IGNORED

Mark Ashton the master politician

Londoner

Spin Doc Ashton, on the one hand, says that LJ was 'always our number one choice' and a sentence or two later says 'I do not know him as a coach'. He needs to take mentoring more seriously from Alistair Campbell in order to get it off pat much better! Either that or he thinks we football fans are all a bit thick. Is there a third explanation? Be interesting to know.

Good luck anyway Lee, take us to the promised land and when Spin Doc says he thinks Winnall and Hamill are good players worth bidding for today and then a few days later says they are good but not for us you stand your ground little fella.

I am glad the OP used lower case for the word 'master' ; as in junior but since this club can be the breeding and learning ground for so many managers its perfectly alright is it not?

To be fair we should judge him by his actions. First impressions matter however and for any of us with experience in the corporate world, or the world of professional sport, alarm bells surely ring when an over self-confident chap with a fine patter and a limited track record starts talking as though he owns the place in what is it…week three?

But as I say, let's give him a chance. 

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

I left it 10 years ago. My boss's boss would endlessly say "in terms of going forward". 

Are you sure that he wasn't just thinking outside the box, or merely wanting to touch base? As long as this blue sky thinking is sustainable!

Good to be retired and away from all this crap.

Master of B/S bingo is MA IMO.

Not trying to give MA the benefit of the doubt at all, but I think proof will come from what happens after we make our loan signing(s) this coming week.

After that point, we will have our playing / coaching team in situ, and he ought to drift into the background, until summer recruitment starts (we are going to start some this summer - aren't we?).

If he continues to desire the limelight, then I think we can make our proper judgements then....and we will see him for what he is.

He might be Corporate BS.

He might be Corporate BS but with substance.

I've worked with both sorts....you see through the first type quite quickly, but their managers don't always!  The second sort you kind of accept their lingo, have a bit of a joke about it, but accept they are doing the right thing.

Just not very football is it!

2 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

I left it 10 years ago. My boss's boss would endlessly say "in terms of going forward". 

I am still in the corporate world and I too take what my boss says with a pinch of salt sometimes and on other occasions I just do as I am told and often buy into it but on other occasions I reckon he talks a bit of drivel otherwise known as protecting the corporate corner.

All of that said i have no choice because I am merely the tea maker, photo copier, salesman, money provider and the damn boss. 

Archived