IGNORED

why all the negativity

wallaceboy

Can I say....I for one ain't actually enthralled by the appt if it does happen.but we all support Bristol city.get behind the choice of manager and support our team.they have obviously spoken to him at length and believe he is the correct person to take the club forward.do u honestly believe they would take a backwards step.Johnson says bounce around the ground.

But surely we need to get behind the guy rather than giving him stick from the start.he is a former player who may or may not have been liked.if anything he knows what to expect.and also knows the aspirations of Bristol city.surely he knows what fans thought of him whilst here as a player.personally I think we could of done a lot worse. seems quite clued up.

He may be able to coach what we have to their best ability, but will that be enough? My worry is he will not be able to attract the better players we will need to progress. If he is appointed he will get my support but it looks like a sideways step at best for the club. After all , his dad has more experience at this level, and he was deemed not good enough.

Why all the negativity?

Because there are plenty of unemployed managers out there keen to get back into football. Many of them have decent track records whereas LJ has no track record whatsoever.

The City managerial vacancy has been a tremendous opportunity for SL and the board to show some real ambition but it's turning out to be the opposite.

Because a lot of fans are blinkered and think that we are a big club and can attract the top names. Our current League position is ignored, and if we appoint this magical experienced manager we are promotion certs next year. Realities like budgets, FFP, building solid foundations and shrewd buying are ignored, just splash the cash and we are there, always works doesn't it......???

And if we do go down, knives are out, ignoring the complete shambles this club was in a few weeks ago. 

I've no idea if it will work out or not, but seems OK to me.

13 minutes ago, wallaceboy said:

Can I say....I for one ain't actually enthralled by the appt if it does happen.but we all support Bristol city.get behind the choice of manager and support our team.they have obviously spoken to him at length and believe he is the correct person to take the club forward.do u honestly believe they would take a backwards step.Johnson says bounce around the ground.

We don't need to go forward.

We have to actually stay still and what I mean by that is stay in this division not in the relegation zone.

I don't care about LJ or his dad at this moment in time, I don't care about the stick he has had or is going to get. I want what is right for our beloved team. All we have now is 17 games and an untried manager at any level. I can't be swayed on any point being made about his 2 relatively short stays at clubs below where we are.

All the rubbish spouted about 'surprised about who has applied' no wonder we got our hopes up. LJ, wrong man, wrong place and wrong time!

its the same otib over reaction as normal,

the same thing happened with Cotts with most people predicting league 2 football calling the board all sorts then rolling off lists of un realistic managers who were begging to come here

fast forward 18 month the same thing is happening again, fast forward another 12 months and most of those overeacting will be eating humble pie as per

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

its the same otib over reaction as normal,

the same thing happened with Cotts with most people predicting league 2 football calling the board all sorts then rolling off lists of un realistic managers who were begging to come here

fast forward 18 month the same thing is happening again, fast forward another 12 months and most of those overeacting will be eating humble pie as per

Over reaction.

For sure there is loads on here, there always is. However, I just don't get this appointment at all. I'm not in the LJ bashing brigade either, it just doesn't fit for me. I really hope he does well. I think a lot of the reaction has been from the lack of anything but smoke and mirrors from everyone upstairs and the hangover from the summer.

Time will tell I guess!

For me it's the lack of experience managing at this level.

I have nothing against the guy, the board talk about Premiership ambitions so I thought they would appoint someone with a proven track record at this level.

It's a bit like being on a promise, only to find the decorators have arrived and only getting a hand job.

It's alright but not quite what you were expecting.

20 hours ago, Chappers said:

Because a lot of fans are blinkered and think that we are a big club and can attract the top names. Our current League position is ignored, and if we appoint this magical experienced manager we are promotion certs next year. Realities like budgets, FFP, building solid foundations and shrewd buying are ignored, just splash the cash and we are there, always works doesn't it......???

And if we do go down, knives are out, ignoring the complete shambles this club was in a few weeks ago. 

I've no idea if it will work out or not, but seems OK to me.

In fairness, if you listen to the board it's easily to believe we are bigger. 

Archived