IGNORED

Get A Grip

Nomad

So we've requested and been granted permission to talk to Lee J. As far as I am aware he has not been offered the job and even if he is he still needs to accept.

What I do not understand is the plethora of negative threads about Lee Johnson, Steve Lansdown, Mark Ashton and the Board. Why not give it a rest, let the powers that be decide who to appoint and then give whoever it is a little time before jumping on them.

Are you really that talented at appointing football managers to expect your 'wants' to be valued?

It's the constant bullshit that comes out of the club that makes me angry. Ashton's comments about "surprising applicants", then we go and poach someone from League 1. "Premier League aspirations" and all that.

I will support Lee Johnson but I'm sick to death of this board. Small-time, lack of ambition, and PR spin. We will never achieve anything with these guys in charge.   

19 minutes ago, Nomad said:

So we've requested and been granted permission to talk to Lee J. As far as I am aware he has not been offered the job and even if he is he still needs to accept.

What I do not understand is the plethora of negative threads about Lee Johnson, Steve Lansdown, Mark Ashton and the Board. Why not give it a rest, let the powers that be decide who to appoint and then give whoever it is a little time before jumping on them.

Are you really that talented at appointing football managers to expect your 'wants' to be valued?

No. It's just that Keith Dawe and Mark Ashton appear to have raised fans' expectations by refusing to rule out approaches for 'big names'.

If members of the board and senior executives appear to be born with a silver foot in their mouths it's a tad unfair to blame posters' for their negative reactions.

8 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

No. It's just that Keith Dawe and Mark Ashton appear to have raised fans' expectations by refusing to rule out approaches for 'big names'.

If members of the board and senior executives appear to be born with a silver foot in their mouths it's a tad unfair to blame posters' for their negative reactions.

Even if they are the best people to take our club forward? I'm not saying they are, but I do not understand the negativity based upon what? The way they speak? Speaking without an accent is a disadvantage in running a football club now is it? And before you ask, I was born, raised and still live in BS3 and cannot talk without a local accent. Proud of it too.

Our job is to support the club whoever is in charge of it. I have for over 60 years with a variety of managers, boards, and players. I may not like who is running things but this is still my team. As the saying goes, you can't please all the people all of the time. If it was up to us we would have 50 managers and 200 players on the books and we  would still  argue! Lets get behind the new man, whoever it is, and force this club forward.:grr:

38 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Even if they are the best people to take our club forward? I'm not saying they are, but I do not understand the negativity based upon what? The way they speak? Speaking without an accent is a disadvantage in running a football club now is it? And before you ask, I was born, raised and still live in BS3 and cannot talk without a local accent. Proud of it too.

I think you're reading too much into my post. The 'silver foot' was just a means to an end. Ashton and Dawe spun a line about possible managerial targets and have upset a large number of fans. I too speak with a Bristol accent, by the way.

7 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

I think you're reading too much into my post. The 'silver foot' was just a means to an end. Ashton and Dawe spun a line about possible managerial targets and have upset a large number of fans. I too speak with a Bristol accent, by the way.

Some say a little too much at times :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

I'll say we are far from worse than the bunch mentioned

12 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

If that is the case Red Right Hand then the press release by the club makes no sense

I read press release to mean he is our top and highly likely target

True. Just trying to show that it might be far from a done deal. For what it`s worth I think he`d be an idiot to take the job here just yet. I`m having nightmares already about what will happen when Brett Pitman gets his second a week on Saturday if he`s in charge, it won`t be pretty.

Not happy about the LJ thing at all but as others have alluded to, it is the constant BS we get fed year after year.

Even before Cotterill was sacked he was saying we can't afford wages but then SL stating we can pay as much as the top teams.

Mark Ashton and his 30 applicants, some of which we 'won't believe' and now we're on the verge of getting a L1 guy.

Just add all this to the shitpile of excuses, broken promises and continual taking fans for a ride.

59 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Not happy about the LJ thing at all but as others have alluded to, it is the constant BS we get fed year after year.

Even before Cotterill was sacked he was saying we can't afford wages but then SL stating we can pay as much as the top teams.

Mark Ashton and his 30 applicants, some of which we 'won't believe' and now we're on the verge of getting a L1 guy.

Just add all this to the shitpile of excuses, broken promises and continual taking fans for a ride.

Constant BS? I think Mark Ashton has been in his post for slightly less than 1 month so exactly who are you comparing and associating him with? 

The Cotterill / SL mismatch of statements is I believe something that needs clarification. However, SL is and always has been underwriting our debts so why would I believe the stubborn 'I'm never wrong' SC? No, I do not know who the liar is but for sure they were singing from different hymn sheets. Personally - I felt a weight lighted when SC was relieved of his duties - his stubbornness was taking us down for sure (IMHO).

30 applicants we would not believe? Maybe Jose at 5m per year, 'Rocky' at 50k per year and lots more fans that can do batter like you. If you know more then let us know. Who's to say if the applicants were good, bad or indifferent - you surmise to fit your beliefs which are unfounded.

The shitpile of excuses. Go on then, name the subjects and the excuses? Same for the broken promises.

Sure, we are in a  difficult period and all want to see the club progress. Do you really want a shot gun appointment that maybe the wrong one? From what I have seen of JP I'm happy to give him another 1.3.5. or 10 games until the right man is found. It is looking like LJ and FWIW he would not be my choice but I will admit that I have never been in the job of appointing a manager to a Championship football team and admit that others are better placed to do so than I. Obviously my tactical genius would be better than any appointment in picking the starting 11, the formation, general tactics and substitutions when needed.

Apart from that Rocky, I think you are spot on.

3 hours ago, Nomad said:

Fine, but I for one am underwhelmed at the prospect.

Just now, BigTone said:

Fine, but I for one am underwhelmed at the prospect.

I'm not over the moon myself BT. But do you think you or I are better placed to decide? Have you interviewed all the applicants? I haven't so will leave the decision to those who have (and I re-iterate that they have NOT confirmed a new manager/head coach yet). Then I will judge the new man based on what he delivers.

Are you in a better position to decide the new manager?

3 hours ago, downendcity said:

We could have appointed Mourinho and fans on here would moan cause he's had no championship experience.

Mmmm I don't think they would moan if mourino was appointed actually, but we have every reason to moan if Lee is appointed. 

2 minutes ago, sodburyred said:

I think all fans are erratic. I remember a few seasons back Derby fans knowing best and protesting when Steve Bruce was in for talks. He decided not to join because of it and instead got Hull promoted  to the prem. 

im sure City fans know best aswell....

Well said sod.red.

As much as I believe I know what is wrong with our formation, starting line up and general philosophy do you think anyone is going to listen? No, and so they shouldn't. It's a bit like me trying to tell SL how to set-up and run an investment company.

Mark Ashton. Being slated but I'm pretty sure he knows football from his time with WBA. Time will tell and if he isn't 'the one' then Neo will know and move on.

4 hours ago, Nomad said:

Maybe our board should get a grip, plenty of false promises and spin. They created this situation and now choose to appoint a rookie manager with zero championship experience yet spout we are ambitious to challenge for the Premier league. Classic sales bullshit. This club has premier league ambition on peanuts investment.

10 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Maybe our board should get a grip, plenty of false promises and spin. They created this situation and now choose to appoint a rookie manager with zero championship experience yet spout we are ambitious to challenge for the Premier league. Classic sales bullshit. This club has premier league ambition on peanuts investment.

Who's been appointed? Have I missed something? Peanuts investment? Take your dick out your mouth and cough up more than SL. Then I may listen. Until then you are just a negative bell-end.

8 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

Perhaps they didn't rule out approaching these "big names" because they actually did approach some of them...

I don't remember anything coming from the club to insinuate an approach for a big name though, only that some applicants may be "surprising". Given that LJ is a highly rated young coach, it would be surprising for him to come here and potentially throw away the progress he has made in his short managerial career. Not to mention that there's the quite likely possibility the board may have spoken to some of the other names and have been mulling over their choices, given that it's taken a few weeks for the decision to ask for permission to speak to LJ

Archived