IGNORED

I wonder how Pembo is feeling??

bcfcmike

15 hours ago, iamsober said:

Pembo will stay as number 2 I'm sure and continuity will continue until the end of the season with LJ being guided along by Pembo and his new found solid looking system.

This is another reason why i believe we have gone for Lee Johnson. Somebody who Ashton sees as being fairly easy to manipulate and manage and will also mean Pemberton and probably a fair amount if not all of the current backroom staff can stay happily in there jobs.

Its a nice cushy appointment for all this really isnt't it, no major changes will be made and its just a nice easy one for the board, as has been said a real manager would have come in and probably ****ed the lot out including Pemberton.

15 hours ago, Red Army 87 said:

If the club have said he will keep his job then I'm sure he's relieved. How you can say he is miles ahead of LJ astounds me, he has had 4 games in charge, and not exactly set the world alight. 

I wouldn't have chosen Pembo but.... he knows the squad, the academy, the club. We haven't set the world on fire since he has been in charge but we did look more solid. We have 17 games left he knows us and the opposition we will face. So, we bin all of that and bring in someone who will have 16 games, knows sod all about the first team or anything else about the team, the division or our opposition. Mind blowing decision!

6 minutes ago, supercidered said:

I wouldn't have chosen Pembo but.... he knows the squad, the academy, the club. We haven't set the world on fire since he has been in charge but we did look more solid. We have 17 games left he knows us and the opposition we will face. So, we bin all of that and bring in someone who will have 16 games, knows sod all about the first team or anything else about the team, the division or our opposition. Mind blowing decision!

It's all part of the master plan, to get back to the safety of League 1, where we can be big fish in a small pool for the rest of our lives.

15 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

Why lack of ambition?

We have acquired a young hungry head coach who knows the club and will give it everything to keep us up

If he fails, for which he can't be blamed, then we have in post before summer transfer dealings a manager who knows division one and its players and will be good for us next season

So basically...He's Hungry, he knows the club and will give us all....and that basis pretty much every fan on this forum is equally quailed.

He's not fit for the role, plain and simply and is a downgrade on the previous manager!   He's done not a single thing of note in Football Management and frankly as a player he owes his dad his career because without him he'd have been nothing but a mid table scottish premier league player.

I feel sorry for Pemberton I just hope he doesn't lose his job.

1 hour ago, supercidered said:

I didn't read anywhere that pembo or the other coaching staff were leaving? The continuity is there, we will just have a new man to head it up.

Pembo showed us that the players can play well in a different formation, which most had been saying already, it wasn't a master stroke. He didn't need to work on motivation or application from the players as that was clearly there under cotterill.

6 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I absolutely wasn't criticising or belittling the job Pemberton has done here, but it's been three games in a caretaker capacity.

The OP is basically saying he has the same experience as LJ - who's managed 150+ football league games as the out and out manager, and that's just wrong.

No the OP is not saying that at all, what the OP is saying is that the postion BCFC are in I fell till the end of the season Pembo would of propably be the best option, don't rock the boat situation.

It was made clear in the OP Pembo def would not of been my choice as manager, however given the choice of him or LJ, I would of given him the chance he deserves.

Archived