IGNORED

I wonder how Pembo is feeling??

bcfcmike

As the title states I wonder how Pembo is feeling right now with all this talk of the club possibly appointing a manager that has achieved nothing in football management.

Don't get me wrong Pembo would not of been my choice of manager for us in our current situation, however he would of been miles ahead of little Lee.

Pembo has taken charge on a interim basis fair enough, and without setting the world on fire has not done too bad.

Now if I was in his shoes and the club were thinking of giving the job to a Pearson or Moyes or even Monk type, id be thinking that's fair enough, however if I was being over looked and little Lee was in the running I'd be thinking what do I have to do??

1 minute ago, Libertine1 said:

Whatever you think of LJ how you can say  Pembo would've been miles ahead of him is beyond me.

Lee Johnson has some experience as a manager (or head coach), John Pemberton does not.

Little Lee has some pretty poor experience as a manager, John Pemberton has vast experience of working with our current squad of players, know there strengths and weaknesses etc, Little Lee does Not.

3 minutes ago, Libertine1 said:

Whatever you think of LJ how you can say  Pembo would've been miles ahead of him is beyond me.

Lee Johnson has some experience as a manager (or head coach), John Pemberton does not.

Indeed, the first post doesn't even manage a sentence before personal bias/agenda comes in to it.

1 minute ago, bcfcmike said:

Little Lee has some pretty poor experience as a manager, John Pemberton has vast experience of working with our current squad of players, know there strengths and weaknesses etc, Little Lee does Not.

I'm sure Pembo will still be with the club since continuity is part of the master plan, so his knowledge and experience of the squad will still be relevant

Just now, ashton_fan said:

I'm sure Pembo will still be with the club since continuity is part of the master plan, so his knowledge and experience of the squad will still be relevant

Yeah I hope so, as I said in original post he wouldn't of been my choice as manager, but I truly think he should be kept on at the club.

14 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Whereas Pembo has done......what exactly? 

Exactly the point of the OP, neither have done anything!! But In my view Pembo would have won the race due to his inside knowledge of how the club is being run and the players he has to hand at this moment in time.

And to be fair I would not of been happy with Pembo getting the job, but as I said in view if we are going to go down the un proven route he should of been given his chance.

If LJ is appointed which im sure he will be, the whole situation stinks of lack of ambition from the club.

Why lack of ambition?

We have acquired a young hungry head coach who knows the club and will give it everything to keep us up

If he fails, for which he can't be blamed, then we have in post before summer transfer dealings a manager who knows division one and its players and will be good for us next season

31 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Why lack of ambition?

We have acquired a young hungry head coach who knows the club and will give it everything to keep us up

If he fails, for which he can't be blamed, then we have in post before summer transfer dealings a manager who knows division one and its players and will be good for us next season

Sorry, I don't understand your comment regarding he can't be blamed. I don't think he could be totaly blamed, but there are enough games left to ensure survival .

Your comments regarding next season imply that when we get relegated LJ will know who to bring in for a promotion push - genius!! We take the best of League 1, get promoted, then get relegated again because, as we have seen, the best of League 1 simply are not good enough for the Championship!

Going down is NOT an option if we are to progress, and LJ offers little ( not zero ) but little chance of that not happening.

Wrong choice at the wrong time - there is little doubt about that.

1 hour ago, Red Army 87 said:

If the club have said he will keep his job then I'm sure he's relieved. How you can say he is miles ahead of LJ astounds me, he has had 4 games in charge, and not exactly set the world alight. 

Spot on , it was pointed out on the BBC story he has only won once in four games, which is true, I thought he stabilised things well and did OK but that is the point of an interim manager keeping the seat warm.

25 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

Spot on , it was pointed out on the BBC story he has only won once in four games, which is true, I thought he stabilised things well and did OK but that is the point of an interim manager keeping the seat warm.

But you have to bear in mind before he took over we'd only won once since 3rd November under Cotts, so compared to that his record is pretty good.

9 hours ago, redfieldred said:

He changed the formation, a bit of a no-brainer, but he did it quickly and got our midfield looking like they belong at this level. He hasn't solved our lack of goals, but that comes down to lack of signings and luck! 

I absolutely wasn't criticising or belittling the job Pemberton has done here, but it's been three games in a caretaker capacity.

The OP is basically saying he has the same experience as LJ - who's managed 150+ football league games as the out and out manager, and that's just wrong.

If Pearson or Moyes got the job ( which was always highly unlikely) they would come with there own team, number 2, coaches etc so pembo would be out on his ear. So with LJ he is more likely to be relieved and kept on. Saying that I hope he is kept on! I felt if pembo got the job it would be like Kieth millen a good number 2 but not suitable for the top job however nice they are

Archived