the reasons we've done them to death but this is getting a bit ridiculous its almost as though some of us like being depressed.

We could appoint Pochettino and some would moan.

Archived